Game Day Thread - Lions @ Eskimos July 30, 2010

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I thought the booing was for their team.

As much as I appreciate this guy doing the CFL game for us out of Canada why are we watching the half on US college football?

The Chappy not liking success with the run reminds me of an old Ronnie Lancaster story when he was still a young QB playing for the green Riders and Eagle Keys. It was an exhibition game and he tosses a beautiful long pass for a super pass and run only to get to the sideline where Eagle demands to know "Why did you do that?" Ron L "He was was open and he got a TD!" Keys: "I was cutting him tomorrow."
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Centrum22
Starter

Now the power has gone out at Commonwealth???? Come on weather, don't ruin my Friday Night Football!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Too bad the lightning didn’t find the Chap, and light up a bulb in his dim head…maybe see the repressiveness of his ways :surrender:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:Too bad the lightning didn’t find the Chap, and light up a bulb in his dim head…maybe see the repressiveness of his ways :surrender:
That's good ! :wink: :wink: :wink:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Centrum22 wrote:Now the power has gone out at Commonwealth???? Come on weather, don't ruin my Friday Night Football!
Now, there's really a black cloud hovering over Edmonton.
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Looks like the power has come back on. The weather radar near Edmonton looks iffy.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/radar/in ... tml?id=WHK
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:I thought the booing was for their team.

As much as I appreciate this guy doing the CFL game for us out of Canada why are we watching the half on US college football?

The Chappy not liking success with the run reminds me of an old Ronnie Lancaster story when he was still a young QB playing for the green Riders and Eagle Keys. It was an exhibition game and he tosses a beautiful long pass for a super pass and run only to get to the sideline where Eagle demands to know "Why did you do that?" Ron L "He was was open and he got a TD!" Keys: "I was cutting him tomorrow."
:rotf: Too funny Toppy and so apt a comparison

Touche
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Yikes, we may need to wait a while. :pray:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Ok so while were waiting can someone tell me why we doggedly refuse to make adjustments at half time?

Just because we found some success last in the second quarter, is no reason not to make improvements at offense implicitly and defense at the point of attack as well?
KILLER
Legend

they got to cut that guy
DEATH AWAITS YOU ALL WITH NASTY BIG POINTY TEETH!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Playing a most dangerous game here now
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:Ok so while were waiting can someone tell me why we doggedly refuse to make adjustments at half time?

Just because we found some success last in the second quarter, is no reason not to make improvements at offense implicitly and defense at the point of attack as well?
Because they can't
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Paris Jackson hasn't done a thing out there and now he goes offside :bang:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

no more excuses about PJ getting over his injuries ... he has not had his head in the game all year ...
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Time for Paris to sit, since he's hurt anyway. No discipline either.