ATTENDANCE THREAD FOR WESTERN FINAL

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

I don't know how many of you caught the Oregon/Arizona game on ESPN last night with Arizona upsetting #2 Oregon, but I thought the comments from the fine PxP man Chris Fowler re attendance were interesting. Arizona Stadium holds 57,803. Announced attendance was 50,387. Pretty good, we would think. Fowler commented that the game was not a complete sell out and that while the student body had "gotten behind" the team, the city of Tuscon hadn't and that it was about time that they did (he was implying) because the Wildcats are a good team and deserve it.

I think the same should hold true here. 51,000 (to date) in a 59+K bulding is great, but the Lions are a darned good team and deserve a sell out and the city of Vancouver and surrounding environs should "get behind" the Lions and deliver.

I know: preaching to the choir, but....
chimpy

Ticket sales look like they are going very steady, but not as fast as i thought they would, we have to hit over 53,000 tonight to have a chance to sell it out.
chimpy

BEEECEEE Any update at all are we over 52,000 yet?
BEEECEEE
All Star

Formely sfu_guy
BiggestLionsFaninCalgary
prospect

haha this thread makes me laugh....I read it every day.

There is basically nothing in here but updates and everyone's hopes and dreams that the game sells out.

Trust me, there is nothing more that I want than for you guys to sell that place out. I am extremely jealous of all you who are going to the game. It will be one hell of a good time.

Living in Sask. west, I can't wait to shut these Riders fans up here. Some people even wore their jerseys downtown to work today...
Keep your head up...
BEEECEEE
All Star

cknw just annouced 51,500 haha bang on again.
Formely sfu_guy
120dB
Legend

Just announced that Jimenez is playing through the Grey Cup so this should seriously boost ticket sales now...

Jimenez will be in the house!
J5V

Based on what looks to be left for sale I'm wondering if the Lions' are understating the ticket sold count so people who haven't bought yet will not get the idea thats there is nothing left.

Or, 7-11 tickets are not being counted in the number sold amount.

BC Place has 59,500 seats. If 51,500 are sold and based on where "best available " tickets are I'm not sure how there is still 8,000 seats left. :?
120dB
Legend

Section 25 is now filling up !
BEEECEEE
All Star

J5V wrote:Based on what looks to be left for sale I'm wondering if the Lions' are understating the ticket sold count so people who haven't bought yet will not get the idea thats there is nothing left.

BC Place has 59,500 seats. If 51,500 are sold and based on where "best available " tickets are I'm not sure how there is still 8,000 seats left. :?
They have not sold the entire west or east endzone yet. There trying to make it even on both sides. The side with the clock probably still has some left, but they will go tomorrow.
Formely sfu_guy
Rammer
Team Captain

J5V wrote:Based on what looks to be left for sale I'm wondering if the Lions' are understating the ticket sold count so people who haven't bought yet will not get the idea thats there is nothing left.

It would be wise of them to do so, so people just don't think that by the time they attempt to get tickets BC Place will be soldout. If you estimate about 500 seats per section, and the best seat available, it appears to be fuller than what is being reported. Best case is for it to sellout and they can bust that out over the news.
Entertainment value = an all time low
almo89
Legend

I hope they send those 7-11 tickets back to ticketmaster. I never liked them since they changed to 7-11.
120dB
Legend

also remember that once they get up to 55,000 it's mostly just singles spread all over the building; remember that is a huge stadium, the roof covers 10 acres, so 4000 empty blue seats all sprinkled over an area that large you'd hardly notice
BEEECEEE
All Star

120dB wrote:also remember that once they get up to 55,000 it's mostly just singles spread all over the building; remember that is a huge stadium, the roof covers 10 acres, so 4000 empty blue seats all sprinkled over an area that large you'd hardly notice
no its not, remember '04 we had 55,000 and half the sections on the screen sides were unoccupied.
Formely sfu_guy
almo89
Legend

BEEECEEE wrote:
120dB wrote:also remember that once they get up to 55,000 it's mostly just singles spread all over the building; remember that is a huge stadium, the roof covers 10 acres, so 4000 empty blue seats all sprinkled over an area that large you'd hardly notice
no its not, remember '04 we had 55,000 and half the sections on the screen sides were unoccupied.
Yeah I remember patches of blue mainly in the east endzone.