Offsides by Sask Receivers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BEEECEEE
All Star

How many? I watched the game with a former ref and he could not believe the amount of times sask receivers were offside when they approached the line of scrimmage. On the saskTD in overtime the receiver closest to the TV camera was 3 yards offside. I can understand 1 or 2 but when I count 7 throughout the game, heads have to roll.
Formely sfu_guy
prairielion
Starter

I saw the exact same thing. Glad it wasn't just me seeing it. :bang:
Still in Riderville, hating the Riders!
cromartie
Hall of Famer

C'mon now. Don Narcisse built his career on it. Didn't make the difference in the game though.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This was too good a game to blame the outcome on the officials. Both teams made a lot of tremendous plays. Saskatchewan made one more when the game was on the line.
korey&dante4ever
Champion

watched it in slow mo... it was close.. can't call it offside if ur the ref
great game played by both teams.. dont blame it on the officials
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

cromartie wrote:C'mon now. Don Narcisse built his career on it. Didn't make the difference in the game though.
yeah right - it doesn't change anything when a receiver is gettting an illegal jump on a play at all.
Rammer
Team Captain

korey&dante4ever wrote:watched it in slow mo... it was close.. can't call it offside if ur the ref
great game played by both teams.. dont blame it on the officials
I agree, they are very close but seemed to be onside. Although I would suggest the play where the receiver runs down the LoS and the receivers run behind him going North, seem to be flirting moreso with the offside.
Entertainment value = an all time low
nelson95
Legend

While the last play looked borderline it was the play in the 1st minigame where MacKenzie got nabbed where the slot was obviously off
That woulda put the riders back in 2nd and 10 rather than 2nd and 5

Please sign a safety this offseason Walley
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Rammer
Team Captain

nelson95 wrote:
Please sign a safety this offseason Walley
Lions have a safety, unfortunately he was playing CB on that game winning TD play by Clermont, who was his cover. Same play to start the game ended it, and Hyland played it much differently each time.
Entertainment value = an all time low
nelson95
Legend

Hyland blew that tackle
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Mikemike
All Star

I agree, it had nothing to do with the play on the TD, but yeah, I was thinking that several times during the game. There was a 2nd down play in the 1st OT when Mckenzie was offside and it sure looked to me that the sask receiver was past the line of scrimage before Anton ever moved. But we got it called against us.

One of the reasons that mosaic is so tough to play in is that the visiting team has to beat the Riders, the fans, and the refs.

BOB SAGET!
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

FWIW - check out this thread on the Argos blog

http://www.friendsoftheargonauts.ca/tou ... 0ae93741ec

So no, it's not just Lions fans.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

BS. The officials played a HUGE role in the outcome of this game. The phantom pass intereference call on Marsh when he tipped the ball and we made the IT changed the ENTIRE momentum of the game. Dressler was 2 yards offside on the OT winning TD. The Sask receivers we 2 yards offside on most pass plays. How many penalties were called? How many against us? How mant in OT?

No no.....we played the 12 men even up; we played the 13th man brilliantly but we could notovercome the 14th man. Period.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I have to admit I continually commented out loud about their receivers being offside... I'm going to review the tape later today.

The PI call was complete bull... it was also sold like dutch soccer player. Give me a break.