SFL: The Saskatchewan Football League

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

OK, since I was a kid watching Ronnie Lancaster I've always considered the Roughriders to be my second favourite team. I even spent 10 years living in Saskatchewan. But I just can't take the massive crush that TSN and the CFL have on the Riders anymore.

Listening to TSN gush over the Riders, while they were losing to BC last week was ridiculous. At one point, when I thought BC was going to win, I started to wonder how TSN would justify the Riders still being placed ahead of BC in their "power rankings" despite the loss.

Then today the CFL announced that Cody Fajardo is the player of the week. Excuse me? He threw for 1 TD. Got credit for a rushing TD thanks to a bad call from the officials. The Riders don't win that game if not for a bad coaching decision, an even worse punt, and the previously mentioned non-touchdown touchdown. Fajardo put together a "game winning drive" from the BC 40-yard line, and for that he's the best player in the CFL last week?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I was thinking today that the league has an unusual fondness for the Lions. Lucky Whitehead and Michael Reilly were named players of the month for September, along with Hamilton linebacker Simoni Lawrence. Reilly was also a player of the month for August, along with Fajardo and Saskatchewan DE Jonathan Woodard. I think they’re all worthy but the Lions still have to prove they’re an elite team. Their wins all came against teams with losing records. They beat Ottawa twice in September before losing to Fajardo and the Riders last week. This week’s game against Winnipeg can help prove that they deserve their individual and team recognition.