Lemar Durant released

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

The BC Lions this afternoon announced the following transaction:

Release from roster: WR Lemar Durant (N).
We kind of all saw this coming when he was scheduled to make $175,000 this season. So where will that money be spent? Right now no starting national receivers under contract.

Farhan tweeted Cottoy has two scheduled NFL tryouts after fully recovering from thumb injury.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Durant will probably get signed up elsewhere but if he doesn't the Lions might take him back for less money. I would think that the liberated $175,000 would go some distance to offer Cottoy pause to think money. He could catch on to a practise roster but we know the odds against are pretty low when trying to make it from the CFL into the NFL.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

With Durant gone, I would be very surprised if before free agency, the Lions don't sign either Cottoy or Shaq Johnson. One of them will sign before free agency I think. I think Durant will sign elsewhere. He was a Ed Hervey guy and don't think he is in Lions plans at all for Lions were not even interested in renegotiating with him to a lower salary.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I think Cottoy will be re-signed........if he doesn't get an NFL offer which is entirely possible. Lenius landed a deal. They are physically the same size and equally young and raw talents.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Reg18
Starter

Ithonkemardurantwillsign a home town discount ocehe knows his options he is a bc boy and it's going to take a toget himto leave the lm samefor Chingh. They willbothbe ions nextyear
Dusty
Champion

Reg18 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:27 am
They will both be Lions next year
I'm not at all sure that Durant will be back even at a reduced cost. I was very disappointed by his level of compete when he returned from injury last season. His injury might have been in the back of his mind and maybe he did not want to push himself in case he re-injured, but even more concerning was him being almost uninvolved with his team on the sidelines.

Given that a number of teams are re-signing their players for next year, I can see how he would want to be released to increase his availability to other teams prior to free agency opening.
David
Team Captain

Dusty wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:58 am
His injury might have been in the back of his mind and maybe he did not want to push himself in case he re-injured, but even more concerning was him being almost uninvolved with his team on the sidelines.
I was not aware of this. Lemar seems like a good guy to me and I thought had a really good rapport with Reilly. Can you please elaborate? Was this observed first-hand at home games (e.g., if you sit near the Lions' bench)? Or something you heard anecdotally?

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Dusty
Champion

David wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:04 pm
Dusty wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:58 am
His injury might have been in the back of his mind and maybe he did not want to push himself in case he re-injured, but even more concerning was him being almost uninvolved with his team on the sidelines.
I was not aware of this. Lemar seems like a good guy to me and I thought had a really good rapport with Reilly. Can you please elaborate? Was this observed first-hand at home games (e.g., if you sit near the Lions' bench)? Or something you heard anecdotally?

DH :cool:
It is what I saw at the game.... I sit near the BC bench.