Moderator: Team Captains

BC 1988
Legend

^^^^Cool story, bro.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Foxhound wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:18 pm
Bloody hell. This ongoing Canadian obsession with Donald Trump is pathetic. I guess his larger-than-life American persona rubs the tender sensibilities of most Canadians the wrong way. C'est la vie. Oh, sorry, I forgot. Just like Trump most of the people in Canada are not so cosmopolitan that they aren't lost when it comes to any language other than English. Yet we still have the picture of some foreign Queen on much of our currency. Of course our coinage is cheap cupro-nickel now as opposed to silver so what does it matter if some ridiculous foreigner's face is on it, right? It is to scream.

Oh, and incidentally, how have things gone now that the Democrats are in the White House? Hmmmm, an immediate income tax increase, agreeing to some "climate" accord that gives the worst polluting country in the world a free pass, losing Afghanistan to a bunch of religious fanatics, conceding the rest of the Middle East to the sphere of influence of the neo-Soviet revanchist KGBeasts running Russia just as the previous Democratic administration allowed Poutine to rape Georgia and then Ukraine. Oh, peachy keen I guess judging by the cessation of Democrat induced rioting that engulfed the States for four years because the other side was in the White House.

And after an election that defied statistical probability in half a dozen key States. But no "smoking gun" thus no proof so why should anyone care, right?

Yet we Canadians continue to obsess about Trump. Like I say, it's pathetic.

:dizzy:
I dont give a crap about Trump myself, except that him being in the white house was very scary. The world would be a better place without Trump in it. As for statistical probability, just about every major thing that happens defies it to some degree
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Foxhound
Starter

KnowItAll wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:49 pm
I dont give a crap about Trump myself....
Okay. I'm willing to accept you at your word.
KnowItAll wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:49 pm
...except that him being in the white house was very scary. The world would be a better place without Trump in it.
:shock:

Hmmmm. A very strong statement from somebody who ostensibly doesn't give a crap about Trump. Quite simply if you didn't give a crap, you'd have a "ho-hum" opinion. But somehow you didn't notice that the second part of your statement immediately gave the lie to your first.

Incidentally, did it somehow escape your attention that the most virulent opposition to Donald Trump came from those segments of the populace seeking to extract ever more bounty from the government's teat and thus with a vested interest in the continued growth of the nanny State? These groups typically react with hysteria (and for four full years) to any politician promising to curtail the ongoing growth of government. Anybody who extolled draining the swamp and cutting taxes was waving a red flag in the face of those with a vested interest in Big Government. As they say "Any politician who promises to rob Peter to pay Paul can count on the support of Paul." Sad but true. That's why Western democracies seem to be marching ever closer to a Venezuela type of economic collapse. You can't live on other people's money forever.

One thing's for sure is that the opposition to Trump was certainly not from those who valued their freedom to choose and didn't like to be told how to manage their affairs and live their lives by some government bureaucrat.

:wag:
Radically Canadian!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I would egg him on and see how many stupid things I could get him to say.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back