Whitecaps unveil new jerseys

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lionheart
Hall of Famer

WTF???

That's it? We're Vancouver Bell??

This must be a joke.
smphantom
Legend

I always thought Whitecaps stood for the whitecaps on rough seas?? Now they change it to mountains?

Would you rather have those colours and BELL or this?:

Stay thirsty my friends.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Oh my god that's brutal.

It still doesn't vindicate the idiot who allowed bell as our logo.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

That one is ugly too, but the colors and logo are still better than the Vancouver shirt.
Last edited by Blue In BC on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spud387
Champion

I like the sounders jerseys. The main sponsor's font isn't bolded like Bell's and the jersey has design styling other than that embedded whitecaps logo into the pattern which simply looks like any Umbro jersey as they do the same thing with their jerseys.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

The old logo is much better IMO but maybe they are going to wait and use it as a retro jersey in a year or two.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

It looks better on the Jersey from a distance than it does up close. Doesn't make it good looking though. Hate the "Bell" across the front too.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

smphantom wrote:I always thought Whitecaps stood for the whitecaps on rough seas?? Now they change it to mountains?

Would you rather have those colours and BELL or this?:

I always thought it was just the whitecaped waves also, 3rd paragraph in explains the story.
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Socc ... story.html
Bighill is Badass
ShyCheetah
prospect

I like the new uniform and logo. The understated uniform looks Premiere league yet the logo is very north american. If they went for the Sheild or Flag patch of the Premeire league that would be too wanna-be ish. As for the uniforms, they're probably going to change every year anyways (isn't that how its done in Europe?). So if you don't like this one, just wait a year.

Shy.
bclions16
Champion

ShyCheetah wrote:I like the new uniform and logo. The understated uniform looks Premiere league yet the logo is very north american. If they went for the Sheild or Flag patch of the Premeire league that would be too wanna-be ish. As for the uniforms, they're probably going to change every year anyways (isn't that how its done in Europe?). So if you don't like this one, just wait a year.

Shy.
MLS is completely wannabeish. All the phony tradition, "supporters", "FC", songs and scarves. Ugg.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████