Watch out Lion Fans, Here comes Rider Pride!!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Jer Bear, you joined THIS site to troll, you just admitted that.

So how is that different? It's ok because Lions fans are stupid?
Jer Bear
Rookie

Let's just get this straight before we get any further, I for one enjoy when fans trash-talk back and forth before a big game. To me that is what Playoff time is all about, what is football without some good natured ribbing? If you want me banned from this site (which it seems to me like you do) PM a mod or something. I can't say that I'd be happy about it though, I enjoy posting here.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Jer Bear wrote:Let's just get this straight before we get any further, I for one enjoy when fans trash-talk back and forth before a big game. To me that is what Playoff time is all about, what is football without some good natured ribbing? If you want me banned from this site (which it seems to me like you do) PM a mod or something. I can't say that I'd be happy about it though, I enjoy posting here.
Ok. I'll PM myself right after I finish typing this up. Thanks for that advice, by the way, owe ya one. :thup:
joesports
All Star

Jer Bear wrote:First of all, I don't run RiderFans, I'm sorry you got banned but it really is beyond my control. I agree that RiderFans sometimes is a little too "trigger happy" with banning people, but you have to admit that some people have recently joined RiderFans to strictly troll, which I think is unacceptable. I have contributed respectfully to some topics on here, but as I said before, I do like to stir the pot sometimes. If I was banned from this site I would fully understand, but I am just trying to say that I am not strictly here just to troll.
Herein lies the difference:

Most posters here, with the exception of a few, are quite capable of having a good natured discussion. As fas as I can tell, "stirring the pot" on this site would probably not get you banned. Most of us here are more than willing to counter your "arguement" with what we probably deem more "realistic" than just some arbritary spew.

Frankly, I would not post on RF simply due to Ridergirls ability to ban people for no real good reason except that she disagrees with what is being said. For someone that supposedly lives in Vancouver(?) and as far as I can tell does not attend any games here, she has a fair amount of "pride" for her team. I have as much pride in my team as she does. Still, if I were a moderator, you have to be able to listen to both sides and act in a responsible matter. As well, editing someones post or commenting after a discussion has been closed is just a little too far.

I will state this again, I will lurk on anothers board but I would never post. I will admit that I do get a good laugh over at RF, the "blinders" are just too green. :wink:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Jer Bear wrote:First of all, I don't run RiderFans, I'm sorry you got banned but it really is beyond my control. I agree that RiderFans sometimes is a little too "trigger happy" with banning people, but you have to admit that some people have recently joined RiderFans to strictly troll, which I think is unacceptable. I have contributed respectfully to some topics on here, but as I said before, I do like to stir the pot sometimes. If I was banned from this site I would fully understand, but I am just trying to say that I am not strictly here just to troll.
I think a lot of people (not you specifically) toss the term "troll" around a bit too readily.

A "troll" is someone who makes inflammatory post - or more often, STARTS inflammatory threads - for the express purpose of stirring things up, of inciting a reaction, with no interest in actually fostering or participating in any kind of discussion.

Someone who has a strong opinion and is prepared to back it up is NOT a troll.

Responding to a troll does not automatically make one a troll.

Trash-talking is not trolling.

Jer Bear isn't a troll. Misguided, maybe... delusional, probably ;) ... but not a troll. He stands behind what he says, as ridiculous as it may be ;)

120chimp is a troll, here and abroad.

/rant
Last edited by Soundy on Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Luke
All Star

Solar Max wrote:CAUTION: RANT AHEAD!

A question for some of you:

Do you feel that attempting to cause hard feelings by posters on both sides of the fence actually accomplishes anything? Do you feel you can actually convince the other side (either one) to see your point of view?

If you give me the standard "I'm protecting the honour of my team" response, sorry but I call BS. The team doesn't need you to defend them, and if they did, you'd be wearing kidney pads and have two black eyes.

Fans have no way to back up BS the spew; they don't take to the field. The Players can talk trash, because they can back it up. If fans want to do that, do it in the pub, and make sure you can take what you dish.

Trolling on another team's Forum? That is beneath low.

/rant off.
I don't think I've been a troll there. I just find I read the website, and become pretty disenchanted with whats written. It doesn't feel as though there is room for honest or rational debate.

Particularly, when it comes to the Lions being 'dirty'. IMO, that was started by one opposing team player who provided no evidence to back up his claim, and has simply steamrolled downhill since. With the help of the media, certain GMs, and a couple really stupid plays on the part of Jimenez and Rasouli. Other than that, I find the 'dirty' charge to be completely false.
Luke
All Star

joesports wrote:
Herein lies the difference:

Most posters here, with the exception of a few, are quite capable of having a good natured discussion. As fas as I can tell, "stirring the pot" on this site would probably not get you banned. Most of us here are more than willing to counter your "arguement" with what we probably deem more "realistic" than just some arbritary spew.

Frankly, I would not post on RF simply due to Ridergirls ability to ban people for no real good reason except that she disagrees with what is being said. For someone that supposedly lives in Vancouver(?) and as far as I can tell does not attend any games here, she has a fair amount of "pride" for her team. I have as much pride in my team as she does. Still, if I were a moderator, you have to be able to listen to both sides and act in a responsible matter. As well, editing someones post or commenting after a discussion has been closed is just a little too far.

I will state this again, I will lurk on anothers board but I would never post. I will admit that I do get a good laugh over at RF, the "blinders" are just too green. :wink:
Agreed 100%. Gerry was just banned over there tonight because he questioned the civility of the debate ( a valid point), and the genuineness of their concern for DD when he was hurt (less valid, but I read some pretty insulting things about DD after that hit). I didn't Gerry deserved to be banned. There are Rider fans who post there who get away with far worse than what Gerry said.

Not that he cares, or that he needs me to stick up for him (I'm sure he doesn't), but I thought that was completely unfair.
Reider
Starter

Lock this *frig* piece of *poop* thread already for crying out loud.

It's an embarrassment to Lions fans, this site, and the league. THINK ABOUT IT.
Last edited by Reider on Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Real_Deal
Rookie

lion24 wrote:God Bless OUR Riders
Indeed.
this year is meant to be,
Hope so.
Austin is God,
Nope, he'll just have to settle for coach of the year.
Joseph is the clear cut MOP,
That is pretty much obvious at this point.
the Riders are Canada's team,
Again, pretty obvious.
Clermont is nothing compared to Fantuz,
I wouldn't go that far, but I don't think Andy takes a back seat to Jason at all, yet Andy is younger, doesn't have the injury history, and will only get better, whereas Clermont has peaked. I think this statement will be much more accurate shortly, possibly as soon as next season.
BC Place pumps in noise
Again, fairly obvious.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Reider wrote:Lock this *frig* piece of *poop* thread already for crying out loud.
Speaking of trolls...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Luke
All Star

Reider wrote:Lock this *frig* piece of *poop* thread already for crying out loud.

How so? We're not insulting anyone. We're having a pretty reasonable discussion about trolling, as far as I can tell. At least since Solar Max went on his little rant. Before that, we were anticipating the flood of Rider fans coming in here to tell us how bad we are, so we thought we'd get out in front of it. But, the discussion ended up happening at RiderFans.
Reider
Starter

The_Real_Deal wrote:
lion24 wrote:God Bless OUR Riders
Indeed.
this year is meant to be,
Hope so.
Austin is God,
Nope, he'll just have to settle for coach of the year.
Joseph is the clear cut MOP,
That is pretty much obvious at this point.
the Riders are Canada's team,
Again, pretty obvious.
Clermont is nothing compared to Fantuz,
I wouldn't go that far, but I don't think Andy takes a back seat to Jason at all, yet Andy is younger, doesn't have the injury history, and will only get better, whereas Clermont has peaked. I think this statement will be much more accurate shortly, possibly as soon as next season.
BC Place pumps in noise
Again, fairly obvious.

Quoted for truth. Good post.
Reider
Starter

Luke wrote:

How so? We're not insulting anyone. We're having a pretty reasonable discussion about trolling, as far as I can tell. At least since Solar Max went on his little rant. Before that, we were anticipating the flood of Rider fans coming in here to tell us how bad we are, so we thought we'd get out in front of it. But, the discussion ended up happening at RiderFans.
It's a troll thread. Read the OP!
LFITQ
Team Captain

Or perhaps it is an indication of the reputation that riderfans are getting League wide? Perhaps because it was even started in the first place, it says more about the riderfans than they want it to? Think about it. Things like this pop-up because there is possibly a thread of truth in them. Why is that every site I have gone to people comment on who is or isn't a "good" riderfan? I rarely if ever see it about any other team?

Just look at the differences in the sites themselves. Over at Riderfans all season long there were only 1 or two Lions fans, one being Rammer (who is probably the most neutral of Lions fans), over there all season long. Yet over here we kept getting inundated with Riderfan after riderfan. Even with the latest "pre-emptive" strike with some of the Lions fans signing up over there today, there are still more riderfan trolls here. And not a single one of them have been banned or even mentioned to be banned AFAIK.

My rule of thumb for chat forums:

If I am at a Lions site I am looking at it through Lions orange tinted glasses and my posts will show that.

If I am at a CFL site, I will look at each post through the red-tint of my CFL fan glasses - regardless of team. There will still be a slight Lions slant, but I think that can be accepted. On the whole I try and look at all things with the CFL in the front of my mind. As a fan of the whole league.

If I am at a fan site for one of the other teams, I try and put aside my Lions glasses and try and view it through the tint of that team. I am fully 100% expecting a HUGE bias when I go to a team specific site. If I went to a Team site and didn't find that, I would disappointed in those fans. At the same time, because I am at a Team specific site, I try to temper my posts to keep in mind to whom I am talking.

In my opinion, too many people go to Team specific sites expecting to see no bias. That ain't the case nor should it be.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Reider
Starter

lion24 wrote:I will start this before all the lunatics start coming over here and saying it.............God Bless OUR Riders, this year is meant to be, Austin is God, Joseph is the clear cut MOP, the Riders are Canada's team, Clermont is nothing compared to Fantuz, BC Place pumps in noise.................... :roll: :roll: :roll:
LIFTQ, did you read the OP? It's a troll thread from the very beginning. Anyways, it's useless to debate with you on this issue since like you said you view from a different perspective, so im going to go read some other threads now. Cheers.