Favourite Jason Clermont Moment?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

For me it's a play that defined his career as a B.C. Lion: athletic, determined, and incredibly tough.

October 7, 2007 - LION82 goes across the middle to catch a ball in traffic and in the process, nearly gets decapitated by the Eskimos' Will Loftus. Incredibly, he hangs onto the ball. Even more incredibly, he bounces right back up and in a show of defiance that this hit could ever possibly get the better of him, takes the ball and spins it on the turf. :yes:

[youtube][/youtube]

Thanks Jason. :beauty:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
SammyGreene
Team Captain

It would have to be back in 2004 when on 3rd and a country mile he pulls off a huge catch and run play that wipes out a pair of Calgary DBs and he loses his helmet in the process.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

These are not necessarily favourite, but memorable...

His catch on the final drive in regulation of the 2004 WF comes to mind.

There was also a catch he made, and I think this was from his rookie year, against the Eskimos where he evaded two DBs who ended up colliding with each other as he waltzed into the endzone for the major. By that time we knew we had something special in this guy. I saw it on youtube once; I'll leave it to someone else to track it down.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Rammer
Team Captain

Countless plays where the defenders were left behind in his trail of destruction, not one stands out from another, just knowing when he grabs the ball that the game is reduced to man vs man.

The WDF final game against the Riders in 04 when he got the ball on the third down play to give Duncan a chance to tie the game was as big as it gets. There is a better picture of the play Sammy Greene has suggested, with him rising and two or three Stamp players remaining on the ground after the sheer determination of JC has left his mark.
Entertainment value = an all time low
pigskinpatriot
Starter

Too hard to pick . The fact that I don't think I EVER saw him run out of bounds pretty much sums him up. One I did like a lot though was a home game, in 2007 I think , he caught a pass for a td , trotted over and nicely placed the ball on the turf for the point after....classic Clermont. Gonna miss that dude big time.
"The C.F.L. will be dead in three years " My uncle , June, 1990 .
hutch
Champion

A game against Toronto when he caught a ball and lowered his shoulders into an Argo DB and laid him out!!
Must have been in his first or second year.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

David wrote:For me it's a play that defined his career as a B.C. Lion: athletic, determined, and incredibly tough.

October 7, 2007 - LION82 goes across the middle to catch a ball in traffic and in the process, nearly gets decapitated by the Eskimos' Will Loftus. Incredibly, he hangs onto the ball. Even more incredibly, he bounces right back up and in a show of defiance that this hit could ever possibly get the better of him, takes the ball and spins it on the turf. :yes:

[youtube][/youtube]

Thanks Jason. :beauty:

DH 8)
Beat me to it! I was there that night was was in awe! I never get tired of that clip.
Big Time
Champion

I'd say nearly every catch was memorable. He never gave up on any play and always got extra yards when you thought he was going down. I'm still baffled and pissed at this move.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Every time he suited up with a Lions logo on his helmet!

But I'm just being nitpicky!
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

pigskinpatriot wrote:One I did like a lot though was a home game, in 2007 I think , he caught a pass for a td , trotted over and nicely placed the ball on the turf for the point after....classic Clermont. Gonna miss that dude big time.
If that had been a one time deal, it would be more memorable, but as you said, it's classic Clermont. I have to agree with the Loftus hit and his defiant uprising. Definitely had me out of my seat.
MacNews
Team Captain

My favourite plays are where Jason would cream a DB, turning an interception into an incomplete pass!
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

MacNews wrote:My favourite plays are where Jason would cream a DB, turning an interception into an incomplete pass!
His replacement will be able to do that.

Not.
David
Team Captain

Of course, for some, their favourite LION82 moment may have been when Steve Armitage interviewed the Most Valuable Canadian after a bitterly disappointing loss in the 2004 Grey Cup.

Steve Armitage: SO Jason, is this a dream come true?
Jason Clermont (with a 'you gotta be effing kidding me' look on his face): Well Steve, I never really dreamed of losing the Grey Cup.

:lol:
Priceless.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Soundy
Hall of Famer

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Of course, for some, their favourite LION82 moment may have been when Steve Armitage interviewed the Most Valuable Canadian after a bitterly disappointing loss in the 2004 Grey Cup.

Steve Armitage: SO Jason, is this a dream come true?
Jason Clermont (with a 'you gotta be effing kidding me' look on his face): Well Steve, I never really dreamed of losing the Grey Cup.

:lol:
Priceless.

DH 8)
Thus absolutely cementing Armitage's reputation as one of the world's great cliche-ridden dumba$$es.