CKNW - Glenn trade bait... Printers on the move?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Dave Pratt talks to Wally Buono on Team 1040 ...

Key points:

* old baggage: put that all behind us

* take emotions out of decisions

* Can Casey Printers fit in?

* Can he play a role with the team?

* Can he help you win?

* Wally is not saying yes or no

* At this time, he doesn't know if it would work

* Wally is open to sitting down, discussing with staff, discussing with the player

* Regarding player concerns about the B.C. QBs, Wallys says they are in good shape, developing.
Rammer
Team Captain

McLetchie wrote:As might be expected, Dave Pratt is all over this particular rumour.

Wally joins him at 4:00 today (Friday) to break down if the Leos might be interested in bringing Casey back.

Iain
He was on with the Rick Ball at 2:20 or so, and from his indication on Printers becoming a Lion again, seemed to not be ruled out, but he is signed currently with Hamilton and Wally couldn't give a confirmation on the Lions interest.

Put it this way, Pratt bet Ball that he would be in a Lions uniform, to which Ball bet Pratt that he would eat Pratt's shorts if Printers was every in a Lions uniform again.
Entertainment value = an all time low
korey&dante4ever
Champion

Wow... I mean i can't say i heard the interview Pratt had with Wally, but my opinion on pratt will always stay the same

I listened to the Buck Pierce interview a couple of days ago and was absolutely appauled that Pratt would ask Buck if Printers would be back in B.C.... where the **** does he get the nerve to ask a question like that...

This is absolutely gross... I'm pretty sure Pratt could name the entire lineup of the Manitoba Moose but probably couldnt even name half of the starting players on the Lions.. It's disgusting.. He's disgusting.

I'm sorry, but when it comes Pratt talking about the CFL... it's awkward to listen to, and borderline laughable...it's too bad that us diehard lions fans have to listen to him.
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
firstdown45

Casey Printers has a girlfriend here.

If Buck doesn't sign a long term deal here, then what? I don't know why Buck would want to hang around here when he has NFL aspirations and Printers' ultimate destiny is to return here where he likes it.

Look folks. Printers wants out of Hamilton. He ain't going to Winnipeg.

Printers will ask to be traded out of Hamilton. He ain't happy there.

Why would Hamilton not want Buck Pierce? If Hamilton is prepared to offer big bucks to Printers, they can make an offer to Buck also.

Is there not a B.C. influence in Hamilton? A lot of B.C. baggage is headed there these days.

If Buck is such a GREAT QB as you all claim, then why is he not a tradeable commodity?

Printers has a girlfriend here. He likes Vancouver. It's time for him to grow up and smell the coffee.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

firstdown45 wrote:We've got two excellent QBs?! Rubbish! Nonsense!

Did we win the Grey Cup? No. Did we even get a home playoff date? No. We finished a lousy third.

So where do you get this theory that the Lions have two good QBs?

Buck will sign with the NFL. You going with Jackson? Crazy.

Two good QBs? You must be talking about the Detroit Lions
Oh yes, that's right, I forgot: the rest of the team was 100% purrfect for the whole season, so the whole thing can be blamed on Buck and Jarious. Silly me.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
ziggy
Legend

firstdown45 wrote:Casey Printers has a girlfriend here.

If Buck doesn't sign a long term deal here, then what? I don't know why Buck would want to hang around here when he has NFL aspirations and Printers' ultimate destiny is to return here where he likes it.

Look folks. Printers wants out of Hamilton. He ain't going to Winnipeg.

Printers will ask to be traded out of Hamilton. He ain't happy there.

Why would Hamilton not want Buck Pierce? If Hamilton is prepared to offer big bucks to Printers, they can make an offer to Buck also.

Is there not a B.C. influence in Hamilton? A lot of B.C. baggage is headed there these days.

If Buck is such a GREAT QB as you all claim, then why is he not a tradeable commodity?

Printers has a girlfriend here. He likes Vancouver. It's time for him to grow up and smell the coffee.
After reading your post I noticed something you mentioned twice and wondered why it was so important to you.Then I thought aaahhhaa I finally cracked the code! Are you Casey's girlfriend?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

firstdown45 wrote:Casey Printers has a girlfriend here.
And every other town in the CFL!
Horsehockey. Printers had NFL aspirations too, and failed. He didn't like it here - that's why he was whining about lack of respect all the time.

I'm sure they'd be happy to have Buck. However, a trade takes two parties, and as iffy as Wally is about bringing Casey back here, I think it's a pretty good bet he wouldn't give up Buck to get him.

