Denis Leary is the MAN!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CartWheelFan
All Star

So I was just watching Rescue Me on Showcase, and I noticed that Denis Leary was wearing a BC Lions shirt. It was under his jacket so I couldn't see it too clearly, but the Lions logo was clearly visible, as well as an 06 underneath, so I am assuming it was a Lions Grey Cup Championship shirt. Anyways, just wanted to see if anyone else caught that. I thought it was kinda cool, I didn't know that Leary was a CFL fan. Anyone ever see him at a Lions game before?

A tie-in between my favourite TV show, and my favourite CFL team, could tonight get any better? haha

GO DENIS LEARY! :rockin:
hutch
Champion

Which episode was it? The one on tonight? I love that show and do my best to watch it every tuesday night. I heard that Artie Lange is guest appearing on it now.
nelson95
Legend

:rockin:
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Cool. Excellent show. I'll catch the rerun at 10 pm.
CartWheelFan
All Star

Yes, it was tonight's episode, I always try to watch the early one as I usually study late, but if I take a break @ 10, I sometimes don't get back to it haha.

Just be forewarned that you may see more of Artie Lange than you hope to ever see tonight haha
pigskinpatriot
Starter

Is there a Brett Anderson connection here ? he is IAFF ....? anyone?
"The C.F.L. will be dead in three years " My uncle , June, 1990 .
nelson95
Legend

good call
How about Carvetta?
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
pigskinpatriot
Starter

Yeah, I forgot about him too. There was a picture of Anderson holding the Grey Cup in an IAFF magazine a while back.....pretty damn cool any way you slice it though.
"The C.F.L. will be dead in three years " My uncle , June, 1990 .
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

CartWheelFan wrote:A tie-in between my favourite TV show, and my favourite CFL team, could tonight get any better? haha
Kind've like how one of my favourite shows is Arrested Development and Carl Weathers was on there for a few episodes.

nelson95
Legend

Weathers is classic on AD and the Old Spice commercials
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

I liked the black numbers on those orange unis.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

ThreeTimesOneMinusOne wrote:
CartWheelFan wrote:A tie-in between my favourite TV show, and my favourite CFL team, could tonight get any better? haha
Kind've like how one of my favourite shows is Arrested Development and Carl Weathers was on there for a few episodes.
Damn, I loved AD, but I have yet to see the last two episodes. I watched the first two seasons in its original run but missed most of the final third season after they switched it from Sunday to Monday night and it no longer fit my schedule. Luckily (somewhat), the CBC, in an unusual move for them, has been running the series on weekdays in its "entirety" since the start of 2007, having cycled through it three times already. But every time so far (in perhaps a more usual move for them), they have failed to run the penultimate episode, skipping it to air the series finale, which I refuse to watch -- due to the show's serial nature -- until I can view that missing episode.

I once spotted David Cross -- the actor in the above photo with CW -- several years ago before he landed the AD gig, on a shoot near the UBC entrance gates at Blanca & W10th. No idea what the project was.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Disturber
Champion

That white BC Lions shirt will appear again in Rescue Me in one of the next couple of episodes. I can't remember which one. A friend of mine in the USA taped them for me and I watched them at the beginning of the summer. I thought it was cool. I said to my wife, "hey, is Denis wearing a BC Lions shirt?"
She didn't really care that much. She's a hockey fan and thinks it's cool that Phil Esposito is the coach of the FDNY hockey team.
Go Lions!
nelson95
Legend

Leary close to Cam Neely thus Bruins

Funny a BoSox fan playing a NY fireman
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Almost as weird as a Cleveland Cavalier wearing a Yankees hat to the Jake.