We will win in Regina!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Balraj
All Star

Yes, I know that sounds like a pretty bold statement to make less than 24hours a loss like that but I'm remaining positive. This team is capable of beating any team in this league on any given day. It just matters as to what bc lions team wants to come out and play. Our team can come out in regina and do one of the following: 1.) play with a lack of intensity and motivation and run over by the riders, 2.) play with some intensity at times and at others continue to shoot yourself in the foot (like they did last night), or 3.) come out and play intense, hard hitting, smash mouth bc lions football and hand the riders a lose n have been ponder over excuses for the next 6 months. It's all up to the team as to which of the 3 options they wanna take. The coaches can only help prepare the players to play, but it's ultimately up to the players to execute and play with a high level of intensity. Wally mentioned this at halftime, the players were not playing with intensity and it was showing. I've noticed, as I'm sure many of you have over the course of the season, that when the lions don't play with intensity they tend to self destruct.
It's not like winning in riderville is impossible, yeah it's difficult in all but it can be done, it has been done, and it will be done if this bc lions team decides to come out n play some hard nosed football. Look at the lions last game against edmonton, nothing was going to deny the team of a victory and that sort of intensity was needed last night, but just didn't come out but it will need to be out come nov. 8.
This team just needs a kick in the butt once in a while. What happened after the montreal game, geroy n tyrone got into a bit of fight in practice, n that caused the lions to play with some intensity and urgency. No one is giving us a chance against the riders. The TSN panel sure doesn't think we got a chance, glen suitor doesn't think we stand a chance, the rider fans sure as hell don't think we stand a chance. You know if the lions win this game n that they will go into calgary with a huge chip on their shoulders n with something to prove. How sweet would a playoff win in regina be? even sweeter that a win over them in bc place! mark my words..........we will come out of regina with a W.
Vern Halen
Champion

While I wish the Lions all the luck, there are few more factors to consider.

1. Mosaic Stadium. If the Lions thought it was hostile in mid-season, wait til Saturday. There's going to be 30,000 screaming fans to make life miserable. Chris Cuthbert has stated that Mosaic is the loudest field in the CFL, hands down. Now as long as we don't have the beer throwing idiots this time out (they can get their asses thrown out of Mosaic for good as far as I'm concerned), we'll be good on that front. Wally has stated (I beleive) that Mosaic is his least favorite place to play in the CFL.

2. Rest. The Riders have the advantage of two extra days rest and preparation time - this could also be a factor - Will Buck be back to 100% by game time?

3. Weather. Right now the forecast for Saturday is Windy and cold with periods of snow mixing with rain and winds from the SE at 38 gusting to 62. From the SE means it's blowing straight down the field from right to left as you see it on TV. The Riders have the upper hand here as they are more used to playing in these conditions. The last "Wind Bowl" ended up as a 55-9 thrashing of the Eskimos if you'll recall.

That being said there are a few more questions:

Can Michael Bishop be effective? His QB rating is the worst of the 6 starting QB's in the playoffs.

Can guys like Flick, Dominguez, Fantuz and Cates continue to come back from injuries? Fantuz and Cates look to me to be the most game ready, but Flick still had a little rust.

Which Lions team is going to show up? Is it going to be Balraj's team 1, 2 or 3? If it's 3 - look out - we're going to have one WSF that'll be talked about for ages.

Don't forget - the Riders are capable of self-destructing as well....but I would have to say a good portion of the game plan for both teams will be dictated by the weather if the forecast holds up.

GOOD LUCK LIONS but GO RIDERS! :beer: