Blackout or not to Blackout?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blackout the Edmonton vs BC Game?

Yes
41%
No
53%
Help me Decide
6%

Total votes: 34
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

jcalhoun wrote:Hey all,

Two totally unscientific polls were out today about Friday's game. On Team 1040's morning show, the question was 'does blacking out the game effect your decision to buy a ticket?' (I paraphrase). 94% said no.
Unscientific or not I think that's pretty darned accurate. While it could be one factor among several I just don't think there are very many people who would base their decision solely on that.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

People who want to go to the game willl go if they can afford it and if getting there is convenient. If they can't go, they want to watch it on TV. Blackouts do not affect most people's desire to be part of an event. I've had more requests for corporate tickets this week than for any regular-season game I can recall. There are often surplus tickets kicking around but they've all been snapped up for this game.
donefron
Starter

all large businesses that create large amounts of revenue for our economy as well as jobs to feed our communities get huge tax breaks doesnt mean they have to give away their product for free, Honda & the large automaker industry get huge tax breaks so by your logic I should get a new car under my tree next year. things r done to promote the economy thus making things vibrant & healthy. some cannot go great some r not able to buy a ticket unfortunate but their should be enough people in a market this size that are able willing & financially capable to buy a ticket so that the rest of you that can not make it will be able to see it. this stadium was not redone just for the Lions only it was also done for the Whitecaps the car shows & other assorted events that fill that venue throughout the year & pay the rents does this also mean that you should get a free whitecaps ticket or car show voucher because you are a taxpayer or shop at Future Shop & they sponsor them. Also they had to play at Empire the last 2 years at a loss threw no fault of their own ( or do you forget the roof almost flying away) averaging less than 25,000 a game. & that Canucks analogy isn't great either they show all of their games because they are sold out every game for the next 2 generations gawd they made more money off Canucks logo underwear than Braley made off of the whole team last year do ya remember not so long ago having to pay to watch the Canucks on PPV playing Florida, Carolina & other highly anticepated contests just cause you were a rabid fan. Blackouts are usually nothing more than a tool to fuel the walkup buyer that is sitting on the fence, they were at around 33,000 sold when it was announced and now 2 days later look they're over 40,000 and climbing.
Ravi
Legend

According to TSN's Farhan Lalji on Twitter, the blackout has been lifted for tonight's game.