Elks at BC Nov 19

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yeah both the prior ones were close to the uprights. Not good by much. Seems weird. I recollect FG 30 yards and under being almost a gimme but it seems very much like the craft has somehow become diminished. You see a lot of FG, PAT's going wide.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Rourke putting on quite a show. Good for him.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Funny how going wide in short yardage situation works
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:53 pm
3rd interception by the Lions
Three interceptions, three touchdowns off interceptions

Keeping in mind it's against a team that's playing its third game in a week on three days rest. Rule of threes? :football: :football: :football:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well at this rate, who is our B/U tonight?
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I feel sorry for the Elks but wow is it nice to be on the right side of a blow out.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Lucky with another explosive return and no flag this week. Just how bad was Chris Rainey this season?
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Why did Edmonton trade for Arbuckle? Has he taken a snap for the Elks this season?
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well, there goes the shutout.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Belize City Lion wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:06 pm
Why did Edmonton trade for Arbuckle? Has he taken a snap for the Elks this season?
I think Arbuckle is still recovering from injury and they're planning on building the team around him for next year. Cornelius isn't having a good night but he's been mostly competent. Prukop has been around for a couple of years and hasn't shown much promise but this is likely his last chance to show why they should keep him.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well he has done more than Cornellius
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Based on the first half, the Lions have done exactly what they need to do. Facing a very tired opposition, you would expect, nay almost demand that they dominate which is what they have done. So congrats to them. Some great efforts from Rourke and Rhymes has had a nice game tonight as well. He hasn't had the best season so it has been nice to see him show something. So a premature congrats on this game perhaps but next year, they will need to show this proficiency against teams that aren't a rolling dumpster fire (i.e. Ottawa, Edmonton). Even their other wins have come from teams that have had up and down seasons (Calgary, Montreal) so they have a lot to prove.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I feel a bit like the Maytag Repairman tonight. Awful quiet around here.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:11 pm
Belize City Lion wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:06 pm
I think Arbuckle is still recovering from injury and they're planning on building the team around him for next year. Cornelius isn't having a good night but he's been mostly competent. Prukop has been around for a couple of years and hasn't shown much promise but this is likely his last chance to show why they should keep him.
Not injured, just not being used until next year. Elks could have signed him as a free agent instead of giving up a second round pick to Toronto. If Brock Sunderland was any worse as GM the Lions would probably hire him.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Watching Rourke can’t help to think how much better off they would be just going with him in 2022 and using Reilly’s salary on 3 other all star quality free agents. Yes a weak and tired opponent tonight but there is still plenty of positives and he will only get better at 23