Lions at Elks Sept. 22, 2023

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

OV:54-40
Starter

definitely agree that MCinnis should be in the main 5 pack over Lucky - bigger target, bigger catch radius, harder to tackle; however, I see no reason to not be able to dress Lucky as well, and have him in for certain packages, as a deep threat, or even just the main back-up for the starting 5. They could also put a rested Lucky back as a kick returner at some points. - and go with 2 punt returners in situations, as smart teams do.

As far as Mackie, the offensive coaches just do not grasp the talent he has or the value of a big power back or tight end/H-back type getting the ball - either on hand-offs or releases down-field for a pass. The game he had against the Argos last season, when he had to replace Butler, was glaring evidence. Once every 4 or 5 games? Why not 2 or 3 times per game in key moments or situations?

IF the good VA shows up, maybe the Lions win the big games with him throwing strikes all over the field to the very good receiving corps; but IMO, more variety and use of all weapons in the tool box - like plenty of ground game, or using Mackie - gives a much higher chance of success.
PGSSS74
Rookie

I do not know why the OC have forgotten what David Mackie did last summer in relief against the Argos. He reminded me of a big strong fullback who could get the job done. I am not insinuating he could be as good as these two, but surely the coaches should review that game tape just one more time?

Jim Evenson Height: 6'3" Weight: 230

Sean Millington: Height: 6'3" Weight: 233

David Mackie: Height: 6'0" Weight: 252
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

PGSSS74 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:31 am
I do not know why the OC have forgotten what David Mackie did last summer in relief against the Argos. He reminded me of a big strong fullback who could get the job done. I am not insinuating he could be as good as these two, but surely the coaches should review that game tape just one more time?

Jim Evenson Height: 6'3" Weight: 230

Sean Millington: Height: 6'3" Weight: 233

David Mackie: Height: 6'0" Weight: 252
Don't forget Joe Smith either despite his unceremonious dumping by Wally Buono in 2006 or 07 (? ) for Charles Roberts at the end of his career. Smith's career ended too but I blame that on the insanity in WPG at that time with coaching.

Texans 255 lb FB Andrew Beck is the heaviest to return a kick over 50 yards ever. He went 85 yards against the Jaguars.
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/fullba ... 50983.html

Currently, there are great examples in the CFL of bigger backs having success and making their teams a success as well as the more explosive type. At times some coaches don't use them.

BUT it's about coaching philosophy, schemes and talent.

BC under DeVonne Claybrooks and Jarius Jackson with Reilly at QB weren't running game lovers as it was up to Jarius only.

Rick Campbell I assume is not a HC who thinks like Dinwoodie and O'Shea where Buck Pierce built on the playbook of LaPolice and elevated it to new heights.

My own view is that I love a football game where you have both passing and sound running schemes and where even the most novice of fans can't call the run plays.

You're only as good on offense as your offensive line and QB but nothing is harder for the O-line than predictable run calls and pass blocking all game.
But nothing fires them up as much as steamrolling D-linemen with a run game.

A run game with the likes of a Cottoy not just the speedster types like Winnipeg does at times helps but not sure this ranks high in BC.

I've never forgotten that the winningest coach of all time with both BC and Calgary saying that the run game is hard to teach so what do fans like me know.

I'm looking at two franchises as a model in the CFL that run and pass successfully - Toronto and Winnipeg.

Two teams that look lost this season on offense:

1. Ticats - the new play caller Milanovich was great at helping his QB but last game I saw was channeling Tommy Condell who was in a rut.
2. Stamps - and they can run the ball.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Blitz
Team Captain

You're only as good on offense as your offensive line and QB but nothing is harder for the O-line than predictable run calls and pass blocking all game.

A run game with the likes of a Cottoy not just the speedster types like Winnipeg does at times helps but not sure this ranks high in BC.

I've never forgotten that the winningest coach of all time with both BC and Calgary saying that the run game is hard to teach so what do fans like me know.

I'm looking at two franchises as a model in the CFL that run and pass successfully - Toronto and Winnipeg.

