Season Ticket Holder!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Best place to sit and watch the Lions

Premium seats
21%
Platinum
25%
lower Gold
8%
upper gold
4%
lower silver
17%
upper silver
13%
bronze
13%
At a Pub
No votes

Total votes: 24
woody
Champion

I'm now an official Lions Season Ticket holder for the first time .Bought my tickets today from Jamal at the Lions office. :yahoo: :popcorn: :beer:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I'm a Silver (Sec 18) ST Holder but I'd say the best game I saw was Plat Seats behind the Lions bench. I was dumb enough to say "Sure, I'll go with you" to an Eskimo Fan who scored a pair of nice tickets. Got razzed all game for fraternizing with the enemy. Great Lions fans in that area and nice place to take in a game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I owned Premium tickets behind the oppostion bench. Nice to razz the opposition.
Zarquon
Champion

I love my Premium seats first row of the balcony on the Lions side.
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

i like the lower gold. i might be a bit biased though :P
2012 Season Ticket Holder
nelson95
Legend

I love my alumni-priced season tix which I get for Xmas yearly

Lower silver(45)
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
woody
Champion

anyone in sec 38,thats where i am :popcorn:
RoarLionsRoar
Rookie

Section 41, right behind the Lions bench. Premium Seats
footy
All Star

woody wrote:anyone in sec 38,thats where i am :popcorn:
Hey thats my section I sit next to BIG DAN cant miss him ! :rockin:
SammyGreene
Team Captain

footy wrote:
woody wrote:anyone in sec 38,thats where i am :popcorn:
Hey thats my section I sit next to BIG DAN cant miss him ! :rockin:
Is he the guy always dancing they show on the jumbo screen? :lol:

We have lower gold tickets (sect. 12) but IMHO the best value is upper silver in the first couple of rows. $32 (walk-up) to be sitting near the 20-yard-line is a terrific price from a great vantage point.
QB Club 63
All Star

Section 10, Row BB. It's the opposition side, but it's around the 20 yard line, and with binoculars I can see most of what's going on at the Lions bench. :i:

Also because I usually park at the Library and I'm thrifty (not cheap) so I like the Silver pricing. :wink:

Started out in BC Place with season ticket seats in section 16 for a few years, then moved to section 9 to save money, but gave those up when my elderly companion stopped attending games (too loud, too many stairs). Bought walk-up for a couple of years and tried many, many different sections. Settled into section 38 for a season or two, but got tired of wading through crowds to exit onto Beatty Street. Returned to the familiar corner about 6-7 years ago and have been there ever since. :roar:

A little story from my section 38 days - one game I arrived at my seat fairly early and whiled away the time surveying the growing crowd. Lo and behold I spied seated about 8 rows below me a trio of familiar faces: they were Jim Robson, Bernie Pascall, and Greg Douglas. To myself I mused "There's over 200 years of combined Vancouver sports history all seated together!" Too bad I didn't think to buy them each a beer, but as Greg Douglas was at the time a newlywed I did seize the opportunity to razz him via email at JR-FM, where he worked the morning show as Doctor Sport. I politely inquired whose binoculars he had been using to ogle the cheerleaders. The guy's a pro, and didn't miss a beat, wondering on-air why I hadn't bought him a beer. :lol:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

QB Club 63 wrote:
Also because I usually park at the Library and I'm thrifty (not cheap) so I like the Silver pricing. :wink:
Off topic, but what is the cost of parking at the library ?
QB Club 63
All Star

The kind folks at EasyPark have jumped on the screw-'em bandwagon and raised the rates from the standard $6.50 for evenings and weekends to a ridiculous $15 for "event" parking :roll: . That's a mind-boggling 131% raise :shock: without providing any extra services. I have seen no extra security, there's no extra staff, they still lock the only access door to the stairs :bang: long before the game is over so people have to crowd into a tiny elevator to get to the parking levels, or else they walk down the one and only exit ramp :hypno: mingling amongst the cars trying to exit. :wag:

I sent them an email last season after they initially raised the rates, suggesting that they leave the door to the stairs unlocked so they don't get those masses of people returning to their cars down the exit ramp because one night somebody's going to hit or get hit by a car and they'll get sued, but I was ignored. :???:

With much optimism I tried the Library parking again last night, but nothing has changed. :bang:
It's still $15 :bang: , they still lock the door :bang: , people still walk in amid the exiting vehicles :bang: , and there's still just 1 security guard for 4 parking levels :bang: . Never again :x . They have lost my business :thdn:
woody
Champion

Security at the door was not letting people bring those free bags of chips everyone got outside in.I always thought small snacks were allowed in BC place.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

QB Club 63 wrote:The kind folks at EasyPark have jumped on the screw-'em bandwagon and raised the rates from the standard $6.50 for evenings and weekends to a ridiculous $15 for "event" parking :roll: . That's a mind-boggling 131% raise :shock: without providing any extra services. I have seen no extra security, there's no extra staff, they still lock the only access door to the stairs :bang: long before the game is over so people have to crowd into a tiny elevator to get to the parking levels, or else they walk down the one and only exit ramp :hypno: mingling amongst the cars trying to exit. :wag:

I sent them an email last season after they initially raised the rates, suggesting that they leave the door to the stairs unlocked so they don't get those masses of people returning to their cars down the exit ramp because one night somebody's going to hit or get hit by a car and they'll get sued, but I was ignored. :???:

With much optimism I tried the Library parking again last night, but nothing has changed. :bang:
It's still $15 :bang: , they still lock the door :bang: , people still walk in amid the exiting vehicles :bang: , and there's still just 1 security guard for 4 parking levels :bang: . Never again :x . They have lost my business :thdn:
It's the same thing at the EasyPark lot at Pender and Beatty, where we used to always park for Canucks games... used to the $5... then suddenly they put in the $15 "event rate". And the first time we ran into THAT, the bloody ticket meter wasn't even working. People were lining up to it... one would try it several times, then leave... another would try it, and leave... I wanted to just leave without even bothering, but the wife was afraid of getting towed, so she made me go find a different machine. I say, for that price, if they can't keep their machines working, tough cookies.

Fortunately I've "discovered" another nearby lot that's cheap... went to the last two Canucks games of the season and paid a paltry $3.75. Drove in... "Going to the game?" "Yup." "$3.75 please." "Sweet!" Bit more of a walk, but hey.

So I'm with you on this one: $%#^$ EASYPARK! And IMPARK for that matter!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.