Would you like a Chat Room

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Would you like a Chat Room?

Yes
29%
No
42%
Maybe
29%

Total votes: 24
D
Team Captain

Would you like a live chat room on this site? I have thinking about adding one but at the same time I think it may detract from the game day threads.

What say yee?
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Anglophone
All Star

I haven't really used the chat feature on other boards I've been on. The only time I would use it is during the game day thread.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Seems redundant to me. The GDT suits me. Just IMO ...
joe kapp22
Legend

No, cannot really see the utility of it.

Now a "thanks" button.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

NO
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

whats a chat room? Sounds kinky.
would it make the game day threads better - more live?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I wouldn't use it. Even game-day-threads are a waste of time for me. I don't post and watch at the same time, and the comments made in game-day threads don't seem to have much value after the fact.
MacNews
Team Captain

I prefer threads to chat.
pacific
All Star

I'm thinking no. You would need someone to moderate it.
The_Pauser
Legend

Honestly I'm not too sure if it would really be used. I honestly like the concept and think that it can help prevent potentially some arguments on here as people can answer eachother immediately and conversations can be more fluid, but as others have mentioned it probably would take away from GDT's, and personally I love reading peoples thoughts about games. I'm a STH, and don't check out the GDT's for homegames until I get home. I enjoy reading people's opinions on plays and comparing that with my own opinions from the game.

Just my :2cents:
Roar you Lions roar!
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

I voted maybe. I like having an active on-line conversation during games (especially as I only get to listen to radio), but the GDTs do seem fulfill that purpose. Chat room may be more immediate, but then again the conversations may deteriorate into a bunch of LOL ROTFL OMG etc., or worse, name calling and insults! I think lionbackers do a great job of discussing and dissecting the game as it happens on the GDT. If we could transfer that level of discourse to a chat room, great. Otherwise let's stick with what's working.
David
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:I wouldn't use it. Even game-day-threads are a waste of time for me. I don't post and watch at the same time, and the comments made in game-day threads don't seem to have much value after the fact.
Don't need a chat room but I like game-day threads. While I don't post while watching, I do check the board occasionally during commercials to gauge the vibe of Lionbackers, and hurl brickbats at say, a bad call on the field (instead of real bricks at the TV). :wink:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:I wouldn't use it. Even game-day-threads are a waste of time for me. I don't post and watch at the same time, and the comments made in game-day threads don't seem to have much value after the fact.
Don't need a chat room but I like game-day threads. While I don't post while watching, I do check the board occasionally during commercials to gauge the vibe of Lionbackers, and hurl brickbats at say, a bad call on the field (instead of real bricks at the TV). :wink:

DH :cool:
Pretty much how I use the GDT. The advantage of a chat though that is overlooked is that some more emotions can be displayed and not so much worry about it staying around forever. Plus for those that are using the STH excuse, remember half the games are away as IR and it may lend itself for more input.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Like others it's highly unlikely I'd use a chat room. If there is a time and place that it would be of value it would be in lieu of the game day thread. Often when I've looked back at them I've thought the portion that happens during the actual playing of the game is just a clunky defacto chat room. I find the pre and post game parts to beof great value but get very little out of the game time part. It never quite made sense to me that folks so into the game would basically allow themselves to be distracted or otherwise pay half their attention to the game and the other half to the chat room/GDT. If I'm watching the game odds are pretty good my computer is turned off in the rare event I'm actually watching it at home. I'm likely at a pub if I'm not at home. Having said that for guys like Belize City, Toppy, Cromartie, Shi Zi Mi etc I can see a GDT or chat room during game time as giving them a semblance of "being there" ambiance and interaction with other fans that they would not otherwise enjoy given their location.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

I thought a prior version of this phpbb had one. It was used on game days...somewhat sparingly, but I remember chatting up LFITQ when he was in Kansas City during a game.