Official 2007 Seattle Seahawks Season Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Man what a horrible end to today's game. It should have been Josh Brown kicking that game winning field goal, not Neil Rackers. The 'Hawks really didn't deserve to win this game anyway with the way they fell behind so early. Tough game next week against the Bengals.
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

Poor result last week against the cardinals. Lets hope we can put in a good performance on sunday against the Bengals! 12th man! Go Seahawks!!!!
Lets Go Lions!
nelson95
Legend

Go Gals
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

wish I was going to this game...Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson in the house
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Great comeback win by the Seahawks this afternoon in an ending similar to yesterday's Lions game. After the Cincinnati Bengals take a late lead, Matt Hasselbeck finds Nate Burleson with a 22-yard TD pass. The Seahawks then force a fumble for a 24-21 win.

notahomer
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Great comeback win by the Seahawks this afternoon in an ending similar to yesterday's Lions game. After the Cincinnati Bengals take a late lead, Matt Hasselbeck finds Nate Burleson with a 22-yard TD pass. The Seahawks then force a fumble for a 24-21 win.
Thats what I was thinking too (similiar ending to yesterdays Lions game). I'm not so sure this is going to be a good season for Seattle, they just seem kinda average. Good teams do find ways to win, which they did today.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Man, Sunday was just awesome, one of the best days of my life, no exaggeration either, I had so much fun I didn't know what to do with myself.

I went over to Victoria on Saturday afternoon to visit my Dad since him and I were doing a bus tour down to Seattle for the game. After watching the UFC PPV on Saturday night, we went to bed around 11, I was too excited to sleep so I tossed and turned for about an hour and a half before finally going to sleep. The bus we were taking left at 5:50 to catch the 7am ferry and we had to be there no later than 5:45 for roll call so we needed to be up around 4:30. I rolled out of bed around 4:15, looked at the time and figured it wasn't worth it to try and sleep for the extra half hour so I got up and looked online to see if there were any last minute lineup decisions to make for my various fantasy teams. In my main league I was starting Anquan Boldin and Marques Colston at WR and was left to decide between a few others for the WR3 spot. Darrell Jackson was nursing a sore back all last week and I thought the game we were going to that afternoon had the chance to be a barn-burner so I opted to go with Nate Burleson instead and sat Jackson.

We got to the bus on time and it was packed, so many people, tons of guys all ready to have a good time, a lot of Bengal fans as well so it was pretty fun driving down and just taunting eachother. (all good natured though). The ferry was rather uneventful and the fun didn't really pick up until we got to Vancouver. We had a couple of pickups in Delta before we went to the border and it was PACKED when we got there of people going down to shop with the new "a buck is a buck" era of Canadian currency. Once we finished up with the border guards, we hauled ass to Seattle making great time considering how long we waited. We were supposed to arrive in Seattle at 11:45, instead we got there at 12:30.

I stopped to buy a new Seahawks hat at one of the stores directly across the street from Qwest Field. The lineup getting into the stadium seemed about as long as the lineup of cars at the border, it was insane. We missed the opening kickoff which sucked and when we were climbing the stairs to the 300 level heard the roar of the crowd which was a pretty clear indication that Seattle had scored. CRAP!

Sure enough, when we got to our seats in Section 304, the scoreboard read 7-0 Seattle. That was the only low-light of the day however. Our seats were terrific. They were right along the 5 yard line/goal line area and almost seemed to curve towards the back of the stadium so you were looking at the field on an angle. Hard to describe. The view was fantastic, you could see each and every play develop, watch coverages, blocking schemes, routes, etc. even if the play was at the other end of the stadium. The atmosphere was nothing short of spectacular. I've sat in three different parts of Qwest Field from the 100 level in the far endzone to the 'Hawks Nest and this was by far the best experience. On defence, everybody was on their feet making noise that you'd only experience in a playoff game in Vancouver by comparison, and even then it was still louder! (wish we could get BC Place that cranked up on a more consistent basis) It was pretty clear that the real fans were up there and we were part of it. For once it didn't seem inappropriate to be standing for extended periods of time nor did it seem frowned upon to scream at the top of your lungs for 5 minute durations. Everybody was all there for the same reason! Awesome!

The game was great too, really tense and nailbiting. Nate Burleson picked up a few yards here and there but nothing earth-shattering and I was nervous. He dropped one ball in the endzone that looked for sure to be a TD, then had another one get away from him when he got behind coverage...if that pass was completed he'd still be running! I was kicking myself for putting him into the lineup by the 3rd quarter.

With Seattle down by 4 with a little over 2 minutes to go they needed a TD. Cincy booted the ball out of bounds on the kickoff after they scored the go-ahead TD to make it 21-17 (they failed two point convert) which gave Seattle great field position at the 40 to start what appeared to be their final drive of the game. They picked up a couple of first downs but then found themselves 4th-and-1 with the clock ticking. It was clear by the way their defence had played up to that point that punting the ball and hoping to regain possession with a defensive stop was out of the question so they needed to go for it. The gave the ball to Shaun Alexander who rumbled for 14 yards, FIRST DOWN!!!! The very next play, with the clock continuing to tick away and a little over a minute to go, the ball was snapped, we watched Deion Branch head upfield on the sideline closest to us and then saw Nate Burleson get behind his defender and start heading towards the end zone. Hasselbeck tossed the ball his way, I was praying the whole time the ball was in the air, and then the ball just slipped perfectly in front of Burleson who hauled in the pass and picked up the remaining frew yards for the go-ahead TD!! Qwest Field was going mental and so was I! Not only did the Seahawks now have the lead with a minute to go, but the guy that I just put into my lineup was the man who just put 6 points on the board!!

