Vernon Adams Maybe a BC Lion?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

So do we know if there are any active conversations between the two parties? Has he been invited to camp etc. etc.?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Qman
Champion

saw a tweet that he was sent a contract offer ... usually 55-70k 2yr
CardiacKid
Legend

CardiacKid wrote:Farhan Lalji has tweeted that the Leo's have tabled an offer that is similar to Jennings rookie deal in 2015. The team is hoping a deal can be finalized by Sunday.
I believe the Leos are staging a QB camp on Sunday, hence the desire to get a deal done before then.
Rocko604
Rookie

pennw wrote:
Rocko604 wrote:I hope he gets a fair shot to not only make this team, but also be a contributor to it. My worry is he'll do well in pre-season but then Wally will have him warming the bench unless Jennings or Lulay get hurt.
Don't ya think it's a little pre-mature to be thinking this guy is going to beat out Jennings for the starter spot ? At this point he needs to beat out the #3 and 4 guys for a roster spot . Lot's of QB's are world beaters in college only to come and strike out in the CFL . IMO he's a long shot to beat Jennings out .
It is premature for that. What I said though was if he has a good pre-season and proves himself early, I'd hate to see him just sit on the bench. So if he does well in pre-season I think you have to give him a shot in the regular season. Easier said than done obvioulsy, but if we're stomping a team or getting stomped, I'd like to see him put in. Again, if he has a good pre-season.
CardiacKid
Legend

If last year taught us anything, it is the fact you have to have quality in the 2nd and 3rd string backups to your starting quarterback. Only one starting QB started all games and that was ole' man Henry Burris. I don't know the exact figures but I wouldn't be surprised if over half the teams at one point had their 3rd-string QB at the start of the year work their way up to starter. We are certainly familiar with that scenario here in BC.
Now that I am thinking about it, only Calgary, Toronto and Ottawa didn't start a QB last year that was at one point the 3rd stringer. But I stand to be corrected....
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This would change things.
Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN
Hearing #BCLions and #Als have a trade in the works for Vernon Adams
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:This would change things.
Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN
Hearing #BCLions and #Als have a trade in the works for Vernon Adams
No room at the top?
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Qman
Champion

Roar Report ‏@RoarReport 4m4 minutes ago
#bclions trade rights to Vernon Adams to MTL for 1st round pick in 2017. That could be #1 overall next year. wow.
#cfl
Spud387
Champion

And there you go:
Adams wanted a 1+1 deal which @GM_Brillo wasnt interested in. Plus a lot more $ than a rookie level deal. Plus Jennings isn't going anywhere

Wanted to be paid $$$$ and you know Wally ain't having any of that.
Qman
Champion

Roar Report ‏@RoarReport 12s12 seconds ago
Going to enjoy that Cdn T we get starting for the next 12 years .. meanwhile wally continues to bring star QB after star QB
#bclions
#cfl
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Spud387 wrote:And there you go:
Adams wanted a 1+1 deal which @GM_Brillo wasnt interested in. Plus a lot more $ than a rookie level deal. Plus Jennings isn't going anywhere

Anything less than 2+1 for a rookie QB was always absolutely a non-starter for Wally. He believe there is too much of a time an effort investment required for young QBs to put yourself in a position to lose them after two years. Montreal's QB depth chart is very different. Popp may be able to justify 1+1 or the money Adams would want to accept 2+1.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Rammer
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Spud387 wrote:And there you go:

Anything less than 2+1 for a rookie QB was always absolutely a non-starter for Wally. He believe there is too much of a time an effort investment required for young QBs to put yourself in a position to lose them after two years. Montreal's QB depth chart is very different. Popp may be able to justify 1+1 or the money Adams would want to accept 2+1.
Good points Hambone, no room , a short contract and money are all tells that Wally will fold. Glad he got a first rounder, as it sounds like Adams is looking more to the NFL than sticking in the CFL.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

A rookie does not have any bargaining chips.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions believe they have a potential star QB on the roster. Montreal is still searching. Trading a neg list player for a first-round draft pick is a big win for the Lions, even if Adams goes on to become a star.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

B.C.FAN wrote:The Lions believe they have a potential star QB on the roster. Montreal is still searching. Trading a neg list player for a first-round draft pick is a big win for the Lions, even if Adams goes on to become a star.
Could turn into win-win for both.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.