Riders 35 Lions 14 Post Game Comments and Stats

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

http://cfl.ca/statistics/statsGame/id/10693

Didn't expect the Lions to win and they disappoint. We play the Riders again in 3 weeks and I don't expect any different results.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:http://cfl.ca/statistics/statsGame/id/10693

Didn't expect the Lions to win and they disappoint. We play the Riders again in 3 weeks and I don't expect any different results.
Fairweather Leo's probably hold on the to ball a little more. :yahoo:
aklawitter
All Star

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The Riders are singing post game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V9v94cPXak
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
David
Team Captain

Any positives from this game? I know there weren't many of them.

The play of Bighill and Elimimian?
The play of Moore, who's been our smoothest receiver this year?
Logan's kick returns? (27.4 yard average)
The fact the O-line only gave up 1 sack?

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

DeMarco has regressed since his 2 wins. I agree, time to put in Elliot or Buck. Moj and Farhan just mentioning how Thomas has regressed.
Bosco
Team Captain

I'm trying to figure out if Benny left DeMarco in the game to torture him, or the Lions fans. :dizzy:
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:Any positives from this game? I know there weren't many of them.

The play of Bighill and Elimimian?
The play of Moore, who's been our smoothest receiver this year?
Logan's kick returns? (27.4 yard average)
The fact the O-line only gave up 1 sack?

DH :cool:
DeMarco was able to avoid the sacks all by himself, he just threw the ball downfield.

Bighill was a demon for about 10 minutes, Elimimian for about the same plus a couple of blips on the radar screen.

Lions are in the playoffs.... :juggle:

Lions can't play much worse and if you are going to win one, I would much rather it be the next game against the Riders.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Rammer
Team Captain

Just catching up on this game, but I didn't like the way Harris exploded his enthusiasm on his late first down at the Lions bench. To me that isn't what he should be doing, it says more of an in your face to the coaching staff.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
Lions can't play much worse and if you are going to win one, I would much rather it be the next game against the Riders.
That's the biggest positive from this game. The final two regular-season games mean nothing. The Lions can use the next three weeks to prepare for the WSF.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

They can have 3 months to prepare for WSF and we will see the same old predictable playcalling. I just don't have any faith in the current coaching staff.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:They can have 3 months to prepare for WSF and we will see the same old predictable playcalling. I just don't have any faith in the current coaching staff.
When have you seen a team play Monday afternoon, then come back and beat a team Friday night after that team had a week to prepare for the match? Probably never in the CFL, but it is alot easier if the rested team uses its same plays that a short week team doesn't have to prep after playing them two weeks previously.

The problem for me is that this isn't a new thing, it is a constant problem with the schemes and execution, just a shabby looking team at this stage of the season.
prj
Starter

The better-coached team won today.

Like last week.

The Lions have regressed since Wally went upstairs. He has earned his time away from the sidelines. Benny has not worked out.

Say it. See it.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

DeMarco, Arceneaux, Taylor=horrible.

Harris made the best of his 6 touches.

Logan looked ok.

O line only gave up 1 sack but DeMarco had very little time in the pocket, did not look off receivers and threw to guys who were covered.

Of course there were no screen passes, no roll outs or moving the pocket. Are you kidding me?

O looked even worse than the game against the Argos when they were unable to score any TDs.

Does anyone know why Buck never got into the game?

The Lions should be handing out barf bags at the next game.

The D came to play but what is the point when the O is that bad?

If they hand out a game ball to the O it should be one with no air in it and it should go to the waterboy.

I went out to a bar after the game wearing my Lions jersey and someone asked me what the score was. My reply was all you need to know is that the Lions gave up 8 TURNOVERS and it would have been 10 but 2 were nullified by penalties and one of the turnovers that went for a TD that was called back was a phantom hit on DeMarco and should not have been a penalty!
aklawitter
All Star

Logan showed that he can still make a bad O-Line look decent.

Harris is being set up for failure. Coaches trying to send a message? Do it with your off-season cuts, not in a virtual must-win game. The best playmakers should always be given the ball.

Durant: "Teams don't want to come here [to Regina] to play" 13 of 29 for 187yds w/ 1td and a pick, stfu