Update: TJ Stancil released

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Joshua

will be announced as becoming a Lion this Sunday. When healthy, this Shivers find, is a stud out there at LB.

Congrats on a great signing
lucky leo
Rookie

Who is TJ Stancil? Where is he from, did he play for a CFL team before? Whats his credentials?
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

He was a Rider LB who was cut in May. Haven't seen links or proof yet though. :roar:
Real women wear orange!!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Joshua wrote:will be announced as becoming a Lion this Sunday. When healthy, this Shivers find, is a stud out there at LB.

Congrats on a great signing
If he's so great, why isn't he still in Regina?
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Well, after a bit of digging :wink: I found a link from an article posted last Sunday:

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 2ab2e3ddfd
Nonetheless, Buono confirmed he and personnel director Roy Shivers have discussed possible employment prospects for ex-Saskatchewan Roughriders linebacker T.J. Stancil in the event the Lions eventually are stretched thin at Johnson's position.

This hardly sounds like a concrete, finalized deal to me. Do we really need a cast-off LB? If we are going to pick someone up, it should be some more O-Line depth. And what is it about people not posting links to trade/acquisition stories? I had to work HARD to find that link! :lol: Must be a Wheatie thing.
Real women wear orange!!
Zarquon
Champion

CatsEyes wrote:Well, after a bit of digging :wink: I found a link from an article posted last Sunday:

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 2ab2e3ddfd
Nonetheless, Buono confirmed he and personnel director Roy Shivers have discussed possible employment prospects for ex-Saskatchewan Roughriders linebacker T.J. Stancil in the event the Lions eventually are stretched thin at Johnson's position.

This hardly sounds like a concrete, finalized deal to me. Do we really need a cast-off LB? If we are going to pick someone up, it should be some more O-Line depth. And what is it about people not posting links to trade/acquisition stories? I had to work HARD to find that link! :lol: Must be a Wheatie thing.
This was discussed last week on a particular Rider board and I had a PM from one poster who said they have some inside knowledge that this is a done deal. The reason for the cast off is for the same reason there has been talk of us cutting Jamall Johnson. TJ Stancil has been very injury prone.

Maybe if we have both of them on the roster at least one will be healthy each week. ;)
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Riders hoard LBs like the Lions hoard DBs and running backs. Stancil always impressed me with his quickness and hitting ability when he played. He played only six games last year but he had an amazing 36 tackles. The official reason he was released in May was because of his injury history.

The Lions have been too thin at that position for two seasons and have yet to find a proven replacement for Carl Kidd. Stancil is worth a look.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:The Riders hoard LBs like the Lions hoard DBs and running backs. Stancil always impressed me with his quickness and hitting ability when he played. He played only six games last year but he had an amazing 36 tackles. The official reason he was released in May was because of his injury history.

The Lions have been too thin at that position for two seasons and have yet to find a proven replacement for Carl Kidd. Stancil is worth a look.
Sorry, B.C. FAN, but Riders do not "hoard"; they work very hard at losing more man-games to injury than any other club. And they do it superbly. 8)
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

just talked to a very knowlegable riders fan (yes its true!) he knows there roster inside and out. He says stancil has potential to be a great lionbacker even winning player of the week last year(i believe he said last year). but always ended up injured! Many injuries the last couple years is why he was cut
Zarquon
Champion

Solar Max wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:The Riders hoard LBs like the Lions hoard DBs and running backs. Stancil always impressed me with his quickness and hitting ability when he played. He played only six games last year but he had an amazing 36 tackles. The official reason he was released in May was because of his injury history.

Sorry, B.C. FAN, but Riders do not "hoard"; they work very hard at losing more man-games to injury than any other club. And they do it superbly. 8)
It is funny when you look who they had on injured reserve and how they came in and out of the lineup they put themselves over the cap by hiding players on the injured reserve list.
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

If he can tackle, I don't care where he came from.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Perhaps it's Buono's not so subtle way of getting his message through to his players.
LFITQ
Team Captain

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:If he can tackle, I don't care where he came from.
:whs:

Sad that it has come to this already ....
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Joshua

only cut due to injuries - Roy convinced Wally to have a look and Wally then contacted Eric to see what the deal was. Injuries - which is too bad because IIRC he was player of the week more than once during his career in Regina.

The guy can play and many Rider fans were sad to him released
bclions4life

What about my boy Goodwell? Does this mean that Wally will straight-up cut him? That can't be justified. Please - NO!