Officials

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Big Time
Champion

I'm deeply concerned that because Jake Ireland was the ref for the east semi-final, this means he'll be the ref for the west final. When do they make the announcement? Jake is far and away the worst ref in the CFL. I can't believe how often he calls for a measurement to see if a first down was achieved. There was a game earlier this year where the Eskimos were short by at least two and close to three yards. I could see this sitting 20 rows up in the standsl. Good old Jake called for a measurement only to confirm that it was 2-3 three yards short. Every game I've seen him ref he's done this at least twice per game. I think the Lions should be the favourite next week but with Jake refereeing, anything can happen.
Ravi
Legend

Andre Proulx, Bud Steen and Glen Johnson did not work this week. That means that you will likely see one of those three crews at B.C. Place next week. I am pretty sure that you won't be seeing Ireland and his crew.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

It's the CFL, any crew will be horrible.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Ravi wrote:Andre Proulx, Bud Steen and Glen Johnson did not work this week. That means that you will likely see one of those three crews at B.C. Place next week. I am pretty sure that you won't be seeing Ireland and his crew.
THAT's what I'm afraid of. The other 2 are decent.
Real women wear orange!!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

CatsEyes wrote:
Ravi wrote:Andre Proulx, Bud Steen and Glen Johnson did not work this week. That means that you will likely see one of those three crews at B.C. Place next week. I am pretty sure that you won't be seeing Ireland and his crew.
THAT's what I'm afraid of. The other 2 are decent.
It's OK, the Riders are more afraid of Proulx.
CartWheelFan
All Star

You know, I'd say that if the reffing situation is what we're most concerned about going into this one, then we're in pretty good shape :wink:

Bring on those pesky Riders, we'll make 'em feel like they have deja vu from last year!

GO LIONS GO!! :rockin:

See y'all there :beer:
uncle leo
Starter

For all the abuse the refs took this year (justified or not) todays officials did a great job today. All the calls, non-calls, replays and explanations were what the CFL would want thier refs to be all year long. :thup:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

uncle leo wrote:For all the abuse the refs took this year (justified or not) todays officials did a great job today. All the calls, non-calls, replays and explanations were what the CFL would want thier refs to be all year long. :thup:
Agreed. The two games were as close as possible to having purrfect officiating, and having an extra set of eyes in the replay booth helped.
Luke
All Star

There were a couple botched calls, but for the most part I thought the refs did a good job. The call on the Brett Ralph catch between his legs was excellent. Austin was upset, but that was to be expected.

I thought there were some missed PI calls in the secondary that could've hurt the Riders, had they been called, but I understand why they weren't. Calling those 'tugs' in the secondary is ticky-tack, and I believe in letting the players play. If a ticky-tack call had helped decided the outcome, people would've been pretty upset.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

its good that they are talking to the league (George Black) about the challenges
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Dan Russell
Legend

I am hoping for Bud Steen for the west final.