In case you missed his interview on Pratt & Taylor today, Wally believes Buck to have the potential to take the team all the way. Why would he trade him for a QB that he views as having an attitude problem?
The only coffee here is Starbucks coffee...
(\__/)
Bobbyp
Champion

Printers screwed up hugely the first time around. There was a ton of excitement and buzz surrounding the team kind of like when BC Place first opened up. He could have turned into one of the alltime top sports celebs to play in BC. There was so much talk about how good he was and people were even comparing him to Warren Moon.He tarnished the whole thing by going to the nfl and getting cut now hes just another qb might show some flashes might not and wont sell tickets cause now people figure he wasnt that good cause of the nfl thing. We know how good the 3 guys we have are why screw it up. Its kind of like going back to a old girlfriend, how excited could you be ? Move on to new stuff. I guess that fd45 found the thread after all.
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

korey&dante4ever wrote:Wow... I mean i can't say i heard the interview Pratt had with Wally, but my opinion on pratt will always stay the same

I listened to the Buck Pierce interview a couple of days ago and was absolutely appauled that Pratt would ask Buck if Printers would be back in B.C.... where the **** does he get the nerve to ask a question like that...

This is absolutely gross... I'm pretty sure Pratt could name the entire lineup of the Manitoba Moose but probably couldnt even name half of the starting players on the Lions.. It's disgusting.. He's disgusting.

I'm sorry, but when it comes Pratt talking about the CFL... it's awkward to listen to, and borderline laughable...it's too bad that us diehard lions fans have to listen to him.
Say what you will about Dave Pratt, but he does know his Lions football, inside and out. Is he trying to invent a controversy just as he and the rest of team10hockey did with Printers and Dickenson 3 years ago? Of course he is.

Dave's been living on borrowed hockey time since the Jennifer Mathers and the plagiarism things; he's just trying to stir up some ratings, no more, no less.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote: Put it this way, Pratt bet Ball that he would be in a Lions uniform, to which Ball bet Pratt that he would eat Pratt's shorts if Printers was every in a Lions uniform again.
Pratt is full of himself. He thinks he knows it all.
Dan Russell
Legend

The only possible teams that Printers could play for this year is

Winnipeg: Although they state they are not interested in Printers, I tend to believe they is some chance CP could be a Blue Bomber as Glenn is trade bait right now. Do you wanna roll the dice with Dinwiddie or Chang who never have played consistent? Then again Glenn didn't play consistent ever so why not?

Toronto: As they are not sold on Kerry Joseph to begin with and Andrus's entrance could mean something or nothing. I am leaning towards nothing as it seems they will ride with Joseph this year.

Montreal: Only if Calvillo retires, which with the Grey Cup loss last year and previous years their is some unfinished business for him. He'd love to go out with a Grey Cup win.

Finally BC: That would hinge on BP signing in the NFL which I doubt will happen. Then with JJ's inconsistent play and Wally not totally saying this is impossible states that he still feels their is talent there. With Geroy and Paris, Printers would already be a better player with less of his passes bouncing off their chests then in Hamilton. Besides his potental attitude question marks, other issues are financially he would have to agree to a pay cut which seems hard to believe but to get out of Hamilton it is possible. 1 thing that would put a wrench into this scenario is Chap's presence on the team as we all know him and CP didn't see eye to eye to say the least.

Ultimately Hamilton has to be rid of Printers this year. The question is how and where?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:Say what you will about Dave Pratt, but he does know his Lions football, inside and out. Is he trying to invent a controversy just as he and the rest of team10hockey did with Printers and Dickenson 3 years ago? Of course he is.

Dave's been living on borrowed hockey time since the Jennifer Mathers and the plagiarism things; he's just trying to stir up some ratings, no more, no less.
Isn't that right near the top of his job description?
(\__/)
bclions16
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:
Rammer wrote: Put it this way, Pratt bet Ball that he would be in a Lions uniform, to which Ball bet Pratt that he would eat Pratt's shorts if Printers was every in a Lions uniform again.
Pratt is full of himself. He thinks he knows it all.
Pratt is in the entertainment business, and he's good at what he does, like him or not. I always find it surprising how people don't understand his type schitck (one that's been a corner stone of talk radio since it's inception).

Don't count out ol' Wally having some fun with the media on this one. Bob Ackles did a good job keeping the Lions in the media during the off season, maybe Wally is pitching in.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
zark
Champion

I remember an NFL coach, before the Super Bowl, who told his players to have fun and say anything they want, because the media will print anything and everything they hear. I think it was Gregg wen he coached either the Bengals or the Browns.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

It wasn't the Browns....they have never been to the Super Bowl.

At least Pratt is talking about the Lions. Geez, how many on here complain because of the hockey coverage, and Pratt tries to drum up a little interest in JANUARY for the Leos and you're all over him.

I hope Casey does come back, pretty sure Pasquale could make it work too.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008