Food Vouchers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

Anybody heard about the food vouchers the ST holders were supposed to receive? There wasn't anything in the ticket package....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Asked that question to my Accounts Manager at the Season Ticket Holder Huddle two weeks ago. She advised that they will be mailed out. Looks like the Lions fumbled on this one. What else is new ??
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Asked that question to my Accounts Manager at the Season Ticket Holder Huddle two weeks ago. She advised that they will be mailed out. Looks like the Lions fumbled on this one. What else is new ??

Food vouchers... lol.. sounds like a charity.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

My food vouchers arrived today in individual $5 denominations, good for any regular-season game. Check the fine print. "Not redeemable for alcohol. No cash value. Not legal tender. No change given." This promotion must be costing the Lions and/or B.C. Place several hundred thousand dollars, in addition to the lost revenue and extra expenses associated with holding the preseason game at UBC.

The letter accompanying the food vouchers said an email will be sent with an offer code for additional tickets to any of three remaining summer games, Friday, July 24 against Toronto, and the two Thursday games, Aug. 6 against Edmonton and Aug. 20 against Montreal. Like last year's GWN promotion, this ticket offer looks like a good way to put some extra butts in the seats without costing the club much revenue. Those games are unlikely to sell out. I don't know how many fans will actually take up the offer. The GWN promotion had about 60% uptake, and that offered tickets to any regular-season game in the fall, when fan interest is much higher.
David
Team Captain

Regardless of the fine print, this is still a very generous offer by the club/BC Place. :thup: I was not inconvenienced in the slightest with the preseason game at UBC.

As for the ticket vouchers, can definitely use those too. I have two out-of-town guests coming for the Argo game anyway.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Ryan
All Star

Received my vouchers today. It is a nice bonus, remember that FIFA (or the proceeds from the FIFA deal) that is covering this. The one thing I find odd is that it is $70 per account. I have three tickets and received $70. My sister who sits beside me has one ticket and received $70. This is only going to cause problems. They really should have figured out how much they were willing to pay out and divide it by the number of tickets as how they have done it is inequitable.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

My $80.00 voucher arrived this afternoon. On the surface it appears to be generous. In reality not so much. Case in point: If I buy a beer (cost $6.00 at the game) I would have to pay with two $5.00 voucher (value $10.00). Lions save $4.00 Wonder if I can pay with one voucher and a loonie :popcorn:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:My $80.00 voucher arrived this afternoon. On the surface it appears to be generous. In reality not so much. Case in point: If I buy a beer (cost $6.00 at the game) I would have to pay with two $5.00 voucher (value $10.00). Lions save $4.00 Wonder if I can pay with one voucher and a loonie :popcorn:
The vouchers aren't good for alcohol. I believe you could buy a $6 hot dog with a voucher and a loonie.