David Hyland

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

This guy appears to be a great find. Great instincts - was always around the ball last night and made a wonderfully athletic interception, stepping right in front of Brock Ralph (and Stanley Franks) to pick off Jyles's pass. He reminds me of another aggressive DB/safety who played here in the 70's: Wayne Matherne.

I am a little confused about his contractual status though. He signed here about a month ago from the Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz (yes, that's really their name) of the Arena Football League. I don't believe the two leagues honor each other's contracts, and their season runs from April through July. Would he be returning to that league? What happens when our season kicks off on July 1, 2011?

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Why did he run out of bounds after his INT? Didn't look like there was anyone around him.
Rammer
Team Captain

Lion Guy wrote:Why did he run out of bounds after his INT? Didn't look like there was anyone around him.
Everyone is asking this, but I think that he took the coaches way and made sure that he wasn't going to be stripped of the ball. He would have only gone about 3 more yards and had contact, take the momentum and perhaps got a late hit out of bounds.
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Lion Guy wrote:Why did he run out of bounds after his INT? Didn't look like there was anyone around him.
I was watching from behind. It looked like there were a couple of people closing from the front and side. He wouldn't have gotten much farther.
David
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
I was watching from behind. It looked like there were a couple of people closing from the front and side. He wouldn't have gotten much farther.
Ask Nate Clements if Hyland made the right choice after the interception. :roar:

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Game Day, Baby!
Rookie

Falling in love with Hyland after one game against Winnipeg
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:Yep, I think the coaches would be just as happy if the defender intercepted the ball and fell down, rather than doing a jitterbug routine and getting stripped. Too bad nobody taught K. Williams how to recover a fumble in traffic. I bet Keron would get an angry e-mail from his high school coach if he was watching on Saturday. :wink:
Keron ought to know better. It's not as if he's a raw rookie; he's being in this league for several years.