Smallest crowd in 3 years expected tonight

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Soundy
Hall of Famer

nelson95 wrote:This will be the avg until that roof gets open in the summer

The hickshow at GM prob cost the leos 1000 fans

yeehaw
Probably more NASCAR fans than football fans there, anyway (and any football fans were probably partial to the Dallas Cowboys).
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:First time that had surfaced or at least that I saw the "MAKE SOME NOISE", but also noticed a couple of times that the actual game stats remained up between plays as well, perhaps someone reads here. :shock: :popcorn:

So with that possibility in mind...
.... ya know, the old scoreboards are still up there... I would think the control systems are still, if not in place, at least in the building and could be hooked up. Would be nice if they were simply turned on again - then they run the advertising if they feel the need, and we'd still be able to check the stats at any time.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
firstdown45

The lifting of the blackouts is killing the gate. Last game was on TV also
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

mabey it made people want to go to the next one! what a shock!! lol
2012 Season Ticket Holder
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

firstdown45 wrote:The lifting of the blackouts is killing the gate. Last game was on TV also
I don't think most fans were aware that the blackout would be lifted. I was pleasantly surprised myself, since I had taped it just in case.

Through four home games, the Lions are averaging 32,995 fans, an increase of 1,665 from last year at this point (31,330). Even if you don't count the Bob Ackles tribute game, the average for the remaining three games is still several hundred ahead of last year. What has likely kept a lid on crowds this year is the team's poorer record and (3-3 through the first six games instead of 5-1). Winning is what matters most to the casual fan. The last two televised home games have been victories. That might help draw fans to future games.
cheer_leader
prospect

Personally, I really like BC Place........altho' I admit I look forward to the new roof!
The reason we haven't been to all games this year is the traffic. We live in the valley,
& for Bobby Ackles night (could NOT miss that!) we left home at 3:00 pm and still missed
half of the first quarter. Unbelievably aggravating!! Going on the sky train isn't bad, but
coming home is a mad rush. I wish we had charter buses from the valley into Vancouver
for the games, to save us at least some of the frustration .
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

yea same, tho i went to that game, left abbotsford at 4:30 and got to my seat just as the opening kickoff went on. Tne traffic is a killer tho, i was a ST holder last year but the traffic and lack of ppl wanting to go to the game made it rough,
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E