Lions vs. Riders Game Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Well this is it. It's do or die. Will this be Cameron Wake's farewell game in the CFL ?
Rammer
Team Captain

I feel that Otis Floyd is going to be ready, that will make a large impact on the game. Wally has said that he has been energized this week and I did see him fly behind a player getting interviewed and yell "Obama", so I can confirm that he is indeed showing some energy.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Area51
All Star

Any truth to the rumour that Glatt will not dress tomorrow? Or is that just wishful thinking?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Area51 wrote:Any truth to the rumour that Glatt will not dress tomorrow? Or is that just wishful thinking?
Wishful thinking.
zark
Champion

I wonder if Carl Kidd's in town? He was a great inspiration. I wonder if he still can be? I do remember how people wondered if there was any one who could replace his off-field presence. Or is that too long ago?
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:I feel that Otis Floyd is going to be ready, that will make a large impact on the game. Wally has said that he has been energized this week and I did see him fly behind a player getting interviewed and yell "Obama", so I can confirm that he is indeed showing some energy.
This Obama guy; he is a Rider running back? 8)
pennw
Legend

Solar Max wrote:
Rammer wrote:I feel that Otis Floyd is going to be ready, that will make a large impact on the game. Wally has said that he has been energized this week and I did see him fly behind a player getting interviewed and yell "Obama", so I can confirm that he is indeed showing some energy.
I think their new QB , wasn't there a thread about him a few days ago?
Vern Halen
Champion

Solar Max wrote:
Nope. Next year's Rider starting QB :lol: :lol:

I keed, I keed. Some are predicting and blow-out, some go green, some go orange. The overwhelming expectation out here is that today's game is going to be a close game - most of the Rider wins this year were close games - the exceptions being the clobbering of the Schmoes and being clobbered by the Stampeders. So many things have to align for both teams - Sask has to control the ball and avoid turnovers and have our LB's play the way they have all year. BC has to make sure that BP gets enough protection to get the time he needs to get the ball away without taking a hit.

I can't wait for kickoff, so I guess I'll kill a few hours watching Edmonton beat Winnipeg.
bigolebubbs
prospect

I'm like a kid on Christmas a.m. I can't wait for my present--a Lions thumping of the Green Roughies. Let's go Lions, do it for Mr. Ackles!!
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

It's 8:45 am in Cal. I, too am like a like on Xmas day. The temp. in Regina is for a high of 0C by noon and no precipitation. Hoping the wind won't be too much of a factor. Good luck Leo's :rockin:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

lets go boys, we need this
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Bosco
Team Captain

I think one key for the game might be...........the opening coin toss. :popcorn:

If it is windy at all, or if the wind kicks up throughout the course the game, the Lions will want to have the wind at their back in the 4th quarter.

Failing that - jumping out to a 20 point lead wouldn't hurt, either. :yes:
ziggy
Legend

Lions by 10 you're next Calgary!
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Score first

Take care of the ball

Win the lines.

If the lions take care of these three keys they will win.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E