Clermont to Sign With the Lions Today

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Wally!
Starter

If it is true, great news!

It is key to have solid Canadian talent in positions like SB. Frees up import spots for other areas.
pinkfreud

That's great, long-awaited news. I had resigned myself to his going to Saskatchewan.

:thup:
Rammer
Team Captain

pinkfreud wrote:That's great, long-awaited news. I had resigned myself to his going to Saskatchewan.

He still will be, but just in orange this month. He should expect to hear a few jeers from those that feel they have been jilted.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Excellent news! :rockin:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:That's great, long-awaited news. I had resigned myself to his going to Saskatchewan.

Have a little faith PF. :lol:

You don't really believe LION82 wanted to leave in the first do you?

He has just been a Lion too long and has been through the wars, the trials, the tribulation with us all the way along. He still has unfinished business with this football club...

:yahoo: :wave: :bb: :pass: :love: :paw:

Best news this season!!!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
DerekDD
Starter

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... b8&k=56018

There it is, as I said this morning it would be.
David
Team Captain

It has now been confirmed on CKNW - report from Jim Mullin upcoming. :yahoo:

This is the best news of the season. First class player and person who's as popular with his teammates as he is with his fans.

I don't think Lions fans could see him wearing any jersey colour other than black and orange.

Congratulations on the new contract Jason. You've earned it.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Yee Haw

:yahoo:

:rockin:

As much as Jason loves his home town of Regina, he also loves his team, his teammates and his other city, Vancouver.

Vancouver loves him right back. :yes:
lion24
Legend

I was thinking the same so this is awesome news :rockin: :rockin: And to Rider fans "no Clermont for you!!" :twisted:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

"I am pleased to extend my commitment with the Lions and I am grateful that the organization that originally drafted me has made me part of their future plans. I enjoy my role with the club and I will continue to meet and exceed the their expectations," said Clermont, who writes a weekly column for the Vancouver Sun.

Yeah. Jason is a loyal guy. Loyal to his war buddies, the Lions.

The bonus here is that he stays with the local paper, writing from the Lions' point of view. I have always enjoyed his articles.

:beer:
LFITQ
Team Captain

Well Sept 15th will see my 50th anniversary jersey (Clermont stitched)brought out of the closet!

Good job by Wally and Jason to get this done! Now we can focus on correcting this ship and getting down to business.

So glad to have Clermont back. Was getting worried that my Clermont paraphernalia was going to end up mothballed like my Simpson stuff.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

First off, congrats Lion82 on a your extension. Nothing to say except for what's already been said on that.

Also, congrats to DerekDD and wildthing, who proved that they are CFL fans first today. Hope that your 'Riders do well for you against the Stamps.

:beer:
CB123
Legend

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank god! I couldnt stand seeing JC in any other jersey.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Just got the signing email from the Lions. This another one of those times I am glad I'm wrong lots of the times. I thought he was going green (over 90%) but thankfully they got it done!