The Most-Watched CFL Video On YouTube....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

It's not "This Is Our League," not Grey Cup highlights, a tribute to Bob Ackles or Ron Lancaster. Not even some of Warren Moon or Joe Theismann's CFL exploits. Nope. It's former Argo QB Kerwin Bell spiking the football and hitting himself in the plums. :)

This YouTube clip has been viewed an astounding 1.1 million times, about 12x more often than the 2nd most viewed CFL clip.

[youtube][/youtube]

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Now 1 million, 1 hundred thousand and 1

Priceless. The purrfect metaphor for what is was like watching KB play. Just plain ugly.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
D
Team Captain

ahhhhh. the Argo bounce in action
I own The Grey Cup! .com
zark
Champion

I remember that. They played it over and over again. I think that's Hall of Fame Material. He certainly wont be known for anything else. Why not that?
It's alot more fun than showing the Theisman "break" over and over again.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

D wrote:ahhhhh. the Argo bounce in action
This whole thing is just nuts. Imagine having the balls to watch this? Whose boys would do that? Then again, it's like a car wreck, nard to ignore...you just have to look for the berries in that bush.

Frank and beans for supper...again.
David
Team Captain

SM, you're testies my patience! :wag:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

David wrote:SM, you're testies my patience! :wag:

DH 8)
What was that? I was watching "Gonads with the Wind" starring and Clark Graples and missed it.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

David wrote:It's not "This Is Our League," not Grey Cup highlights, a tribute to Bob Ackles or Ron Lancaster. Not even some of Warren Moon or Joe Theismann's CFL exploits. Nope. It's former Argo QB Kerwin Bell spiking the football and hitting himself in the plums. :)

This YouTube clip has been viewed an astounding 1.1 million times, about 12x more often than the 2nd most viewed CFL clip.
Was that Juran Bolden for Winnipeg shoving Bell on the spike?

Some of KB's players at Jacksonville University, where he currently coaches, are evidently among the 1.1 million, having made up a dance based on his misfortune:

[youtube][/youtube]
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

sj-roc wrote:
David wrote:It's not "This Is Our League," not Grey Cup highlights, a tribute to Bob Ackles or Ron Lancaster. Not even some of Warren Moon or Joe Theismann's CFL exploits. Nope. It's former Argo QB Kerwin Bell spiking the football and hitting himself in the plums. :)

Was that Juran Bolden for Winnipeg shoving Bell on the spike?

Some of KB's players at Jacksonville University, where he currently coaches, are evidently among the 1.1 million, having made up a dance based on his misfortune:

[youtube][/youtube]
A 9-3 record as coach this year though I have no idea what kind of competition or what level JU plays at. Maybe he's on the Argos' short list.
Rids
Rookie

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:A 9-3 record as coach this year though I have no idea what kind of competition or what level JU plays at. Maybe he's on the Argos' short list.
Amazingly enough he hasn't been tagged to the Argos list yet although they did mention that their next three targets... candidates... are all currently working the US.

Jacksonville U is a NCAA Div 1AA school that won the Pioneer Conference this past season. Only conference loss came to Davidson by 3. Odd conference though with Jacksonville and San Diego both in it. Lots of travel! They finished with a 9-4 record when you include the post season loss to Albany when they couldn't stop a running back by the name of Darren McCarty who scored 4 TDs (33 carries for 271 yards!). Just some background on the guys there.
www.JessicaRidley.com << my country singing wife
Ravi
Legend

Rids wrote:
Coast Mountain Lion wrote:A 9-3 record as coach this year though I have no idea what kind of competition or what level JU plays at. Maybe he's on the Argos' short list.
Amazingly enough he hasn't been tagged to the Argos list yet although they did mention that their next three targets... candidates... are all currently working the US.

Jacksonville U is a NCAA Div 1AA school that won the Pioneer Conference this past season. Only conference loss came to Davidson by 3. Odd conference though with Jacksonville and San Diego both in it. Lots of travel! They finished with a 9-4 record when you include the post season loss to Albany when they couldn't stop a running back by the name of Darren McCarty who scored 4 TDs (33 carries for 271 yards!). Just some background on the guys there.
My guess is that as long as Pinball is the CEO of the Argos, Kerwin Bell will never be employed by that franchise again.
Dan Russell
Legend

That was the best throw Bell ever had. :lol: