Lions Release Jason Clermont

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Ilikefootball
prospect

...to be made official Thursday.
Wakefan
prospect

Really? How did you find out?
prairielion
Starter

Please say it ain't so. I guess I'll believe it when it is official. I never saw that one coming.....if it is true. :thdn: :no: :sigh:
Still in Riderville, hating the Riders!
MacNews
Team Captain

You and what source?
Bosco
Team Captain

:shock: :no: Holy crow! What a shock! Talk about a move that few people would have ever seen coming.

At quick thought - perhaps Wally felt that Jason had lost a step, or was getting too banged up to be as effective as he was prior to this season?

By moving PJ inside, he will see more action, but it is still a huge move by the Lions.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

WOW... and guess who is the one player front and centre in their 2009 season ticket ads including today's paper?

Nice marketing blunder .... at least Wally could have piped up sooner about what he was considering doing.

I know Paris Jackson looked good playing in the slot and perhaps that is what Wally is thinking but we are also talking about one of the Lions all-time greats and a very popular player. I just don't see any kind of positive spin in this one.

Thanks for many great years LION82 and I hope you sign with the Riders and make a killing off it with your real estate career.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

if jason latches onto any other team and continues to produce, wally gonna have some splainin to do to season tickets holders.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
David
Team Captain

Wow. I am in shock.

When I saw the thread, I thought it was some kind of bad joke. That is, until I read the story. My first reaction: if the club was going to part ways, could we not have traded Jason given the dearth of Canadian receivers on this team?

Kudos to Blitz who was quite vocal about Paris Jackson being more effective in the SB position for this offense (an opinion obviously shared by Wally Buono in the Province story), but I still think Jason was a hugely valuable player given his toughness and leadership. He took some hellacious hits for his team.

Thank you Jason for your 7 exceptional years of service as a B.C. Lion. You always handled yourself with a great deal of class and you were my favourite media interview. You will be greatly missed.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:Wow. I am in shock.

When I saw the thread, I thought it was some kind of bad joke. That is, until I read the story. My first reaction: if the club was going to part ways, could we not have traded Jason given the dearth of Canadian receivers on this team?

Kudos to Blitz who was quite vocal about Paris Jackson being more effective in the SB position for this offence (an opinion obviously shared by Wally Buono in the Province story), but I still think Jason was a hugely valuable player given his toughness and leadership. He took some hellacious hits for his team.

Thank you Jason for your 7 years of service as a B.C. Lion. You always handled yourself with a great deal of class and you were my favourite media interview. You will be greatly missed.

DH 8)
Looks to me like it was SMS driven and you know that Wally doesn't want players that aren't living up to their salary around. JC is a heart and soul type of player, giving his all to the team cost him his job in the long run I suspect. Playing injured didn't allow him to be the bruising SB that we have known in the past, plus held him from playing enough games to even out his SMS share. Sadly he is no longer a Lion, best of luck to you Mr. Clermont, take it easy on us in the future. :thup: :beer:
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Wow, didn't see this one coming ! Anybody want to buy a Jason Clermont jersey ? :sigh:
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Wow, didn't see this one coming ! Anybody want to buy a Jason Clermont jersey ? :sigh:
About 30,000 people with Green uniforms, does that help you? :)
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Wow, didn't see this one coming ! Anybody want to buy a Jason Clermont jersey ? :sigh:
I dont know if you serious, but why would anyone get rid of a jersey just because the player is gone?

Personally, I would love a brand new official Fernandez or Doug Flutie jersey. As well as a few others.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
MacNews
Team Captain

So now we have Simon, Jackson, Rodgers, Wilson and...

IMO our receiving corps is not very strong now. This means a lot more reps for Rodgers and Wilson.
Rammer
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
I dont know if you serious, but why would anyone get rid of a jersey just because the player is gone?

Personally, I would love a brand new official Fernandez or Doug Flutie jersey. As well as a few others.
I think that JC will end up playing somewhere else and that makes it more difficult, at least until he retires, too bad it wasn't as a Lion.