Toppy Vann
I've never forgotten that the losingest CFL coach of all time said the run game is hard to teach either Toppy. But this is one of the rare times that Wally actually got something right on his own. The run game is harder to teach, especially the run blocking aspect of it. Modern day offences mostly zone block for the run game because its easier to teach.

However, only zone blocking tends to be limiting and defenses are now well prepared for zone blocking strategies. Wally basically only used one running play - the inside zone read (left and right) with the ace back either looking for a hole to the side of the blocking or cutting it back against the grain and flow of the play.

My head and heart ache for a good inside counter trap, with an offensive guard or offensive tackle making the trap block from the side and decleating a surging huge defensive tackle. That type of block took away the advantage of a huge plug and play nose tackle or huge run stopping defensive tackle.
Definitely agree that MCinnis should be in the main 5 pack over Lucky - bigger target, bigger catch radius, harder to tackle; however, I see no reason to not be able to dress Lucky as well, and have him in for certain packages, as a deep threat, or even just the main back-up for the starting 5. They could also put a rested Lucky back as a kick returner at some points. - and go with 2 punt returners in situations, as smart teams do.

As far as Mackie, the offensive coaches just do not grasp the talent he has or the value of a big power back or tight end/H-back type getting the ball - either on hand-offs or releases down-field for a pass. The game he had against the Argos last season, when he had to replace Butler, was glaring evidence. Once every 4 or 5 games? Why not 2 or 3 times per game in key moments or situations?

OV: 54-40
I guess it would be a choice in terms of dressing an extra import on defense or offence but I do like the concept OV, especially having Lucky in certain packages and to assist in running back kicks and punts.

Sammy Greene wrote:
I'm coming to the realization VA is who he is — prone to throw some bad INTs but brings the rare gunslinger mentality with elusive athleticism. His best throws of the night Friday were to Hollins — one after a Hatcher drop to keep a drive alive with the Elks within a score — and the other later in the 4th quarter that helped seal the win.

So you take the 80 percent good to go with the 20 percent bad and hope those picks aren't too costly or there is enough time to make up for them.

He came into an almost no-win situation — attempting to replace a generational QB and fast rising fan favourite — yet still has the Lions right among the top contenders. Would love to see a more balanced attacks like on Friday instead of the offence being so dependent on his arm.

Interesting decision looming Friday with Rhymes due to return. In the past they have dropped an extra American on defence to go with four American receivers but that option may not be there with Lokombo hurt. Hard to see McInnis taking a backseat again
Like you, I have come to accept Vernon as who he is and not focus on what he is not and likely never will be. The reality is that after losing Bourke we have a CFL Top 3 quarterback who gives us a chance to win against anyone, as we also do with Rick Campbell as our Head Coach/Co-GM. This season, with only two games to go, we have at least a shot to win the division. That is not too shabby a situation and sure a heck of a lot better than a few short years ago, watching our Leos being embarrassed under Wally and Hervey.

As for Mackie and the run game, as OV and other Lionbackers have pointed out, no question we could utilze him more. But Masydk follows a long line of offensive coordinators trained in the spread offence. They are one trick ponies with blinders on in this area. Most of them have no clue what to do with a fullback, other than use him to replace a tailback if the tailback is injured and there is no other tailback on the active roster at the time. Most spread coordinators will use an extra lineman as a run or pass blocker, even with a good fullback on the active roster, when the extra offensive lineman is not an extra threat. Most don't know what to do with a tight end either.

Have a look back at Chap with Lyle Green or Masydk today with Mackie. Remember back when Jeff Tedford was hired and stated he wanted to incorporate a tight end offence and signed some tight ends and then Geroge Shultz only used both huge tight ends as slotbacks. Plug and play was all he knew as its all most spread offensive coordinators know.

Its spread the field with receivers and no tight ends or fullbacks, use an ace back for inside runs only, with zone blocking only, and on rare occasion, throw in a fly sweep to stretch the edge. The quarterback mostly stays in the pocket from a shot gun snap and 'stands and delivers' (unless blitzed and then often is found not standing but on his back. :wink: .

At least Masydk utillizes Cottoy as a tight end at times but really does not take advantage of the special gifts that Cottoy brings to the lineup as a player who can play tight end, slot, and wide receiver.