On the ensuing kickoff, while the Bengals were attempting to gain some yardage on the return, the ballcarrier was nailed and fumbled, Seattle recovered and the celebration began! A few plays later and a first down gave Matt Hasselbeck the chance to kneel down a couple of times and put the Seahawks in a first place tie with the 49ers at 2-1 to start the year!

From there it was back to Vancouver. We had to corral everybody into the bus and get going as soon as humanly possible because if we missed our 9pm ferry we'd have to take the ferry to Duke Point and then drive home from Nanaimo which would mean getting home at 3am instead of 11:30. The wait at the border was even longer, we waited for an hour and our chances of getting the 9 looked bleak.

Once through the border at 8:05 we all started cheering on our bus drirver, chanting his name and willing him to drive faster, pass that car, make that green light, etc. We had our first drop-off and we were screaming "get off the bus, hurry, run, jump, don't stop, just slow down and let them jump out!!!" Everybody frantically looking at their watches and praying we made it. 8:20 our first drop off happened. Then the chants and cheers began again! "Phil, Phil, Phil, Phil!!!"

Our next drop off was around 8:30, and again more of the same but even more panicked "HURRY!!!! GET OFF THE BUS!!! RUNNNNN!!!!!!"

Now it was just Phil vs. The Clock. "GO PHIL! IT'S ALL YOU BUDDY!" He was just HAULING ASS once he got onto the highway in Delta, 8:35, 8:40..."make the light!!! Go Phil!!! HOLD THE FERRY WE'RE COMING!" We pulled into the terminal at 8:45 and the bus was dead silent, I'm sure several silent prayers being said. We waited at the ticket booth for what seemed like an eternity and all of us were worried that we had come so far and were so close to getting the ferry.

We drove past the ticket booth and into the vehicle waiting area and a few sporadic cheers popped up but most people were still nervously crossing their fingers. Then Phil gets on the intercom, "We're going to Duke Point!" Shocked faces everywhere and then a chorus of venomous "BOOOOOOOOOO's" filled the bus...and then just as suddenly as he told us that and we responded..."JUST KIDDING!" "YEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! PHIL! PHIL! PHIL! PHIL!" If anybody else was watching this from outside you'd think that the Seahawks had just scored another TD.

As we waited in line for the ferry, somebody started passing around a hat for tips, Phil made out like a bandit, by the time it got to the front of the bus it was almost overflowing with bills. If there was anything less than $200 in that thing I'd be shocked.

Great friggin' day! I have absolutely no voice left.

Here's a couple of pics:

This was the view we had from our seats.

A really crappy pic of your's truly.
nelson95
Legend

My nose is bleeding

Will be hitting the 49ers MNF game on Nov 12. FHA paying for my trip down(conference). This is a go since I'm 100% confident the Lions won't be playing on Nov 11th.

Go niners!!
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Yesterday was a bland day for NFL football. I thought the Seahawks/49ers game would be better than it was. Smith injured, Dilfer rusty and thats your ballgame.

Seahawks played okay but the broadcast crew nailed it when they kept talking about how the Hawks were letting the Niners stay in a game that should have been over. This Seahawks team has to get better at putting teams away. Leaving teams in games will come back to haunt you over the course of a season. It just seems the Hawks are playing just a bit better than their opponents. May get you in the playoffs but you ain't playing in the Superbowl.
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

Man the Hawks defense owned yesterday!!! Rocky Bernard took out Alex Smith, 3 sacks for Julian Peterson, a forced fumble from Lofa. Hasselbeck played great too.
Lets Go Lions!
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Great Pictures!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
nelson95
Legend

Dilfer was AWFUL, makes Alex Smith look good
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Scottish Leos Fan wrote:Man the Hawks defense owned yesterday!!! Rocky Bernard took out Alex Smith, 3 sacks for Julian Peterson, a forced fumble from Lofa. Hasselbeck played great too.
I'm not slagging the defense. Its just when your defense does its job, you as an offence got to put points on the board. Leaving teams in games by not scoring points is not something you'll get away with playing playoff caliber teams.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Todays game against the Steelers is a good example of what I mean about this seasons Seahawks. Your defense has a good first half but due to their smaller size, the amount of time they are on the field due to an underperforming offence, makes this a walk for the Steelers in the 2nd half. The Seahawks just seem to be able to be shut down on offence and it gets them eventually on defence too. I just don't see this team doing anything once (IF?) they make the playoffs.
nelson95
Legend

Maybe now all the talk about the Seattle Seahawks getting robbed by the refs in Super Bowl XL will stop. Yeah, one game has nothing to do with another, but after the Pittsburgh Steelers spanked Seattle 21-0 without its top two receivers (Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes), a Pro Bowl safety (Troy Polamalu) and a Pro Bowl nose tackle (Casey Hampton), it's time for the Seahawks and their fans to let it go.

stolen from Yahoo
Give the ball to LeeRoy!