Timbits Football Camp

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Zapboy
prospect

Our family just got back from the Timbits Football camp, and wow! What a great bunch of guys! My son had a great time and all the guys were just awesome with the kids. They had tons of fun and we are definitely going back next year. It's these kind of community events that will build the next generation of football fans!!

Thanks to all the members of the Lionbackers and the team for making it a great event for the whole family!!
Jason Jiménez
Rookie

Zapboy wrote:Our family just got back from the Timbits Football camp, and wow! What a great bunch of guys! My son had a great time and all the guys were just awesome with the kids. They had tons of fun and we are definitely going back next year. It's these kind of community events that will build the next generation of football fans!!

Thanks to all the members of the Lionbackers and the team for making it a great event for the whole family!!

Glad you and your family had a great time today Zap. We host a couple of those events a year. I'd like to clarify one thing for you if I may. The Lionbackers that were there today in Surrey are not the same group of Lionbackers that partake in the online community here. One group is highly supportive (the Surrey group), and the majority of the others are fair weather fans that like to talk crazy and criticize the Leos at any given moment (the online group). These are clearly two distinct groups of 'Lionbackers.'
joesports
All Star

Jason Jiménez wrote: Glad you and your family had a great time today Zap. We host a couple of those events a year. I'd like to clarify one thing for you if I may. The Lionbackers that were there today in Surrey are not the same group of Lionbackers that partake in the online community here. One group is highly supportive (the Surrey group), and the majority of the others are fair weather fans that like to talk crazy and criticize the Leos at any given moment (the online group). These are clearly two distinct groups of 'Lionbackers.'

"Fair weather fans"? :sigh:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

If by fairweather fan you mean someone who spent $200 that I didn't really have to travel from the Island to welcome you guys back from Winnipeg in the freezing cold pouring rain, and who painstakingly helped make copy after copy of game DVD's, then I guess I'm guilty as charged. As fans and members of this site, we're entitled to our opinions too. We may not pat you guys on the back as much as the Lionbackers fan club does, but our varying opinions do not lessen the pride and support we feel for the team deep down.
Real women wear orange!!
Jason Jiménez
Rookie

CatsEyes wrote:If by fairweather fan you mean someone who spent $200 that I didn't really have to travel from the Island to welcome you guys back from Winnipeg in the freezing cold pouring rain, and who painstakingly helped make copy after copy of game DVD's, then I guess I'm guilty as charged. As fans and members of this site, we're entitled to our opinions too. We may not pat you guys on the back as much as the Lionbackers fan club does, but our varying opinions do not lessen the pride and support we feel for the team deep down.
No ma'am, this was not directed towards you at all. Your support is most appreciated. I refer to those that speculate w/o justification, draw the most outrageous conclusions, and jump ship when we're down on our luck. I really appreciated you and your husband's efforts to make it to camp this year in the cold rain, and give away DVD's to us players. Your absolutely right when you say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however, I will submit that some posters on here should either hate us all the time, or like us all the time.

For example: a lot of people got on Murph for getting beat by Calgary's portly DE. What none of you know is that the ball has to be thrown in 3 seconds or less on those particular plays, and the receivers ran the wrong routes. Most assume that the receivers always run the correct routes. But if a lineman gets beat, it has to be his fault, his error.

Another example is this notion that we're not tough or hungry because we haven't pancaked anyone lately or ran down the field. Just because it isn't witnessed, doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. II don't know the count for this game, but last game the oline had 7 or 8 pancake blocks/knockdowns. And lets not kid anyone here...we start trying to lay out defenders on a run play, and we're highly likely to get flagged for unnecessary roughness. I for one was flagged for this in the Winnipeg game because it happened to be on a DB. The alternative is to 'play smart' and not get dumb penalties called on us, which we all know negate drives. We're damned if we do, and we're damned if we don't it seems.

We get questioned for playing well, for playing poorly, playing indifferently, playing period. Either you/ fans likes us or not. Some posters like to make a lot ouf of absolutely nothing and feel the need to be chat room commandos about it. There's no need for that. Some of the guys on the team either read or hear about what is said on here. A head shake or snicker usually follows.

We all appreciate the fans, that goes w/o saying. We understand that we have to correct the issues that have plagued us lately. Those problems do not include Joe Smith, babies, or last year arbitration cases.
bclions16
Champion

joesports wrote:
Jason Jiménez wrote: Glad you and your family had a great time today Zap. We host a couple of those events a year. I'd like to clarify one thing for you if I may. The Lionbackers that were there today in Surrey are not the same group of Lionbackers that partake in the online community here. One group is highly supportive (the Surrey group), and the majority of the others are fair weather fans that like to talk crazy and criticize the Leos at any given moment (the online group). These are clearly two distinct groups of 'Lionbackers.'

