Who is coming back to the Lions Den?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who comes back in 2009?

Jamall Lee
14%
Stefan Logan
32%
Both
43%
Neither
11%

Total votes: 28
Rammer
Team Captain

Straight forward, you have seen/read/heard from the reports on both Jamall Lee and Stefan Logan, so who do you think is coming back this season to play for the Lions?
Entertainment value = an all time low
hwgill
Legend

Except it's Stefan, not Stephen.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
SammyGreene
Team Captain

I see them both in BC sooner rather than later.
The bigger question might be what exactly does Wally do with Lee given we heard they want to turn him into a receiver?
Sounds like a practice roster project but Wally thought he could do the same with Matt Carter as well?
Does he risk losing 2/3 of his 1st round draft picks by going such a route?
Rammer
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:I see them both in BC sooner rather than later.
The bigger question might be what exactly does Wally do with Lee given we heard they want to turn him into a receiver?
Sounds like a practice roster project but Wally thought he could do the same with Matt Carter as well?
I don't see Wally losing out on an NI that can run like the wind and has size, he will find a way to protect him. I also see both coming back, well before I expected either at the beginning of TC for the Lions. Nice to see the potential of the Lions getting some known additional help and an NI with huge upside.
David
Team Captain

I don't see them putting Jamall Lee on the practice roster. Either they sign him and discover an injury and put him on the IL, or he they sign him and immediately put him on the active roster. If the latter happens, I can see him playing special teams for the interim and taking Lyle Green's roster spot (I hope I'm wrong as I like Lyle a lot, but that's the way I see it shaking down).

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

CTV had an interview with Stefan Logan on their sports tonight. Logan admitted he's in tough to make the NFL and expressed a desire to rejoin the Lions if a deal can be worked out.
CartWheelFan
All Star

TheLionKing wrote:CTV had an interview with Stefan Logan on their sports tonight. Logan admitted he's in tough to make the NFL and expressed a desire to rejoin the Lions if a deal can be worked out.
I didn't see that report (yet) but I did get the impression last year from Logan that he understood what he had here ie a chance to play, and a fan base etc. I understand him wanting to go to the NFL, and I do not begrudge him for doing so, and of course would love to see him come back to the Lions!

I was at the pub earlier, and they just clicked over to Sportsnet for a moment, and they showed a picture of Cam Wake, and then there was some talking which of course I couldn't hear and then that was it. I miss anything important there?
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

WAKESBETTERTHANYOU is what was said :)
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Rodu
Champion

When Lee was drafted, the guys on TSN speculated that Lee's career would be spent as a receiver. Something to do with him running to upright and teams not being fond of NI RB and QB
The_Pauser
Legend

Rammer wrote:
I don't see Wally losing out on an NI that can run like the wind and has size, he will find a way to protect him. I also see both coming back, well before I expected either at the beginning of TC for the Lions. Nice to see the potential of the Lions getting some known additional help and an NI with huge upside.
Yeah, because Jamall Lee could make a good linebacker, right? I mean with a name like Jamal he's gotta be tough. And he's a good football player and knows the game well. :cheer: lol
Roar you Lions roar!
Rammer
Team Captain

The_Pauser wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Yeah, because Jamall Lee could make a good linebacker, right? I mean with a name like Jamal he's gotta be tough. And he's a good football player and knows the game well. :cheer: lol
If he moves to the SB position and gets reps, I won't be disappointed with it, even if it more of a TE position. His speed will be worked in if he can show improvement, like all football players under Wally's watch. Seems to have worked out fairly well over the course of his HC/GM tenures.
The_Pauser
Legend

Rammer wrote:
If he moves to the SB position and gets reps, I won't be disappointed with it, even if it more of a TE position. His speed will be worked in if he can show improvement, like all football players under Wally's watch. Seems to have worked out fairly well over the course of his HC/GM tenures.
Yeah, I'm just bitter about moving Harris to safety. I mean, these kids have talent at the RB spot, but just because they're Canadian they don't get the chance. It really iirks me.

Edit: You know what else really grinds my gears? The fact that YOU broke MY records in those 3 games. Guess I'ma have to get on that very shortly :beer:
Roar you Lions roar!
Rammer
Team Captain

The_Pauser wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Yeah, I'm just bitter about moving Harris to safety. I mean, these kids have talent at the RB spot, but just because they're Canadian they don't get the chance. It really iirks me.
Well if Logan does come back and Mallet continues his progress, it would be a difficult position for him to find room to start, as an NI safety he could find employment as a starter in a shorter period of time. That isn't to say that his versatility as a backup RB wouldn't also enhance his chances to make the roster as well.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin says Logan will get first-team reps on kick and punt returns in Saturday's preseason game in Washington. He's certainly getting a good look.
Tomlin says team committed to development of young players Saturday
MacNews
Team Captain

The_Pauser wrote:I mean, these kids have talent at the RB spot, but just because they're Canadian they don't get the chance.
Of course they have talent, no one is disputing that. But you have to realize that at the CFL level all of a sudden it is a different game. Harris is getting 300 yards a game in the CMJF, that is not a guarantee of future success in the CFL.

I bet you $5 that every player in the CFL was an all-star in their respective high-school/college/junior years..but the talent level increases dramatically when you enter the CFL.