Genius? - Apparently not

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Walt67
Starter

So after all the super social-media hype, there seems to be more and more concerns about Genius not even being able to do rudimentary stats in a timely manner.
These are the guys who are supposed to make our beloved league more relevant to Millennials and younger - yet I've heard Moj complain about crappy support for working media and other concerns listed here.
Any thoughts
Qman
Champion

Didn’t work in preseason.

Last night worked great. JJ Adams was saying they were faster than tsn.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Qman wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:46 pm

I couldn’t find any live stats, certainly not by looking in the usual places.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

In that game some of the half time stats didn't seem to align.

TSN said Adams had 191 yards passing but IIRC the stats at the half showed 173 passing.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Qman
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:24 pm
Qman wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:46 pm

Cfl.ca
Tap on game
Hit game tracker
Dusty
Champion

[/quote]
[/quote]

Cfl.ca
Tap on game
Hit game tracker
[/quote]

In past years, I've used TSN as a "game tracker" to see the live stats as the game happens. They had nothing on last nights game..... score was 0-0 well into 3Q. I guess that both TSN and I will need to do the above.

Change sucks.... :rotf:
Foxhound
Starter

Get this. With Genius Sports running Fantasy, the word "Tiger-Cats" in a League name is invalid meaning no league can have Tiger-Cats in its name. Apparently "Genius" Sports overlooked the detail that the CFL team in Hamilton was the Tiger-Cats when a decision was made not to allow hyphens and other special characters in League names....

:roll:

And there was nothing wrong with the stats the CFL was providing until last year. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

:wag:
Radically Canadian!
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I wouldn't say "if it ain't broke don't fix it" in this case. Stats have always been pretty slim pickings during the game. Just compare the in game stats board in an NFL game to what we get at Lions games. We should have a full stats board that would fit nicely on the side panels of the big screen. Instead it's been just the bare minimum.
While it sucks for everyone that this isn't working as it should yet, I'll give it some time to work out the issues if it means we eventually have much more in the future.
Qman
Champion

Honour Dewalt wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:19 am
I wouldn't say "if it ain't broke don't fix it" in this case. Stats have always been pretty slim pickings during the game. Just compare the in game stats board in an NFL game to what we get at Lions games. We should have a full stats board that would fit nicely on the side panels of the big screen. Instead it's been just the bare minimum.
While it sucks for everyone that this isn't working as it should yet, I'll give it some time to work out the issues if it means we eventually have much more in the future.
It exists. They just not rolling it out week 1 apparently
A lot of of reporters are posting it

https://twitter.com/DarrinBauming

It’s extremely detailed but not so different from old live system