CKNW - Jimenez stayed until off-season

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Gerry
Legend

Calgaryclan wrote:It's going to come out before the game. And as a CALGARY FAN, I almost hope it isn't as blatant. But, I have to think, with all the media analysists, former players, and for ****'s sake his own teamates comments. I'm glad I'm not a BC lion's fan.

Go Riders! (said with not that much enthusiasm)
I have heard that some of the Lions players have commented negatively on the hit, but again, I have not seen any direct quotes. It is all very much "he said, I heard he said" from what I can see. If anyone has any more info, I'd sure like to see it.

If this was a dirty, illegal, intentional, out of the norm hit, I am sure that most fans, including those of the BC Lions, would like to see the perpetrator punished to the fullest possible extent.
Enough is enough.
stansz
Champion

i mean this is getting blown out of proportion....as a lions fan myself i want him to be punished if it was illegal hit ...but really...if he missed this game, i wouldnt really be that concerned
pumped!!!
Jer Bear
Rookie

hwgill wrote:Walby isn't credible, not in the least. The guy is so biased it's incredible. Jones, he's alright. Friedman, no.

Funny thing is, the only people who are complaining about this are the fans. Other players, coaches, GMs even, are all saying there isn't enough evidence.
After all the fines that GM's and Coaches have gotten this year for voicing their opinion can you blame them for keeping their mouths shut? I am fairly certain that if the GM's and Coaches of the league could really say what they wanted to without fear of fine they would be singing a different tune.
Vern Halen
Champion

Jer Bear wrote:I really hope someone ends Jimenez's career with a after-the-whistle cheap shot on Sunday. I don't care how classless it make me sound, I'm sure you could ask Sherko to take him out, he seems to enjoy post-whistle cheapshots as well :wink:
I had to go back several pages to see if this was indeed a direct quote.

Jer Bear - WTF? No one should EVER deliberately wish harm on another person, regardless of what they've done. Two wrongs do NOT make a right. Besides, there is still the whole concept of "innocent until proven guilty" to keep in mind. Perhaps some have already convicted him, but the process we have (flawed that it is right now) is still the process we have. Either Jiminez will be cleared and then a ton of people should be writing apologies on fan boards. If he's found to be in violation, then he'll man up and take his punishment.
Jer Bear
Rookie

The fact is he should have "manned up" and taken his punishment (if you want to call it that, it's more like a slap on the wrist considering what he's done) right from Day 1. Instead he uses the appeal process as a stall tactic so he can keep playing. My comment wishing injury on Jimenez is harsh I realize, but I refuse to apologize for what I believe is just. Karma is a beotch and I hope when he's writhing on the ground in pain he remembers that what goes around comes around.
Vern Halen
Champion

I realize that he could have manned up right away, but human beings are by nature opportunistic. I'm sure the day that little Jimenez strapped on the pads for his first day of football, he thought "I want to be a champion", not "I wanna end some guy's career years from now". He wants to PLAY.

He had an opportunity to appeal which is allowed by the league and the CFLPA. The timing may suck if you're a Rider fan, but if your a Lions fan, you want ALL your starters on the field for probably the final game this year (as I still want the Riders to win :yes: :yes: :yes: )

Karma *is* a beotch - remember when you wish something bad on others: that what goes around comes around.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Vern Halen wrote:I realize that he could have manned up right away, but human beings are by nature opportunistic. I'm sure the day that little Jimenez strapped on the pads for his first day of football, he thought "I want to be a champion", not "I wanna end some guy's career years from now". He wants to PLAY.

He had an opportunity to appeal which is allowed by the league and the CFLPA. The timing may suck if you're a Rider fan, but if your a Lions fan, you want ALL your starters on the field for probably the final game this year (as I still want the Riders to win :yes: :yes: :yes: )

Karma *is* a beotch - remember when you wish something bad on others: that what goes around comes around.
This is one of the most logical posts I've seen from a Riders fan in a while. I'm glad that even though you may not appreciate Jimenez or hate our team that you can still look at this situation with some common sense. Obviously what Jimenez is accused of is horrible, but the fact is that there's a process and what clear thinking person is going to just "man up" and accept a suspension that could hurt his team's chances to win a Grey Cup when the opportunity for him to play is there? :thup:
Vern Halen
Champion

No Ordinary Joe wrote:
Vern Halen wrote:I realize that he could have manned up right away, but human beings are by nature opportunistic. I'm sure the day that little Jimenez strapped on the pads for his first day of football, he thought "I want to be a champion", not "I wanna end some guy's career years from now". He wants to PLAY.

This is one of the most logical posts I've seen from a Riders fan in a while. I'm glad that even though you may not appreciate Jimenez or hate our team that you can still look at this situation with some common sense. Obviously what Jimenez is accused of is horrible, but the fact is that there's a process and what clear thinking person is going to just "man up" and accept a suspension that could hurt his team's chances to win a Grey Cup when the opportunity for him to play is there? :thup:
I just like to look at things from a "what if the teams/players were reversed" point of view. I think about if it had been, say, Mike Abou-Mechrek for example that had done the same thing Jiminez did, would I approve of what he did? No. Do I think he should be punished if indeed he did do what he's accused of? Yes. Do I want him playing in the WDF? Hell, yeah - he's a great guard and I want him playing as it increases my team's chances of advancing!

Kinda gives balance to thought processes rather than just blindly slagging the other team/player...
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Vern Halen. There is not much that one can say except that you have displayed a standard to which many posters can aspire. It isn't often that I applaud a poster here that is from another site. Few give us cause to but you sir are a gentleman. I appreciate the perspective you have brought to this site in your short time here. You do your team and province credit. It is too bad that the same can't be said of a certain other poster who has graced this site recently.

Are you sure that Jer Bear isn't some kind of alter ego? I already tried scrambling the letters of your name to see if I could spell Jer Bear and I couldn't. :lol: :beer:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Vern Halen
Champion

Sir Purrcival wrote:Vern Halen. There is not much that one can say except that you have displayed a standard to which many poster can aspire. It isn't often that I applaud a poster here that is from another site. Few give us cause to but you sir are a gentleman. I appreciate the perspective you have brought to this site in your short time here. You do your team and province credit. It is too bad that can't be the same of a certain other poster who has graced this site recently.

Are you sure that Jer Bear isn't some kind of alter ego? I already tried scrambling the letters of your name to see if I could spell Jer Bear and I couldn't. :lol: :beer:
:lol: :lol: LOL - nope - no alter ego today - my meds are working! :wink: :beer:
Vern Halen
Champion

Thanks for the kind words.

You all have a really great group and great board here. :beer:

Just because we cheer for different teams doesn't mean we all can't enjoy the game.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Glad to hear it. There is some very Yin Yang stuff going on around here. One guess who is the YinYang.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Jer Bear
Rookie

I am very much looking forward to the apologies I will be getting after the video is released to the public, and that is the last I am going to say on this matter until the video is released.
Dan Russell
Legend

Jer Bear wrote:I am very much looking forward to the apologies I will be getting after the video is released to the public, and that is the last I am going to say on this matter until the video is released.
You'll be waiting an long time then.
Gerry
Legend

Jer Bear wrote:I am very much looking forward to the apologies I will be getting after the video is released to the public, and that is the last I am going to say on this matter until the video is released.
Apologies for what? You're guessing, and if you guess right you want us to apologize to you?

No. You're getting slagged for guessing in the first place, instead of talking about something that you know about.
Enough is enough.