Games of Week 4, July 5 - July 7, 2018

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Maas did not go for it on 3rd down with time getting low.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Argos hangs on to win !
bcbill1
Rookie

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:12 pm
bcbill1 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:55 pm
I'm confused. Can someone explain to me why Edmonton gets a first down on that onside field goal kick. The ball went out of bounds short of the first down marker. Why didn't Toronto get the ball on a downs turnover?
An Edmonton player who was onside was the last player touching the football before it went out of bounds
Still confused, shouldn't the ball have passed the first down yard marker in order for Edmonton to retain possesion? I guess I'm wrong because the officials would have got it correct :rotf: :rotf: sorry, that last part was really hard to type.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

bcbill1 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:36 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
bcbill1 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:55 pm
I'm confused. Can someone explain to me why Edmonton gets a first down on that onside field goal kick. The ball went out of bounds short of the first down marker. Why didn't Toronto get the ball on a downs turnover?
An Edmonton player who was onside was the last player touching the football before it went out of bounds
Still confused, shouldn't the ball have passed the first down yard marker in order for Edmonton to retain possesion? I guess I'm wrong because the officials would have got it correct :rotf: :rotf: sorry, that last part was really hard to type.
No, according to the rule book, a ball that crosses the line of scrimmage is considered a punt. If it is recovered by an onside player, it is a first down whether or not the original yardage was gained.
bcbill1
Rookie

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:14 pm
bcbill1 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:36 pm
TheLionKing wrote:

No, according to the rule book, a ball that crosses the line of scrimmage is considered a punt. If it is recovered by an onside player, it is a first down whether or not the original yardage was gained.
:good: Thank you :thup: