Wally is the GM of the entire CFL

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

cromartie wrote:
Blitz wrote:I believe, without question, that Wally has done his best job as a GM, ever since he relinquished his Head Coaching duties and focused solely on the GM role.

That said, I really don`t see why Wally is being viewed as doing such a great job regarding the Reilly trade to Edmonton. First of all, we may be trading a quarterback who will start for Edmonton next season. Secondly, even though Reilly was going to be a free agent there were three teams competing for his services, involving Hamilton, Winnipeg and Edmonton. Yes, Reilly was going to be a free agent but with the competition of three teams vying for Reilly, a second round draft choice in 2014 and an exchange of second rounders for this upcoming season, is not that huge of a return.
Yeah, I'm, going to disagree with you here. The alternative was, Reilly walks and goes to Edmonton or Winnipeg for nothing. A swap of 2nds and a 2014 2nd for someone you would lose in two weeks is pretty good, all things considered. No one is parting with a 1st for a guy they aren't guaranteed to sign. Draft picks matter to everyone not named Brendan Taman.

As for it being the West, your two largest suitors were Edmonton and Winnipeg. Winnipeg will be in the west in 2014 anyway with the return of Ottawa. I like Reilly, but I don't fear him enough that I must trade him out of the division. There is nothing wrong with this move.
The word is that Winnipeg will stay in the East until a 12th franchise becomes part of the league. Remember, they got league financing for making the move, the CFL is still more Scottish when it comes to the $.
Entertainment value = an all time low
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
The word is that Winnipeg will stay in the East until a 12th franchise becomes part of the league. Remember, they got league financing for making the move, the CFL is still more Scottish when it comes to the $.
I think you mean 10th. Because if we have to wait for 12, we'll all be dead.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:

News1130 reported last week that Wally told McCallum he'll have to fight for his job this year. That will be an interesting battle. I can't see O'Neill being stashed on the injured list for a third season.
Going to be an interesting battle. Will O'Neil be OK to be on the injured list if he loses the battle or will he seek employment elsewhere ?
Rammer
Team Captain

cromartie wrote:
Rammer wrote:
I think you mean 10th. Because if we have to wait for 12, we'll all be dead.
Yep that should read 10th...:lol:
Entertainment value = an all time low
274always
All Star

and a happy birthday to our friend wally today.
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.