Engraved on a Nation...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

JohnHenry
Champion

I thought the series was very well done. Anytime we can watch a 1-hr special on the CFL...it's OK with me. It was nice to hear about Canada and the CFL in our media for a change, rather than the normal glorification of everything American.

I was hoping for more of a documentary style series, but instead each episode told a personal story of someone who was affected by the player. I know the Rider fans were hoping for more of a retrospective of their 100-yr history, instead of dwelling on the 13th-man catastrophe. But the series was a pleasure to watch.

Not sure TSN will be doing any more documentaries soon. Those were commissioned by the CFL especially for the 100th Grey Cup and were partially financed through our federal taxes (with Rogers Media chastising Mr. Braley for subsequently turning a large profit with the Argos this season). :ref:
Hutch85
All Star

I quite liked them and ended up purchasing them on iTunes to watch again. I'd say my favorites were the Chuck Ealey and Anthony Calvillo episodes, but I learned something new about CFL history in each one. It would be nice to see more like them in the future.

The Crash of Flight 810 episode was pretty interesting to me, I hiked up to the memorial site on Mt Slesse in 2010 and it's something else to see.