Ya, there are some here.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

not very smart for a player to come on here and start being critical of any fans. The things you are crying about go with the job. It should be expected, accepted, and\or ignored by the mature veterans. Getting into it on fans sites is pointless and only creates ill will. Beside, if any of you let anything any of us post get into your head, its only gonna screwup your game, which might help explain some present on field woes.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
bclions16
Champion

KnowItAll wrote:not very smart for a player to come on here and start being critical of any fans. The things you are crying about go with the job. It should be expected, accepted, and\or ignored by the mature veterans. Getting into it on fans sites is pointless and only creates ill will. Beside, if any of you let anything any of us post get into your head, its only gonna screwup your game, which might help explain some present on field woes.
uh oh
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Jason Jiménez
Rookie

I'm not being critical of anybody. I'm engaging the fanbase via this forum. I see it as a total fan/player experience whether good or bad.

There are a lot of things that go on, on the field, which people jump on w/o knowing the five w's. If I can help clarify some of those things, than I'm happy to do so. If someone posts conjecture and it requires clarification, or a difference of opinion, then so be it. I dont see the problem with that. A lot of fans on here have thanked some of us players for doing so.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Jason Jiménez wrote:I'm not being critical of anybody. I'm engaging the fanbase via this forum. I see it as a total fan/player experience whether good or bad.

There are a lot of things that go on, on the field, which people jump on w/o knowing the five w's. If I can help clarify some of those things, than I'm happy to do so. If someone posts conjecture and it requires clarification, or a difference of opinion, then so be it. I dont see the problem with that. A lot of fans on here have thanked some of us players for doing so.
thats quite fine. Good on ya for it. However, some of what your first two posts said went beyond that. and I am sure you know it.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Jason Jiménez wrote:I'm not being critical of anybody. I'm engaging the fanbase via this forum. I see it as a total fan/player experience whether good or bad.

And we continue to be in your debt for being here to let us in on what is really happening. The way to fight the uninformed opinion is with the knowledge of the fact, and you provide that. Thank you.

:beer:
joesports
All Star

bclions16 wrote:
joesports wrote:

Ya, there are some here.
I know there are some here (the ones who gripe and then threaten never to go to another game...we know who they are. 8) )

But to say the "majority" of the group here are fairweather is not accurate. Just because someone is critical of a team's play at times doesn't make them "fairweather". I know I've had season's tickets for years, in Calgary and here, and I've seen some really good teams, and some really bad teams at times. Doesn't mean I quit going. I also didn't pretend that they were purrfect. Better for fans to be discussing the team and its play (good or bad) then not give them a second thought at all.

Also, I agree that I appreciate player's insights into the game. You're right, Jason, in that there are things we don't know, and I like having them clarified for us. :thup:
Bosco
Team Captain

Steering this thread back to the spirit of the initial post - my son also took part in yesterday's Timbits camp, and full props go out to Tim Horton's, the Lions organization, players, and Lionbackers fan club for a well run community event. :thup:

As a fan, I appreciate the dedication and spirit of the players who took part in this event, especially as it was scheduled the morning after a game.
Blitz
Team Captain

Jason Jiménez wrote:
Zapboy wrote:Our family just got back from the Timbits Football camp, and wow! What a great bunch of guys! My son had a great time and all the guys were just awesome with the kids. They had tons of fun and we are definitely going back next year. It's these kind of community events that will build the next generation of football fans!!

Glad you and your family had a great time today Zap. We host a couple of those events a year. I'd like to clarify one thing for you if I may. The Lionbackers that were there today in Surrey are not the same group of Lionbackers that partake in the online community here. One group is highly supportive (the Surrey group), and the majority of the others are fair weather fans that like to talk crazy and criticize the Leos at any given moment (the online group). These are clearly two distinct groups of 'Lionbackers.'
Sorry you feel that way Jason! I've been a huge supporter of yours but I also made a comment last game that I thought that you were back on your heels a couple of times last game. I agree with you that, from a players perspective, when a team is not playing well and are being criticized on a fan website (Lionbackers) it feels like they are 'fair weather' fans. However, fair weather fans are really only fans that support a team when it is winning and are not there when it is losing. I don't believe that is the case with the most posters on this website. We're here win or lose and at games win or lose and would be if our Leos didn't win a single game this season.

However, this is not a rebuilding team. This is a team that has a lot of talent. I think most recognize that a number of teams have improved this season, both talent wise and coaching wise and it's not easy to stay on top. However, some of your own teammates have commented about practice habits, too much yipping at practices, and not being focused as much as needed. Your own team meeting tried to address some of these concersn. I don't believe, as a team, you would say that you are playing to your potential. We've also watched most of you play for a lot of games now and have seen how well you've played. Our Leos have dominated the regular season, winning a Grey Cup in 2006 and winning a record 14 wins last season. When that standard of excellence, that you've set, is not reached, it's not only disappointing for yourselves but for us also.

Most of us think you've been our most consistent lineman this season. However, this has not looked like the team that had so much fire over the past two seasons. I'm hoping that the Montreal game will be the first step in getting us on the road to the Grey Cup this year. Best wishes for a great game and to seeing the Wrecking Crew take on the defense with the most sacks this season and send them a message early and often that it's not going to happen this game!!!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Remember to enroll your kid in the 2009 Timbits Football Camp on Monday, September 7th from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.

http://www.bclions.com/page/timbitscamp
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。