I would love to see the CFL move back to more multi-faceted offences, with the quarterback taking snaps from under center as well as shotgun, with two back sets of a fullback and tailback at times, with the use of a true tight end at times, as well as spread formations. I would love to see the run game be more than an inside zone read and the rare toss sweep or fly sweep and incorporate off tackle plays with man blocking double teams and kick out blocks and fullback dive plays and fullback inside counters, and tailback counter sweeps etc. etc. etc. but I will likely be be waiting a very long time.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
tedbear
Starter

The game has changed over the past 10 years. Teams seem to deploy undersized linebackers to help out in pass defence. These linebackers are faster and are able to contain the smaller backs with their speed. (Especially if the smaller back hesitates before hitting the hole).

If you want to be able to run the ball you need a bigger back. Have them hit the hole hard and if they manage to get through the line they are able to hit the smaller linebackers and knock the linebacker back for a few yards. Later in the game if you keep running the defence will tire and you will start dominating them with the run.

This is how WInnipeg and Toronto seem to be doing it. I am no expert on the x's and o's but from being a fan for a long time you seem to need to have some sort of mis-match to help you be successfull. So until the Lions use Mackie or insert a bigger back I am not confident they will be able to run the ball consistantly.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Some good posts here.

Not sure if people watched the Toronto Hamilton game with Ouellette and Harris out and McMahon getting some action.

The Argos had not been on offense for 7 min 20 secs and came out with 1st and 10 at the 40 with McMahon to Kelly's right - along with three other Receivers.
It looked like a run. It looked like Ticats got caught in a bunch of man coverage as they were looking run to something short.

McMahon took the fake handoff running in front of Kelly moving left and Kelly rolled right tossing the 70 yard TD back almost like Anthony Cavillo - although not quite that far to the backside.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video - video of the quick strike.

Cottoy should get the ball in different spots.
Qman
Champion

tedbear wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:15 pm
The game has changed over the past 10 years. Teams seem to deploy undersized linebackers to help out in pass defence. These linebackers are faster and are able to contain the smaller backs with their speed. (Especially if the smaller back hesitates before hitting the hole).

If you want to be able to run the ball you need a bigger back. Have them hit the hole hard and if they manage to get through the line they are able to hit the smaller linebackers and knock the linebacker back for a few yards. Later in the game if you keep running the defence will tire and you will start dominating them with the run.

This is how WInnipeg and Toronto seem to be doing it. I am no expert on the x's and o's but from being a fan for a long time you seem to need to have some sort of mis-match to help you be successfull. So until the Lions use Mackie or insert a bigger back I am not confident they will be able to run the ball consistantly.
The big back they signing in off-season from Ohio st / North Carolina was almost fullback sized but could only get 3 yards/carry in preseason, so they cut him

You need a 3 tool back in cfl Blocking, receiving, rushing. Smoke is ok. Butler struggled first year too. Even more than smoke.
tedbear
Starter

Qman wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:15 pm
tedbear wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:15 pm

The big back they signing in off-season from Ohio st / North Carolina was almost fullback sized but could only get 3 yards/carry in preseason, so they cut him

You need a 3 tool back in cfl Blocking, receiving, rushing. Smoke is ok. Butler struggled first year too. Even more than smoke.
3 yards a carry is all Harris, Ouellette, and Olivera usually get early in the game, they get stronger and more effective as the game goes on. Not sure how long our bigger back played in pre season or if he had a chance to eventually wear the defense down.

Don't get me wrong I like smoke and am a fan but Butler was great early on at picking up the Blitz, Smoke seems to struggle with the blocking, and too many times he seems to dance or try and make a move before he hits the line of scrimmage.

His best games have been against Edmonton and he has struggled against the better defenses.

Not saying he is not good but my opinion is with until we use a bigger back we will not have consistency in the run game.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

What I wonder about with the idea of McInnis assuming Whitehead's spot is how would he do in a different role? Now I understand that receivers move around presnap and don't always line up in their depth chart spot. However Whitehead is almost always lining up in the wideout spot opposite Hollins while almost all of McInnis' reps have come while playing one of the slot positions. One infrequently gets the benefit of the waggle while the other gets to work with it on most plays. Would McInnis at 6'5 210 be as effective outside from a standing start as he is inside with the running head start?

