Riders top $30 million in revenue

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The CFL's richest team keeps getting richer. The Saskatchewan Roughriders held their AGM Saturday and released a financial report showing gross revenue topped $30 million for the first time, including $10.2 million in ticket receipts (up from $9.3 million the previous year) and $7.1 million in merchandise sales (up 9% from the previous season). The club recorded a record profit of $3.1 million. Nice job, Saskatchewan.
Link
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Here's a news story with a few more details and quotes from president and CEO Jim Hopson. Oh, and I love that the headline writer mentions the one thing that didn't go so well for the Riders last year:

Riders do great financially despite Grey Cup loss
Rammer
Team Captain

I wonder how you attain a $3.1M profit from over $30M revenue, they have some very creative accounting going on, which any business making hand over fist money will want to do.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Ravi
Legend

Rammer wrote:I wonder how you attain a $3.1M profit from over $30M revenue, they have some very creative accounting going on, which any business making hand over fist money will want to do.
No kidding. There is definitely some funny stuff going on with the books there but good on them for generating all those revenues.
Bobbyp
Champion

We need revenue sharing
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED