Don't mean to rub it in, but.....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Vern Halen
Champion

Solar Max wrote:
Vern Halen wrote:This reminds me of Don Cherry and the Bruins with the too many men penalty.

Don has never mentioned the name of the offending player to this day.

Hopefully, the Riders will follow suit.
For all the hard times we give you here, I am sorry that this happened for you. For those at Riderfans not so much, but you are a true fan and deserved better, imo.

I would lose to you any time, and you should be proud of your club regardless. They are one helluva team. Wish some of the Leos had half that much heart.

To Vern: :beer:
Thanks, Max. Having a hard time right now, but we are proud of our boys - many had them picked to finish in the basement in the West; and to be one screw-up away from taking the prize is a tough pill to swallow.

Cheers! And here's to 2010! :beer:
Rammer
Team Captain

Vern Halen wrote:
Solar Max wrote:
Vern Halen wrote:This reminds me of Don Cherry and the Bruins with the too many men penalty.

Don has never mentioned the name of the offending player to this day.

Hopefully, the Riders will follow suit.
For all the hard times we give you here, I am sorry that this happened for you. For those at Riderfans not so much, but you are a true fan and deserved better, imo.

I would lose to you any time, and you should be proud of your club regardless. They are one helluva team. Wish some of the Leos had half that much heart.

To Vern: :beer:
Thanks, Max. Having a hard time right now, but we are proud of our boys - many had them picked to finish in the basement in the West; and to be one screw-up away from taking the prize is a tough pill to swallow.

Cheers! And here's to 2010! :beer:
I will second SM's statement, and now expect the Riders to be that much hungrier next season with what should be almost a full contingent of returning players, plus a pesky Dressler to add to that compliment of receivers. Tough one Vern, but you can hold your head high for the Riders efforts.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Soundy
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Courtesy of Esksfans:

The next Rider Special Teams coach:
http://www.esksfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24739
Hahahahah that's the best one yet :)

Donning asbestos underwear for bringing hockey into the thread, but... notice a resemblance?

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Rammer
Team Captain

Soundy wrote:
LFITQ wrote:Courtesy of Esksfans:

The next Rider Special Teams coach:
http://www.esksfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24739
Hahahahah that's the best one yet :)

Donning asbestos underwear for bringing hockey into the thread, but... notice a resemblance?

The Count counts by single digits, the other by one million at a time, however it is a negative number.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Ok, I'm going to rub it in a bit more. :tease:

Lionheart
Hall of Famer

The ultimate irony.

Wow...
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Poetic justice IMO
pennw
Legend

Lion_Pride_26 wrote:Ok, I'm going to rub it in a bit more. :tease:

Have ya tried to post that on riderfans yet ?
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote: Donning asbestos underwear for bringing hockey into the thread, but... notice a resemblance?
One....track...mind.

Jesus. :bang:
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

The 13th Man?

That would be a cool name for a CFL website. Look into it!
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

pennw wrote:

Have ya tried to post that on riderfans yet ?
If I did, I wouldn't make it out alive.
nelson95
Legend

I have to admit that I've had my hate on for the Riders since they knocked us out in 2007. In fact I was there voting for the Als with my Riders Suck button on.And no on threatened me despite being extremely out numbered. God forbid wearing a Canucks suck button to GM Place
However I wouldn't wish that kinda loss on anyone. The dejection of those fans was unbelievable. I actually felt so bad I took the button off. Some louts were mocking Riders fans outside but no fights, thats how depressed the green nation was. I hate this pity, I wish Duvall (who was the worst player out there) hit the 1st FG.
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

nelson95 wrote:However I wouldn't wish that kinda loss on anyone. The dejection of those fans was unbelievable. I actually felt so bad I took the button off. Some louts were mocking Riders fans outside but no fights, thats how depressed the green nation was. I hate this pity, I wish Duvall (who was the worst player out there) hit the 1st FG.
I've seen that type of letdown before... obviously not at the same level, but...

I'm sure most will remember a certain visit of the Esks to the Dome, oh, three or four seasons ago... we'd held the lead most of the game, I think might have even had a substantial lead at the half, but the Evil Empire fought their way back, worked their way down to winning-field-goal position with only a few ticks left on the clock. There were two Eskies fans on the end of our row and after a game of not much to cheer about, they were about ready to explode as the kick team lined up. Lions fans seemed torn between being loud and just making their way to the exit, it was pretty clear, the Esks were gonna win it on the last play. And then... their QB dropped the snap. And thus followed a mad scramble as the clock ran out...

Man, I've never seen someone deflated so fast as those two guys in green-and-gold.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

If u watch the reply there is one player who doesnt come out for the second fg try, #31 Sean Lucas.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:
nelson95 wrote:However I wouldn't wish that kinda loss on anyone. The dejection of those fans was unbelievable. I actually felt so bad I took the button off. Some louts were mocking Riders fans outside but no fights, thats how depressed the green nation was. I hate this pity, I wish Duvall (who was the worst player out there) hit the 1st FG.
I've seen that type of letdown before... obviously not at the same level, but...

I'm sure most will remember a certain visit of the Esks to the Dome, oh, three or four seasons ago... we'd held the lead most of the game, I think might have even had a substantial lead at the half, but the Evil Empire fought their way back, worked their way down to winning-field-goal position with only a few ticks left on the clock. There were two Eskies fans on the end of our row and after a game of not much to cheer about, they were about ready to explode as the kick team lined up. Lions fans seemed torn between being loud and just making their way to the exit, it was pretty clear, the Esks were gonna win it on the last play. And then... their QB dropped the snap. And thus followed a mad scramble as the clock ran out...

Man, I've never seen someone deflated so fast as those two guys in green-and-gold.
In my 14 seasons of regular attendance at BCP I don't think I've ever heard a louder crowd at a regular season game than that night as Edmonton lined up for the kick that they would never get off.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.