PROOF the Lions don't cheat

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Dan Russell
Legend

zarquon wrote:
hutch wrote:Why don't the rider fans worry about what their team is doing? If you look at riderfans.com, almost all of their threads are about the Lions :? It's like a lionbackers2 over there. Talk about and worry about your own team! :sigh:
It is like they are the evil Lionbackers.com from the alternate universe on Star Trek. :lol:

Mind you we are the ones growing facial hair. hmmmm....
Yes the evil twin always had a mustache so maybe we are the evil ones. :twisted:
Vern Halen
Champion

Dan Russell wrote:
zarquon wrote:
hutch wrote:Why don't the rider fans worry about what their team is doing? If you look at riderfans.com, almost all of their threads are about the Lions :? It's like a lionbackers2 over there. Talk about and worry about your own team! :sigh:
It is like they are the evil Lionbackers.com from the alternate universe on Star Trek. :lol:

Yes the evil twin always had a mustache so maybe we are the evil ones. :twisted:
LOL - made me think of Evil Cartman
BC_Brad
prospect

They're obsessed with us. Nothing like looking at their site and seeing 3 topics (some even calling out our fans) right at the top of their discussion devoted entirely to the lions organization (yet not devoted to the game against us; just to the organization and its' fans). Then you come to this site and see topics that actually RELATE to this Sundays game and to the lions as a whole. The difference in classiness is astounding. I've only visited their site a few times throughout the season, usually just before they play us and it appeared to me that this has always been the case (several threads about us as an organization and us as fans; yet nothing about the game itself). Throw in the factor that they had Perry's hit on DD on their front page for 16 weeks of the season and it just looks like a classless online fan site.

Therefor, our job as Lionbackers is to demonstrate more class. Please don't post on their site, even if you don't see it as trolling (just as brining up counterarguments) they won't hear it because it's THEIR website. And let's discuss football at all times on this site!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Dan Russell wrote:
zarquon wrote:

Yes the evil twin always had a mustache...
Yeah, even Evil Uhura had a big ol' fu-manchu... ;)
...so maybe we are the evil ones. :twisted:
Mmmmmm, could beeeee... muwahahahahahahahahahaaaaa...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
stansz
Champion

ive been part of many forums online ....but this is the only one i visit now although i dont post nearly as much...i really like this site beacuse of the classiness....also blitz's pre game and post game posts are the best to read...not too mention that its small and has more of an intimate feel to it

yep best fan site bar none
pumped!!!
Dan Russell
Legend

BC_Brad wrote:
They're obsessed with us. Nothing like looking at their site and seeing 3 topics (some even calling out our fans) right at the top of their discussion devoted entirely to the lions organization (yet not devoted to the game against us; just to the organization and its' fans). Then you come to this site and see topics that actually RELATE to this Sundays game and to the lions as a whole. The difference in classiness is astounding. I've only visited their site a few times throughout the season, usually just before they play us and it appeared to me that this has always been the case (several threads about us as an organization and us as fans; yet nothing about the game itself). Throw in the factor that they had Perry's hit on DD on their front page for 16 weeks of the season and it just looks like a classless online fan site.

Therefor, our job as Lionbackers is to demonstrate more class. Please don't post on their site, even if you don't see it as trolling (just as brining up counterarguments) they won't hear it because it's THEIR website. And let's discuss football at all times on this site!
They are just trying to get their ducks in a row and get their excuses together.
Vern Halen
Champion

:wink: Be nice... :lol:
dokterew
prospect

Though I have no proof, what I heard at last years WDF one would be hard-pressed to come up with even a slightly reasonable explanation for the twangy high pitched crowd noise coming from the loudspeakers if it wasn't "canned" noise.

The thing that made it worse was the fact that it was loud enough as is with the crowd, why did they have to pump in the crowd noise it didn't make it any louder.

The more irritating thing is the loudmouth on the microphone that's needed to get the fans going.
Dan Russell
Legend

The thing that made it worse was the fact that it was loud enough as is with the crowd, why did they have to pump in the crowd noise it didn't make it any louder.
Finally a Rider fan coming to his senses. You don't need canned noise when the Crowd is tremendously loud. Fans that believe in canned noise give your head a shake. :no:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

dokterew wrote:Though I have no proof, what I heard at last years WDF one would be hard-pressed to come up with even a slightly reasonable explanation for the twangy high pitched crowd noise coming from the loudspeakers if it wasn't "canned" noise.
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... another grain-brain has to step in and start it all over again.

This has already been covered: an on-field announcer's mic being turned on can easily pick up existing crowd noise and feed it into the PA. While nobody can say for sure if that's what you heard in this instance, but it by far a more REASONABLE explanation than "canned noise". Ever notice the feedback any time a ref turns his mic on to announce a call?
Well if it didn't make it any louder, what's the problem?
(\__/)
dokterew
prospect

The point still is that in all likelihood, "canned" noise was used which is wrong. it was just dumb actually using it with 50,000 people there.

I kinda hope BC side is correct, it's just another black eye that this league does not need, I just have a tough time believing they weren't doing it based on what I heard with my own ears.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

dokterew wrote:The point still is that in all likelihood, "canned" noise was used which is wrong.
Did the league say it was? Were the Lions penalized for it? No?

How do you get "in all likelyhood"? Are you a sound engineer? Do you understand how acoustics work?
it was just dumb actually using it with 50,000 people there.
Maybe it's just dumb to THINK it was being used, when it's been repeatedly stated that it's not.
I kinda hope BC side is correct, it's just another black eye that this league does not need, I just have a tough time believing they weren't doing it based on what I heard with my own ears.
Your ears are faulty.

So, apparently, is your reading comprehension.
(\__/)
Dan Russell
Legend

dokterew wrote:The point still is that in all likelihood, "canned" noise was used which is wrong. it was just dumb actually using it with 50,000 people there.

Exactly so why would BC risk an penalty for something that will have no effect? ................... Exactly.
dokterew
prospect

Soundy wrote:
dokterew wrote:Though I have no proof, what I heard at last years WDF one would be hard-pressed to come up with even a slightly reasonable explanation for the twangy high pitched crowd noise coming from the loudspeakers if it wasn't "canned" noise.
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... another grain-brain has to step in and start it all over again.

This has already been covered: an on-field announcer's mic being turned on can easily pick up existing crowd noise and feed it into the PA. While nobody can say for sure if that's what you heard in this instance, but it by far a more REASONABLE explanation than "canned noise". Ever notice the feedback any time a ref turns his mic on to announce a call?
So a track of crowd noise through the loudspeakers and crowd-noise picked up by a microphone and amplified over the loudspeakers is COMPLETELY different? Now wondering who needs to give their head a shake. They're BOTH wrong.

The problem I have is not that WHA WHA it's why we lost, it's the fact that it's WRONG.

Hey, here's to a good game tomorrow :rockin:
Dan Russell
Legend

dokterew wrote:
Soundy wrote:

So a track of crowd noise through the loudspeakers and crowd-noise picked up by a microphone and amplified over the loudspeakers is COMPLETELY different? Now wondering who needs to give their head a shake. They're BOTH wrong.

The problem I have is not that WHA WHA it's why we lost, it's the fact that it's WRONG.

Hey, here's to a good game tomorrow :rockin:
Just saying it doesn't mean it happened. Until their is proof(which will never happen as it is false allegations) it never happened.