Bombers @ Lions, Nov 27, 2011 Grey Cup Odds and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:

Just as our offence, as developed by Jacques Chapdelaine, has been doing in our run. :thup:
Took 3 plus years. :wink:
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

The key to this game is to just sit back and enjoy the victory my friends. :beer:

I read a lot of pc here... in a one game this, buck that... yada yada yada. Have any of your been watching?

Look I know it's usually a rookie fan that is too over confident but I've watched a lot of games in my life and this one is clearly the easiest to predict as a win ever. Never have I seen a team go in with the momentum and confidence as the Lions this year. It was all those loses in the beginning that has set this up like a freshly baked pie..

As I see it if you were to make a formula that would combine talent, confidence, momentum and zero fear of losing with no nerves (and it's this last one which is HUGE, as there have been many great teams that went in with a fear of "what if"?) I believe the Lions rank number one right now. :thup:

Also, by half way through second buck will be hobbling off wishing he was a car wash attendant and Paul will wish he had taken someone up on sex before the game.

Ok LH, tell his how you really feel! lol
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Edit, there is one way the Lions could lose and that is if lulay gets thiesmaned. I see no other way.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Not a bad effort by the Province in their Grey Cup pullout in todays edition. They call it 28 pages which I think is being a bit generous considering the adverts. Some really in depth pieces, like one on the 94' Grey Cup winners (hadn't heard the story of a towelless Lui being willing to take on Jefferson). I am definately going to be picking up a program Sunday. IMO, the Provinces coverage of the CFL and the Grey Cup has been excellent this week......
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Not a bad effort by the Province in their Grey Cup pullout in todays edition. They call it 28 pages which I think is being a bit generous considering the adverts. Some really in depth pieces, like one on the 94' Grey Cup winners (hadn't heard the story of a towelless Lui being willing to take on Jefferson). I am definately going to be picking up a program Sunday. IMO, the Provinces coverage of the CFL and the Grey Cup has been excellent this week......
LOL, that one has actually been widely reported before... "You wanna fight? Fight ME!" I hadn't heard all that stuff about Barry Wilburn, though. :shock:

That article identified starting centre Ian Sinclair as the longsnapper on the game-winning field goal, but the way I remember it, Matt Clarke — not to be confused with e-less receiver teammate Matt Clark — was the one who snapped the ball to Darren Flutie for the pin.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/22551

Excellent comments by Wally pre-Game, the night before.

I've never heard him speak better. Truly excellent. :thup:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

"You know what" it would have been better if we had heard the reporters' question. Right ? OK ?
Blitz
Team Captain

What concerns me most, going into this game, is the speed of the Winnipeg defense and the fact that they play a lot of man coverage, which in the past has caused problems.

Winnipeg will often rush only four, often using the zone blitz, where they will bring a linebacker and drop off a lineman into zone coverage underneath. What Winnipeg wants to do is create a lot of pressure on the quarterback with as few defensive players as possible, therefore creating more opportunities for turnovers in their pass coverage. This style of defense still takes away the deep ball while havng a lot of defensive bodies to try to shut down the underneath stuff.

Burke's defensive strategy has shut down a lot of offences by confusing them, taking away their strengths, and creating turnovers. Burek shut down Montreal, Calgary, and Hamilton's offences in big games.

Winnipeg's rushing attack is a second concern. Speedy tailbacks are more of a problem for our defense than a power back..we have the defensive tackles to play against a power game and our deensive ends are more power rushers than speed rushers. Buck also has to factor into Winnipeg's rushing attack.

If we can shut down the running game of Winnipeg and get pressure on Buck he has a tendency to dump off underneath. He also will turn the football ove with pressure..he had 14 touchdownas against 18 interceptiosn this season.

Winnipeg is a tough, gutsy team with a lot of speed. Theyv'e also shown the ability to come back from behind, even when the oppostion had a big lead on them...so if we get them down we need to kick them.

This is going to be one very phtauxKKT tough match....and especially in the trenches.....where it will be a war!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Buonosjanet69
Starter

very good anaysis as always, blitz
rareair
All Star

Our Lions are better on both sides of the ball, relatively speaking. You could argue that the Bombers D is a little tougher at times, but playing against Lulay and the Lions O is more difficult than the average. Even if you put the Lions D a bit behind the Bombers, the Lions D is competing against an average at best offense today, which will make them look better.
The only way we lose this game is if we lose the turnovers by 2 or more, or if our special teams coverage lets us down. Man to man, Our O vs. their D and vice versa, we win by 2 touchdowns. Keep the mistakes minimal and the Grey Cup is ours.
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo