Game Day Thread, TiCats @ Lions, July 6, 2012

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Hamilton is the one team the Lions have had trouble beating lately. 0 and 2 last year.

Jon Hameister-Ries says he will play despite maintenance days this week.

I hope our Lions can get in Burris's face early and often. He can be thrown off his game.

http://www.thespec.com/sports/ticats/ar ... gainst-b-c
Markeith Knowlton and Dave Stala have been a big part of whatever success the Hamilton Ticats have achieved the past three Canadian Football League seasons, so it’s hardly surprising that, after last week’s drubbing in the season opener, the team will turn to them for a much-needed boost.

Linebacker Knowlton, the CFL’s most outstanding defensive player just two seasons ago, will return to his familiar spot on the strong side, replacing Canadian Kevin Eiben. To make the ratio work, the team has added non-import receiver Stala to the first unit where he’ll play alongside fellow Canucks Andy Fantuz and Sam Giguère.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/foot ... story.html

Some good videos. Mike Beamish, Iain McIntyre preview the Lions - TiCats game. Carl Hairston is featured.
David
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/foot ... story.html

Some good videos. Mike Beamish, Iain McIntyre preview the Lions - TiCats game. Carl Hairston is featured.
Thanks for the link WCJ. This is an excellent video feature piece. Kudos to the Sun for putting this together!

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Intriguing match up tonight... Burris looked great in preseason and I would have expected the TiCats to roll over the Riders last week, not the other way around. The Lions on the other hand did not dominate Winnipeg as much as I would have expected. Special teams was a cause for concern, and I think Geroy's record may have been a bit of a distraction for the offense. Hopefully with that behind them, we will see a more focused attack. The Lions defense played well last week, and they should be able to win this game by themselves if they can rattle Burris.
Rammer
Team Captain

Both teams have changed HC's, so what happened in the past will stay in the past. Knowlton was in chase position all last game, moving him back to the strong side LB will eliminate that exploitation that the Riders targeted. These two teams were selected by most on the CFL TSN panel to meet in the GC, that should be a good motivator for both sides to attempt to establish an upper hand towards that goal. Great for the fans, should make this the game of the weekend.
Entertainment value = an all time low
MikeAK
All Star

Looking forward to tonight's game. Tried to get over to see it live but ferry sched was an issue. Have to settle for glorious HD instead.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Going to be great watching the game under the stars. Hamilton won't be a pushover. Lions need to bring their A game and stop their new running back
notahomer
Hall of Famer

The Hamilton @ BC game seems to be one that happens early in schedule, IIRC. Other teams seem to float, here or there but this battle of the felines (NO, not Felions!) usually occurs the first few weeks. At first when I got my season tickets, it seemed like that was a game I knew that even if the Lions struggle to start by the end of the game, it would be a solid Lions victory. Those days are long gone. Now it seems like the Ticats do well against the Leos. Hopefully that turns around tonight. Its such a football cliche but I think it applies even more than usual tonight. Get pressure by winning the LOScrimmage and hopefully Burris the BUmbler makes a starring appearance. The calm, relaxed, funny, joking Burris probably means a long night for Stubler and the Lions D. I have faith our D-line will cause Burris to make some choices he regrets later.

As far as the Lions offence, I guess we'll see. You hope that now the record is out of the way, other things will take over.

Special teams? Gets you worried sure. That long (called back)TD on the BOmber onside kick was nasty. Then again as a fan who wondered "Oh well" everytime our kicker trotted out onto the field (during the Post-Lui and PrePaul days). It sure is nice to see a robokicker trot out onto the field to punch another field goal through. Money McCallum is a pleasure to watch, I just wish he'd have to kick more extra points :wink:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

What I am looking for in this one is the secondary to come up big. This is a very talented and experienced group. Had they not had the dropsies last week, they could have had 3 interceptions against the Bombers easy. Burris is going to be throwing today you can be sure and his accuracy hasn't been the greatest for the last couple of seasons. Making him pay for him and his receivers miscues is going to be very important if we are to win this game.

They seem to have a runner. Lets see if we can shut him down tonight and force Burris to go to the pass. If that happens and the secondary plays up to it's potential, then I think we win this game. Stopping the run will be a very important test of the Linebackers.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Disturber
Champion

The D sure didn't look good on that play
Go Lions!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Smilin' Hank loves beating our Leos

Now that how you burn the blitz
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
kenny
Champion

Disturber wrote:The D sure didn't look good on that play
Davis Sanchez like tackling.....but man did Walker make our secondary look slow. He was flying.
Disturber
Champion

OK, let's punch one in
Go Lions!
Disturber
Champion

TD :beer:
Go Lions!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Man, Gore with lightening reflex, made that look easy :yahoo:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis