Lions @ Stamps Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

I'm done with Buck. He is not consistant at all. I hope Printers is at least the back up next week. Bucks poor 2nd half, poor defense in the second half and the absolutly horrid calls by the officials were the keys. Now maybe the rider fans can shut up about games being handed to us, as this one was taken by the stripes.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
hwgill
Legend

Dunnigan and Climie even say that the Lewis catch wasn't.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
hutch
Champion

hwgill wrote:I am just so pissed, I thought that if we win tonight, we have a good shot at still taking the Western Title. Now, I don't have the confidence that they can win the title, nor make the playoffs.
Title? There was/is no way BC is even close to being good enough for the title this year. Playoffs maybe....Title is a huge NO !
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

You can't pin this on the defence, and I'm surprised the offence did as well as they did. I didn't expect them to win, but the first half gave me some hope that maybe the officials might give them a chance. Bad decisions didn't help, and frustration made for worse decisions.
nelson95
Legend

Lions will hit 30,000 with the Riders here
The YMCA has a deal as well as the local station here(Hawk)
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
hwgill
Legend

hutch wrote:
hwgill wrote:I am just so pissed, I thought that if we win tonight, we have a good shot at still taking the Western Title. Now, I don't have the confidence that they can win the title, nor make the playoffs.
Title? There was/is no way BC is even close to being good enough for the title this year. Playoffs maybe....Title is a huge NO !
Now, I agree with you, before the game, I wouldn't have agreed.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Stopping the run which has been the Archilles heel for the Lions this season once again reared it's ugly head.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

hutch wrote:
We're still 5-7. Even if we only win two more games this season (which is a possibility) a crossover is likely. We have the season series against Toronto already, and unless one or both of Toronto and Winnipeg have a very big surprise or two they're not going to catch Hamilton.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

If a 7-4 Lions team lose this one, I say "meh"... but when a 5-6 Lions team lose this one I am pissed. By my count we left 11 points on the field tonight, subtract the single that Whyte never intended to score, and you get 10 points and a Lions victory. The Lions squandered the chances they had again tonight. I have little problem with the play of most of the guys (other than a few too many drops yet again) but once again our O and D coordinators failed to adjust in-game.
Game Day, Baby!
Rookie

How does the worst ref ever to hold a whistle in the cfl and the ex-Calgary coach get to make unbiased? garbage decisions that they have to back up with subsequent worse decisions to ruin a game eh? only in the bs cfl!! g'night all!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

It is the coaching and their schemes and play selection and not the players...

We have the horses...

If the Charioteer doesn't know the horses, or their personalities, or where their strengths lay, or how to allow them to pull in unison and race like a team, who do you blame, the horses or the Charioteer?
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Game Day, Baby! wrote:How does the worst ref ever to hold a whistle in the cfl and the ex-Calgary coach get to make unbiased? garbage decisions that they have to back up with subsequent worse decisions to ruin a game eh? only in the bs cfl!! g'night all!
Most of that was not on Glen Johnson; it came from the CNIB Offices at CFL HQ in Toronto, head blind dude Tom ("White cane") Higgins.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Stopping the run which has been the Archilles heel for the Lions this season once again reared it's ugly head.
and all last year !
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
hutch
Champion

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:
hutch wrote:
We're still 5-7. Even if we only win two more games this season (which is a possibility) a crossover is likely. We have the season series against Toronto already, and unless one or both of Toronto and Winnipeg have a very big surprise or two they're not going to catch Hamilton.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought season series against teams from the other division don't mean a thing? Simply have to have more points right?
Game Day, Baby!
Rookie

Game Day, Baby! wrote:
How does the worst ref ever to hold a whistle in the cfl and the ex-Calgary coach get to make unbiased? garbage decisions that they have to back up with subsequent worse decisions to ruin a game eh? only in the bs cfl!! g'night all!

Most of that was not on Glen Johnson; it came from the CNIB Offices at CFL HQ in Toronto, head blind dude Tom ("White cane") Higgins.

That's what I meant...Jake Ireland and TH (with no Calgary affiliation) in lala land in TO making pro-Calgary decisions that ruined the game efforts of our Lions who eventually got the message that they weren't going to be allowed to win no matter how hard they tried.