Lions vs. Riders July 22, 2023

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Shivers has been ineffective for most part.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Mistakes mistakes, mistakes.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Thanks Terry Willlams. Pathetic
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

If the Lions hang on , the defence deserves a dinner.
MacNews
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:47 pm
If the Lions hang on , the defence deserves a dinner.
It should be steak with all the trimmings.
Clash Dance
Rookie

Thank goodness Makmysic started calling rollout, was costing us field position plus too many 2 & outs leaving our D out there too long. If that continued in 2nd half we don't get the field goals and Sask maybe gets more. Another game with some fortunate calls early (roughing he passer taking away a safety). Since the Winnipeg game, I don't see the fire or confidence from our Offense.
Dusty
Champion

A win is a win, but that was difficult to watch.

What happened to Rhymes? Did he finish the game? I didn't see him out there, but the TV doesn't always show everyone..... just wondering....
Clash Dance
Rookie

Thought something was wrong with Rymes when he caught that 2 yard out and just jogged out of bounds, rather than try to fight for more yards. Farhan said he missed a practice during the week, so likely aggravated whatever was bothering him.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

4 fumbles wont het it done either
Wear orange or wear nothing
Clash Dance
Rookie

4 fumbles, several offsides and drops (including a TD) also don't help. When this O gets clicking, it's going to be great, but alot of shooting ourselves in the foot since that Winnipeg game.
tedbear
Starter

Ugly game for the offence credit Saskathewan defence who played hard and seemed to run a lot of stunts and twists that seemed to confuse our offensive line.

But a win is a win and defence and special teams were outstanding. Not all games are purrfect and there are a lot of things we need to improve on but good teams find a way to win and we did that today.

A bit frustrating to watch but a 10 point win over a Western oponent I will take. We are now 4 and 0 against Western teams and it has been a long time since we can say that.

Go Lions!
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Have to play better than that next week or EE will break their losing streak(s).
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Defensive backs impressed me with their tackling. They were stopping the Rider receivers dead in their tracks after catching the ball.
MacNews
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:50 pm
Defensive backs impressed me with their tackling. They were stopping the Rider receivers dead in their tracks after catching the ball.
Yes that was a highlight. Don't forget the turnover on downs the defense forced as well. They bottled up Saskatchewan very effectively all game.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Evans doesn’t get many practice reps as a backup so some of the timing issues are understandable,
especially with Shivers. They’ve probably never practised those checkdowns and flare passes.
Still, Evans finished 16 for 25 with a TD (should have been two but for an end-zone drop by McInnis, who was playing for Rhymes). Cottoy also left the game in the third quarter and was replaced by Mackie before returning. Lots of changes on the fly.

With the way the B.C. defence is playing, it was obvious that the coaches were happy to live on four Sean Whyte field goals and not try to be aggressive on offence. Getting a week of practice with the first team offence should make a big difference for Evans next week.