Bombers sign Buck Pierce

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

According to the Winnipeg Free Press the Bombers have called a press conference today to announce the signing:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breaki ... 11144.html

I am happy for him that he is getting the 2nd chance he feels he deserves.......
ziggy
Legend

Best of luck Buck ,unless you're playing us. With a good O line and a scheme designed for him, Buck will no doubt be a huge asset to the Bombers! You can't teach heart and Buck has a ton of it IMHO!
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Buck will certainly improve the Bombers at QB. It also gives the team a mentor for the other QB's that haven't had much or any playing experience.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Great news for Buck, the Bombers and the CFL.

I hope Buck shoots lights out.

http://www.bluebombers.com/article/bomb ... ack-pierce

From the Bombers' announcement ...
He has compiled a record of 21-12-1 as a starter and a career quarterback efficiency rating of 93.6.
http://www.cfl.ca/article/winnipeg-the-buck-stops-here

From the cfl announcement ...
Pierce has spent five seasons in the CFL, all with the Lions. His best season came in 2008 where he threw for 3,018 yards and 19 touchdowns in only nine full games, while completing 64.1% of his passes. Over the final eight regular season games of 2008, Pierce threw 14 touchdown passes and only four interceptions.
And those stats say much about Buck's time with the Lions. Great production, but then some injury problems. If only ... if only ...

And now he gets his chance with the Bombers. I have only the best wishes for Buck. :beer:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Congratulations and best of luck to Buck.

Schedule note: The Bombers make their only visit to B.C. on Saturday, Oct. 2 at 7 p.m. It's the first leg of a back-to-back series that ends in Winnipeg on Thanksgiving afternoon, Monday, Oct. 11. I hope we get to see him then.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

IF he stays healthy, he is a significant asset to them. Definitely a risk/reward signing for the Bombers...
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
mightybuck
Legend

Just ordered my winnipeg polo shirt and hat -

Go blue and Gold ( del norte colors ) and the W on the hat and Helmet - Warriors and Winnipeg

Sorry Dale - you cant get rid of me :)
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Darn! I was hoping he'd get signed in the NFL. I'll be glad to see Buck play and the Bombers have themselves a fine CFL QB, IMO.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

mightybuck wrote:Just ordered my winnipeg polo shirt and hat -

Go blue and Gold ( del norte colors ) and the W on the hat and Helmet - Warriors and Winnipeg

Sorry Dale - you cant get rid of me :)
lol.

Welcome on board the Blue & Gold band wagon. Now that he is the Bomber QB, I'll be cheering for him loud and proud.

It may take me awhile to stop cringing when he gets hit, but if we can protect him better that will help. There is no doubt that he has more skill at his position than we've had for some time.

You should sign up for posting on Extra Point to cheer him on too.

Now you get to cheer for both the Lions and the Bombers since they are West and East division teams.
Last edited by Blue In BC on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mightybuck
Legend

I dont know if I want to be on any more boards or not - not sure I want to go through all this again with the reading and writing - perhaps cheering from afar, listening and watching games like I have done for years with NFL teams is good enough for me right now - :)

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

mightybuck wrote:
I dont know if I want to be on any more boards or not - not sure I want to go through all this again with the reading and writing - perhaps cheering from afar, listening and watching games like I have done for years with NFL teams is good enough for me right now - :)
I hear ya, mb.

You are a little too close to the action regarding Buck. On any site someone in the family, or a close family friend, is going to hear stuff they don't like.

You know Buck has been one of the most popular B.C. Lions ever, and yet there is stuff said that can be hurtful to those close to him.

No wonder many athletes and entertainers say they don't read the newspapers, et cetera.

Best wishes to Buck. And best wishes to you and your family, mb. It is going to be a somewhat longer drive if you guys head over to the Peg for games.

Meantime, I personally look forward to seeing Buck at Empire Fields, and shouting out to him in pre-game warmups, when the players troop past the stands.
mightybuck
Legend

yea - i am just going to continue to support my friend and his family and go from there

It is one thing when people share their opinions of things - ok thats your take..etc

Its another when (and this is when it gets tough because you cant comment back when you know the truth about something that has been posted - because then you are betraying a trust of information)

But posters will:
1- come across as knowing it all - when in fact they dont.
or 2 - they are talking about things that they have absolutely no first hand knowledge of the facts or what was really said, done, decisions made on and off the field, etc etc - or what truly is going on behind the scenes...You cant comment on that, you cant say "you dont know what you are talking about" etc - all one can say is "what first hand knowledge do you have to back up your statement"...guys have said "its all smoke concerning the nfl" well - what first hand knowledge do you have to make that statement? What first hand knowledge do you have of what contact has been made and discussions talked about? And most would say "none" yet they want everyone on the board to think that surely they are a voice of authority.

Yes - WCJ when you are family or friends of the family you have to have a tough skin - but to be honest - with all I have been through in almost losing my wife, just 2 months ago - I really dont care to try and do that any more right now...other things in life are far more important to me...and far more stressful

So anyways - these 5 years has been, fun, exciting and frustrating as you pointed out wcj -

I am planning and hoping to bring my wife ( who is doing very well, getting stronger every day, although she has lost vision out of both eyes - when looking to the left - hoping that heals in time) to the Oct. 2nd game -

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Congratulations to Buck and the best of all wishes for him in the future.

If the Bomber's front five protects him better than our past linesmen have maybe he will not have to run for his life as often, and attempt the questionable late hook slides that have endangers his health in the past.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good signing by the Bombers. I wish Buck Pierce all the best. With Paul LaPolice a former offensive coordinator at the helm, he will devise some schemes to protect Buck better than what he got in BC.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

mightybuck wrote:yea - i am just going to continue to support my friend and his family and go from there

It is one thing when people share their opinions of things - ok thats your take..etc

Its another when (and this is when it gets tough because you cant comment back when you know the truth about something that has been posted - because then you are betraying a trust of information)

But posters will:
1- come across as knowing it all - when in fact they dont.
or 2 - they are talking about things that they have absolutely no first hand knowledge of the facts or what was really said, done, decisions made on and off the field, etc etc - or what truly is going on behind the scenes...You cant comment on that, you cant say "you dont know what you are talking about" etc - all one can say is "what first hand knowledge do you have to back up your statement"...guys have said "its all smoke concerning the nfl" well - what first hand knowledge do you have to make that statement? What first hand knowledge do you have of what contact has been made and discussions talked about? And most would say "none" yet they want everyone on the board to think that surely they are a voice of authority.

Yes - WCJ when you are family or friends of the family you have to have a tough skin - but to be honest - with all I have been through in almost losing my wife, just 2 months ago - I really dont care to try and do that any more right now...other things in life are far more important to me...and far more stressful

So anyways - these 5 years has been, fun, exciting and frustrating as you pointed out wcj -

I am planning and hoping to bring my wife ( who is doing very well, getting stronger every day, although she has lost vision out of both eyes - when looking to the left - hoping that heals in time) to the Oct. 2nd game -
Well I for one am glad you sound like you aren't going to leave. You have been a great member of this community and very good ambassador for a well liked and popular player. My continued well wishes for the recovery of your wife and I hope (except when he plays the Lions) that Buck is able to continue his career in the fashion he wants and with success he desires (I might not even be too upset if he thrashes us once in awhile).
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.