Football Show with Angus - TEAM1040

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

McLetchie
Rookie

Hey folks,

Meant to write this earlier, but Angus will join Pratt every Monday (2-3pm) during the season for some CFL talk.

Travis Lulay goes with Rinty and Ray every Monday at 7:45.

Iain
Bosco
Team Captain

McLetchie wrote:Hey folks,

Meant to write this earlier, but Angus will join Pratt every Monday (2-3pm) during the season for some CFL talk.

Iain
Good to hear! :thup: The more Lions talk on 1040, the better. :beauty:
Rammer
Team Captain

McLetchie wrote:Hey folks,

Iain
Now can we find out when Suitor is signing in, and if that is a regular feature.
Entertainment value = an all time low
D
Team Captain

caught that today, great job by Angus and Pratt :beauty:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Reid has to get one of those Food network gigs. I usually enjoy what he's got to say in terms of what the teams doing.

As for media coverage... Johnson usually visits Don Taylor on Sportsnet's Connected for a 5 minute gig Tuesday nights and Caravetta has a similar gig Wed nights. Sometimes pick up little things you didn't know. It was certainly interesting listening to these whilst the Lions were in the midst of that awesome start they had last season :dizzy:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

D wrote:caught that today, great job by Angus and Pratt :beauty:
Agreed. Angus is a natural and was quite candid in talking about how things are more stable this year than last on the field and in the locker room. Glen Suitor chimed in on the phone from Nashville with an assessment of other teams. He wouldn't say anything negative about Saskatchewan but did predict that B.C. and Calgary will play in the West Final, and Hamilton and Montreal will meet in the East Final. He promised to offer Grey Cup predictions next week.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

It was a good show indeed. Angus was pretty candid about the team and suggested that Wally is much different this season in the approach in part due to listening to their Captain's council who indicated that they needed a less physical TC this season as there were more vets. He indicated that this was the most positive things have been for two year now with Wally now seemingly more fired up.

It was very very interesting and I think if it is in any audio vault well worth listening to. It certainly vindicates a lot of the fan criticism of coaching and focus over the past two seasons if you listen and can read between the lines.

Pratt also played clips from the Moj with Guilio and Wally Buono - another positive sign as the Moj is a good football guy.

I was a bit disappointed last week with the Benevides interview being cut off by Jeff Patterson as it seemed to me to be very good and had lots of interesting things in it as well.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Angus Reid is probably the most articulate member of the BC Lions. Refreshing to listen to an interview without the usual "I mean", "you know"