Impark Sucks

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Lionut
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC wrote: Did they give you this example?

NMS >>>>>>>>>>>>> O's >>>>>>>PP
NMS <<<<<<<<<<<<<$16M + <<<< PP

This was one of the largest sports contracts of it's day and was a legal and binding contract written on a napkin.

Recognize it? When put to paper in detail it was a 130 + page document.

Lawyer was Robert Worthington if that helps.
OK, how long do you plan on keeping us hanging until you give us the story? :wink:
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Lionut wrote:

This was one of the largest sports contracts of it's day and was a legal and binding contract written on a napkin.

OK, how long do you plan on keeping us hanging until you give us the story? :wink:
mcmahon wrote that while hogan had him in a headlock :lol:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Lionut wrote:

Oh, sorry. That was intended mostly from Diane.

This was the sale of the Edmonton Oilers by Nelson Martin Skalbania to Peter Pocklington for $16 M +.

My contract law prof was Pocklingtons' lawyer at the time.

As I said, it was written on a napkin on a flight across Canada. One of the interesting issues, was that it became necessary to determine WHERE the plane was ( in flight ) when the contract was signed because it was done on a Sunday. Provinces have different laws which may have prohibited certain contracts from being legal on a Sunday.

For a contract to be formed, it is not necessary for an exact amount of money to be deterimined to make it binding. What is necessary is an agreement in principle. The KEY being INTENT.

When this agreement was worked out in detail, it was represented by a 130 + page legal document. However as the lawyer mentioned, it was binding at the time the draft was written on the napkin.
Smooth
All Star

I like Impark about as much as I like the Allouettes.

I dislike all who work for or are associated to the company in any way, shape or form.

I'm currently working on having yet another Impark ticket cancelled from an incident in Burnaby. They mail me a past due notice despite never being issued a ticket.

When I arrived nice and early at BC Place on Thursday I had my ten loonies ready to drop in to the machine. When I walked up to it I noticed it said $12...so I walked back to my car to grab a couple more bucks. When I arrived back at the machine the price was now $15.

Gotta love these worms.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

As much as you all dislike Impark, I don't think it's much worse than the stingy city government and their parking meters.

Do you remember the good old days when free parking started after 6:00 PM and was free as well all day Sundays and holidays? Sometime in 1997, the city government increased the time to 8:00 PM as well as all day Sundays and holidays.

Or, how about streets that used to have free parking but then had parking meters installed?
Rammer
Team Captain

Times change, Sundays did not use to be a business day, nowadays, businesses require that day to survive.
Entertainment value = an all time low
gfunkatron
prospect

Was there a problem with Impark at the last game ?

I remember tailgating at the West Final last year in the lot between Cambie bridge and the Stadium. The attendants didn't bother anyone, neither did the cops.

Planning to tailgate at the home opener in the same lot so hopefully there are not any restrictions !
Upstairs.....where Norman keeps his mother !
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Did they see you with the BBQ? That was the big issue. Then telling him to *frig* off a few times kinda added to it.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

D wrote:Imperial Parking has got to be the axis of evil

Feel free to discuss :x
I take it there was a problem at the last tailgate. Did they ask you guys to leave or is it a jacked up price problem?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
bbgirl
Legend

They told us to stop using the BBQ or we had to leave the lot - that's what I got from it at least.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

It proves that even though they *say* they aren't liable on the ticket, it really means they are. So by all means, if anything happens to your vehicle if you're ever parked on one of there lots, go ahead and sue.

They are liable.
Are you sure about that? You can sue anybody for any reason of course but I would think that Impark's liability is probably restricted to damages which could be attributed to their negligence. So for example, they would be liable if a light in their lot fell on your car because it was old and decayed. They probably would not be liable if a hurricane force wind knocked over the same light standard which was otherwise in good condition.

If the conflict arose out of the use of a barbeque, I could see that one happening as well. I agree its silly but I believe there are a number of fire and safety regulations governing where and how you can use a propane Barbeque. If it could be shown that they knowing allowed such regulation to be breeched and anything did happen, they would be liable at that point. Of couse, security might just have had a bee up there butt too. :no:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

This was the funniest part... honest.... *went like this*:

impark - "you gotta get rid of that bbq now!"
Derek - "Matt, do you take mustard on your burger"?
Matt Dunigan - "yes, extra mustard please".

Lmao!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:This was the funniest part... honest.... *went like this*:

Lmao!
how did matt know where you guys were/ Does he browse here??
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

It was all aranged for him to join our tailgater the night before at the tsn shoot. He hung out for at least an hour or more. :thup:
orphan cub
Champion

Lionheart wrote:This was the funniest part... honest.... *went like this*:

BWAHAHAHA! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

was the delivery really that smooth? D- sometimes you are too damn funny for your own good :wink:
2006 Grey Cup Champions