Semi-Final Games, November 11, 2018

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:05 pm
Thanks for those, squishy.

One hears the commentator saying soft cover, cushion, get back, more time in the pocket. One sees 4 man rush and zone by DBs and LBs. Now where have we seen that before? Ha ha

Wally's favourite ''prevent'' defence with soft zone and 4 man rush worked better back in the day, but not on that particular day.

McManus takes them down the field throwing to Alexander, Clark, Murphy and Flutie.

Flutie to the 4 with 5 seconds left. Flutie splits the zone, Danny Mc shoots it in there. TD. Ha ha

A great memory. And Cuthbert calling the game.
That to me is the greatest video of any game in the CFL I've been at or watched on TV as I did this one.

8 min in time (not clock) was insane given the conditions.

If Wally wasn't the opposing coach this would be a great video to show your Lions team if a game was going to be played in similar horrid conditions.

On the final play at the 4 yard line with 5 seconds to go in the game and the Calgary time out, how many of you can remember where you were, what you doing or saying to the TV - I can.

When Chris Cuthbert asks Dan Kepley (former Esk great and LB) for a play call that was also for me the best ever.

Question from Cuthbert and a long pause it seems from Dan Kepley who gets the play call right. Inside quick toss to Flutie - Kepley got it right but at that point the Calgary team was getting outcoached by Lions Dave Ritchie and they let Flutie inside.

But when Kepley says "If worse comes to worse" maybe a Danny Mac QB draw- I relive the moment and saying out loud to my TV "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO he's too slow" hahah
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This is a stunning development if true. The Riders listed Zach Collaros on Saturday as their starting QB for the WSF. Now TSN reports he won't dress.

seamack3
prospect

Sask has a chance with Bridge... Collaros is crap.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Seamack 3 said:

Have you watched the games this year? Bridge has been terrible this year, nowhere near as good as last year. While Collaros has been much better this year and better than Bridge. Sask won with Collaros and struggled with Bridge. The Riders may win tomorrow, but if Bridge is the QB for the rest of the playoffs, they will lose in Calgary. I expect Bridge to be playing elsewhere next year.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

JohnnyMusso wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:33 pm
Seamack 3 said:

Have you watched the games this year? Bridge has been terrible this year, nowhere near as good as last year. While Collaros has been much better this year and better than Bridge. Sask won with Collaros and struggled with Bridge. The Riders may win tomorrow, but if Bridge is the QB for the rest of the playoffs, they will lose in Calgary. I expect Bridge to be playing elsewhere next year.
You are right about Brandon Bridge this year.

I watched the Rider games last year and he was fine when he came in for Kevin Glenn as it was clear that he was part of the team and important as when things got tough and the Riders O-line wasn't able to stop them, Jones gave Glenn the immediate hook and said why - he's 38 or whatever, and he wasn't going to get his QB killed.

But when I look at how Bridge carries himself this year, it's not the same guy mentally. I think it's how he's been treated. Doesn't even do much short yardage.

If there was anything surprising in this, it would have been Zach Collaros starting. It was little more than a Chris Jones stunt. Not saying he was risking much taking reps but it was clearly a ruse.

If you shot a deer who hit the ground as Collaros did after that head shot and he walked off - you'd know to follow as he ain't going far.
John Gott Beer incident
Irony of ironies. Wally Buono apparently was the first call to the CFL about John Gott of the RedBlacks pulling a wee Willie Whitecap Johnston - beer trick post TD. Buono according to TSN called it an embarrassment etc and had be squished.

Funny, he was silent on his player Odell Willis taking out Collaros and possibly sending him to retirement and a lifelong of issues. That suggests how hard it will be to get head shots of the game - yet there's no fighting. In fact facting is so rare, TSN covered the Baylor brawl yesterday as it's just not normal in the game at a high level.

Not sure Wally has the right embarrassment. It's an embarrassment that pro sports still can't get it right when it comes to eliminating head shots as non-football and hockey fans bring that up when you talk football or hockey.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy