Lions at Bombers June 22, 2023

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I couldn't get over the the booing from the Winnipeg crowd in the fourth quarter. Pretty harsh given the Bombers' amazing home record in recent years.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Another good read is the Game Day thread on the Bomber Fan site Morning Big Blue. It starts off pre-game with a lot of over-confidence and arrogance and once the game starts there plenty of comments on Lions holding and ref mistakes. In total a very entertaining read.
https://www.morningbigblue.com/community/
Ryan_USA
prospect

B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:17 pm
I couldn't get over the the booing from the Winnipeg crowd in the fourth quarter. Pretty harsh given the Bombers' amazing home record in recent years.
Their fans have gotten way too arrogant over the past few seasons and can't believe every game they play in the other team just doesn't lay down for them.
'I get no respect'-Rodney Dangerfield

:bc:
Ryan_USA
prospect

Is this the worst we have ever beaten them? Maybe not score wise, but just in general?
'I get no respect'-Rodney Dangerfield

:bc:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Ryan_USA wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:27 pm
Is this the worst we have ever beaten them? Maybe not score wise, but just in general?
This was the Lions’ most decisive victory against Winnipeg in 10 years. The Lions beat the Bombers 53-17 in Winnipeg on Sept. 27, 2013.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:17 pm
Music to my ears.
David
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:19 pm
Another good read is the Game Day thread on the Bomber Fan site Morning Big Blue. It starts off pre-game with a lot of over-confidence and arrogance and once the game starts there plenty of comments on Lions holding and ref mistakes. In total a very entertaining read.
Would love to listen to Bombers' PxP man Derek Taylor post-game. Saw his interview yesterday or the day before about how the Bombers were head and shoulders above everyone else in the league and that, yea, I suppose a case could be made for B.C. at #2... but that is a very steep drop-off between the Bombers and everyone else, blah, blah.

Most complete, dominating win in all 3 phases since the Wally-era. Biggest surprise to me was Betts completely owning Stanley Bryant, making him look old and slow. Just took them to the back of the woodshed and had their way. Loved Sayles blowing up Oliveira and Woods sticking it to Wolitarsky, who got alligator arms on that play.

Well done, boys! :rockin:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

When the CFL played a 16 game schedule, they played 4 pre-season games. With the 18 game schedule and only 2 pre-season games, I always view the first 2 games as the pre-season that counts. After week 2, 8 teams looked like the pre-season and one looked mid season form. Nice to see the Lions knock the Bombers back to pre-season form. :wink:
almo89
Legend

DanoT wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:19 pm
That was a fun read. The beginning was awesome because of the overconfidence. So many guys saying it'll be an easy win. A lot of complaining about non calls on us for holding.

I'm not gonna lie. I didn't expect the Lions to win coming out of a short week and let alone dominate in all facets of the game.

VA looked so comfortable in the pocket and took off a couple times when he needed to. Solid game for him. Saskatchewan fans didn't like McInnis much but he could be a good pick up for the Lions. His height is really becoming an asset for those 5050 balls.

This is the best I've seen our special teams coverage since Benny was last coaching the special teams for this team. The intensity is ramped up compared to last couple seasons.

What can I say about the defense. It was complete domination. RP drew up a great game plan. The defensive line was causing all types of chaos for Collaros. I remember Collaros not having a great game last year in the West Final, but Rourke had a even more terrible game. This time around, out offense was able to capitalize.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

The legendary Don Taylor delivering the highlight package from Thursday’s win in his classic fashion. It’s like turning the clock back 30 years ago and tuning in to Sports Page on CKVU at 11 pm.

https://twitter.com/dontaylor5/status/1 ... 2VSLiMk24g
Rammer
Team Captain

Haven’t seen Donnie Taylor since his departure. Nice to hear him stoke the Lions. Thanks for that Sammy.
Entertainment value = an all time low