Hands Up

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

anyone who has played any kind of football on a CFL field? (pro players and those who have tried out excluded of course)

Just curious.

As one who has never run onto the field after a game or been on a CFL fieldfor any other reason, it was quiet surreal to play a Winnipeg touch Football league game at Winnpeg Stadium. Of course, the seats were empty and the whole world missed out on seeing my incredible display of raw atheletic ability and ...blah blah blah :lol:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
uncle leo
Starter

I made it to Senior Bowl in 1990. The week long camp was at Empire Stadium and the turf was brutally aweful. I remember a crack in the concrete, (where the turf was suppose to be) was a cluster of weeds. It was neat to be on that field where the Lions played but the stadium was neglected. Oh yeh, during the game Sean Graham burnt me for a long TD, infront of a bunch of scouts...that was the worst feeling I had playing football. Anyways I remember Stefan Ried and Chris Burns being there and maybe Chad Folk. But I definitely remember Chris Burns....That was the only time I played on a CFL field.

My father and I made a trip to the Grey Cup 1997, we took a taxi to the stadium. The driver took us to the enterance where the players and media go, right down to the field enterance, through the big double doors. We got out of the taxi when a security guard ask what we were doing. Playing 'stupid' we said we were lost but asked if we could walk around the endzone, since we made it that far, he said go ahead but make it quick. That was awesome, Grey Cup afternoon, on the field, just below all the Eskimo Grey Cup championship banners. :thup:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Funny how opposition quarterbacks have no problems picking our secondary apart. :roll:
Balraj
All Star

I've played quite a few times on bc place's turf, with my high school team and with my buddies a few times playing touch football.