Overall their numbers are quite similar as they entered the Edmonton game.

Whitehead 44 of 68 targets (64.7%) for 586 yds & 3 TDS, game high 6 for 9 targets for 122 yds, 6 catches on 17 targets of 20+ yds, ave target depth 13.3, 186 YAC
J. McInnis 36 of 62 targets (58.1%) for 543 yds & 3 TDS, game high 8 of 12 targets for 118 yds, 8 catches on 19 targets of 20+ yds, ave target depth 15.5, 127 YAC

One more stat from the Game Notes that I wasn't sure about is INT. Since the ones for the receivers total 17 and BC had tossed 17 picks I assume it means 6 interceptions happened when targeting McInnis and 2 when Whitehead was targeted. In between are Hatcher 4, Rhymes 3 (all in that 6 pick Argo game) and Hollins 2. There is no way to quantify any of the circumstances that turned those targets into picks but I thought it was interesting. Another Game Notes stat gives Whitehead a 94.4 efficiency rating to McInnis' 62.8. No idea what than number is about. Maybe one of those PFF concoctions that uses some formula based on all the other numbers somewhat like a QB rating. Cottoy leads the team at 123.6 followed by Hollins (120.1), Hatcher (96.1), Whitehead, Rhymes (89.1) and McInnis.

Personally I see the two as being different types of receivers asked to fill different roles or needs. One is the speedy shifty wideout who seems to be targeted either within 5 yards of the LOS or on deep routes. The idea on the shorter routes is to get him the ball in space and in hopes he can make the first guy miss. For some reason too often to my liking Adams likes to throw it at his shoe laces where he had to go down to get the ball off the turf and brace himself for the lick he's about to take. McInnis is that tall rangy guy who gets more mid-range to deep routes. He gets asked to and is very good at climbing the ladder. Adams likes to get the ball up to where he can go up for it making a mismatch for the DB. As former Steeler coach Bill Cowher liked to say 3' above the receiver's head is always open. Have to take advantage of that. McInnis brings attributes Whitehead doesn't and vice versa.

Myself I kind of like having a bit of a mix of characteristics in the receiving group and worry a bit about a group having too much of the same which might be the case with Cottoy, McInnis and Rhymes on the field at the same time leaving 6'1 Hatcher and 6'0 Hollins to be the shifty guys.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Starter

Blitz wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:47 pm

Toppy Vann
I've never forgotten that the losingest CFL coach of all time said the run game is hard to teach either Toppy. But this is one of the rare times that Wally actually got something right on his own. The run game is harder to teach, especially the run blocking aspect of it. Modern day offences mostly zone block for the run game because its easier to teach.

However, only zone blocking tends to be limiting and defenses are now well prepared for zone blocking strategies. Wally basically only used one running play - the inside zone read (left and right) with the ace back either looking for a hole to the side of the blocking or cutting it back against the grain and flow of the play.

My head and heart ache for a good inside counter trap, with an offensive guard or offensive tackle making the trap block from the side and decleating a surging huge defensive tackle. That type of block took away the advantage of a huge plug and play nose tackle or huge run stopping defensive tackle.
Definitely agree that MCinnis should be in the main 5 pack over Lucky - bigger target, bigger catch radius, harder to tackle; however, I see no reason to not be able to dress Lucky as well, and have him in for certain packages, as a deep threat, or even just the main back-up for the starting 5. They could also put a rested Lucky back as a kick returner at some points. - and go with 2 punt returners in situations, as smart teams do.

OV: 54-40
I guess it would be a choice in terms of dressing an extra import on defense or offence but I do like the concept OV, especially having Lucky in certain packages and to assist in running back kicks and punts.

Sammy Greene wrote:
I'm coming to the realization VA is who he is — prone to throw some bad INTs but brings the rare gunslinger mentality with elusive athleticism. His best throws of the night Friday were to Hollins — one after a Hatcher drop to keep a drive alive with the Elks within a score — and the other later in the 4th quarter that helped seal the win.

So you take the 80 percent good to go with the 20 percent bad and hope those picks aren't too costly or there is enough time to make up for them.

He came into an almost no-win situation — attempting to replace a generational QB and fast rising fan favourite — yet still has the Lions right among the top contenders. Would love to see a more balanced attacks like on Friday instead of the offence being so dependent on his arm.

Interesting decision looming Friday with Rhymes due to return. In the past they have dropped an extra American on defence to go with four American receivers but that option may not be there with Lokombo hurt. Hard to see McInnis taking a backseat again
Like you, I have come to accept Vernon as who he is and not focus on what he is not and likely never will be. The reality is that after losing Bourke we have a CFL Top 3 quarterback who gives us a chance to win against anyone, as we also do with Rick Campbell as our Head Coach/Co-GM. This season, with only two games to go, we have at least a shot to win the division. That is not too shabby a situation and sure a heck of a lot better than a few short years ago, watching our Leos being embarrassed under Wally and Hervey.

As for Mackie and the run game, as OV and other Lionbackers have pointed out, no question we could utilze him more. But Masydk follows a long line of offensive coordinators trained in the spread offence. They are one trick ponies with blinders on in this area. Most of them have no clue what to do with a fullback, other than use him to replace a tailback if the tailback is injured and there is no other tailback on the active roster at the time. Most spread coordinators will use an extra lineman as a run or pass blocker, even with a good fullback on the active roster, when the extra offensive lineman is not an extra threat. Most don't know what to do with a tight end either.

Have a look back at Chap with Lyle Green or Masydk today with Mackie. Remember back when Jeff Tedford was hired and stated he wanted to incorporate a tight end offence and signed some tight ends and then Geroge Shultz only used both huge tight ends as slotbacks. Plug and play was all he knew as its all most spread offensive coordinators know.

Its spread the field with receivers and no tight ends or fullbacks, use an ace back for inside runs only, with zone blocking only, and on rare occasion, throw in a fly sweep to stretch the edge. The quarterback mostly stays in the pocket from a shot gun snap and 'stands and delivers' (unless blitzed and then often is found not standing but on his back. :wink: .

At least Masydk utillizes Cottoy as a tight end at times but really does not take advantage of the special gifts that Cottoy brings to the lineup as a player who can play tight end, slot, and wide receiver.

I would love to see the CFL move back to more multi-faceted offences, with the quarterback taking snaps from under center as well as shotgun, with two back sets of a fullback and tailback at times, with the use of a true tight end at times, as well as spread formations. I would love to see the run game be more than an inside zone read and the rare toss sweep or fly sweep and incorporate off tackle plays with man blocking double teams and kick out blocks and fullback dive plays and fullback inside counters, and tailback counter sweeps etc. etc. etc. but I will likely be be waiting a very long time.
Bang-on Blitz; very well put, as usual. Like you I would love to see wayyyyy more diversity on CFL offences, - all the things you suggest; but not going to happen ... when they keep hiring / recycling from the same old clique of same old, limited, myopic offensive coaches; a bit of a bight on the CFL, IMO.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Blitz wrote:
It would have been interesting to see how the tight end attempt by Tedford would have panned out but it ended before it really got any traction. They did have Cam Morrah and AC Leonard. Unfortunately Morrah had his knee taken out by Tristan Jackson 2 games in ending his career. AC Leonard took over and proved too unreliable as a receiver often dropping balls at the most inopportune time like on 2nd down conversions. With Leonard looking not ready for prime time and nobody else to go to the experiment fizzled out with the two combining for 22 catches for 261 yards and 2 TDs over 8 games.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:14 pm
Blitz wrote:
It would have been interesting to see how the tight end attempt by Tedford would have panned out but it ended before it really got any traction. They did have Cam Morrah and AC Leonard. Unfortunately Morrah had his knee taken out by Tristan Jackson 2 games in ending his career. AC Leonard took over and proved too unreliable as a receiver often dropping balls at the most inopportune time like on 2nd down conversions. With Leonard looking not ready for prime time and nobody else to go to the experiment fizzled out with the two combining for 22 catches for 261 yards and 2 TDs over 8 games.
Yes. Morrah and later Leonard were deployed mainly as blocking slotbacks, occasionally lining up on the line of scrimmage but filling the same role that Jevon Cottoy and Cory Watson have filled in recent years under various offensive coaches. They were tight ends by U.S. football background only.
Blitz
Team Captain

Like you I would love to see wayyyyy more diversity on CFL offences, - all the things you suggest; but not going to happen ... when they keep hiring / recycling from the same old clique of same old, limited, myopic offensive coaches; a bit of a bight on the CFL, IMO.

We are more than on the same page OV: 54-40

We're Butch and the Sundance Kid, Thunder and Lighting, (John Henry) and Larry (Key), Franco and Rocky, Jim (Taylor) and Paul (Horning), Bo and Marcus, Willie and Nub, Robert (Drummond) and Sean (Millington) :thup:

Wanna play tailback or fullback? :wink:

We sure do recycle them in the CFL or they become OC's after serving a spread offensive coordinator who is picked up by another CFL team. The NFL was stale at one time in its 3 yards and a cloud of dust era but coaches like Air Coryell and many others got it changed. The spread was in vogue in the NFL for a while but a new era of very young and very smart Head Coaches has made the NFL dynamic while the CFL, strategy wise, has become very stale overall. There were exceptions in Montreal for a while, in Winnipeg over the last few years, and now in Toronto at times.

Yes. Morrah and later Leonard were deployed mainly as blocking slotbacks, occasionally lining up on the line of scrimmage but filling the same role that Jevon Cottoy and Cory Watson have filled in recent years under various offensive coaches. They were tight ends by U.S. football background only.
Hambone, B.C. Fan
Your memories are as sharp as an eagles eyesight Hambone and B.C Fan.. It was a shame we never got a chance to see if it would work. It is good to see us use Cottoy as a tight end but we really could do much more with it. A two tight end set with Cottoy and Mackie would be a good power formation to use on occasion and play action out of.
What I wonder about with the idea of McInnis assuming Whitehead's spot is how would he do in a different role? Now I understand that receivers move around presnap and don't always line up in their depth chart spot. However Whitehead is almost always lining up in the wideout spot opposite Hollins while almost all of McInnis' reps have come while playing one of the slot positions. One infrequently gets the benefit of the waggle while the other gets to work with it on most plays. Would McInnis at 6'5 210 be as effective outside from a standing start as he is inside with the running head start?

Overall their numbers are quite similar as they entered the Edmonton game.

Hambone
Those were intriguing stats Hambone and I was suprised in that I would have guessed a higher successful target rate for McInnis. It will be interesting how our Leos deal with it when Grymes returns (assuming he will)
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Troy Aikman commenting on Miami's offence and makes a valid or not comparison to CFL style offences:
"A lot of credit goes to their personnel department and the way they've been able to bring in some speed. The way they motion and use those guys and get them running, in some ways it looks like a CFL offence, where they're hitting it on the fly with some really fast people and they're stretching the defence," Aikman said. "And (quarterback) Tua (Tagovailoa) is making great decisions and delivering the ball like a point guard."

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/article/ai ... l-offence/

Ironically, some NFL players have called for CFL pre-snap motion which I can't understand isn't a no-brainer.

Also this is in a 3 Down Nation article including Aaron Rodgers:

“Miami’s a great example of tailoring your specific offence to exactly what you have personnel-wise. You have two of the fastest receivers in the entire league, Jaylen Waddle and Tyreek Hill, and what they’ve been doing to turn it into as close as you can to the Canadian Football League where you have guys who are getting running starts before the play,” Rodgers told The Pat McAfee Show.

“Last year, a lot of it was side-to-side. They’d start Tyreek on the left, fly him over to the right and then get him going. Now, you’re seeing Tyreek starting in like a snug position right off the tackle and then flying out to the left on the same side and running a route. It’s just ways to stress a defence with that incredible speed and start-and-stop ability that him and Jaylen have.”
https://3downnation.com/2023/09/27/aaro ... fl-scheme/
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
Team Captain

B.C. at Edmonton drew the most number of viewers for TSN of all of the games in Week 16 (531,300 viewers). The next best was Hamilton at Toronto (453,700 viewers). :thup:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar