Congrats to Geroy

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

klr
prospect

Up yours Wally for the totally disrespect shown to HOF career. Hope you get another ring this year.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Go Calgary
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Go Calgary
X2
Upper Bowl
Starter

Go Stamps!

Geroy has proven the Lions right for letting him go, several times over this season.
One catch for six yards today, and a weak attempt to make that grab at the goal line. He had two players on him but had a great opportunity to make the catch. Seemed like he may have been flustered at the possibility of taking a hit.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Geroy was an absolute non factor in the Riders' biggest game of the year to date.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Upper Bowl wrote:Go Stamps!

Geroy has proven the Lions right for letting him go, several times over this season.
One catch for six yards today, and a weak attempt to make that grab at the goal line. He had two players on him but had a great opportunity to make the catch. Seemed like he may have been flustered at the possibility of taking a hit.
LaRose should have intercepted that one but he misread it and overran the play.
dtrain
Starter

Regardless of feelings towards one of the six greatest all-time Lions, i will always cheer for the Riders over the Stamps.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

dtrain wrote:Regardless of feelings towards one of the six greatest all-time Lions, i will always cheer for the Riders over the Stamps.
And I will ALWAYS cheer for the Stamps over the Riders. Certainly do not want Foley getting another ring either........
David
Team Captain

Kind of losing some respect for Geroy. Any time he says, "it's not about me" this year, well, I have to call BS. It IS about him. The whole hissy fit thing after the Rider win in BC Place - a game in which he was honoured and feted prior to the game. Well, when he only caught a token ball thrown his way in garbage time, he wouldn't speak to the media. Then his comments tonight.

(this is a verbatim quote from the Riders locker room via TSN tonight):
wrote:This was the ultimate goal - to send those guys home, you best believe that. But I wanted to do it in the right way, umm, you know - it's not about me as far as an individual, but I feel pretty f**kin' good right now.
He's obviously still bitter about not getting a better offer from the Lions, but he's been a complete non-factor in most games this season. Sure we've seen some nice catches this year as you might expect from a future HOFer, but he's almost a forgotten man nowadays. Sad.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Trading Simon was absolutely the right move by Wally...clearly Moore and Taylor were more than ready, and had the Lions chosen to give Gore a chance, he would have proven it too...and Arland Bruce's best game all season came against the Lions...the Lions were not hurt by losing either receiver...Wally just didn't add the key pieces that were missing on this team after the trade of Mitchell and it showed once again today.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Upper Bowl
Starter

David wrote:Kind of losing some respect for Geroy. Any time he says, "it's not about me" this year, well, I have to call BS. It IS about him. The whole hissy fit thing after the Rider win in BC Place - a game in which he was honoured and feted prior to the game. Well, when he only caught a token ball thrown his way in garbage time, he wouldn't speak to the media. Then his comments tonight.

(this is a verbatim quote from the Riders locker room via TSN tonight):
wrote:This was the ultimate goal - to send those guys home, you best believe that. But I wanted to do it in the right way, umm, you know - it's not about me as far as an individual, but I feel pretty f**kin' good right now.
He's obviously still bitter about not getting a better offer from the Lions, but he's been a complete non-factor in most games this season. Sure we've seen some nice catches this year as you might expect from a future HOFer, but he's almost a forgotten man nowadays. Sad.

The "right way??" What.....by being invisible and letting your teammates carry you to victory?? Sure G, that's a great recipe for revenge! I'm sure Wally was blown over by your performance!
kenny
Champion

Through out the game Geroy seemed more interested in putting/keeping his hands in his handwarmer then catching balls, blocking etc. In my opinion he did not look good on or off the field this year. Selfish aging player.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

You'd figure the ultimate goal might be winning a game being played in Regina.

I do respect Geroy and his career here but I'm definately not cheering for him to win another Grey Cup this season. I hope the Stamps win. My number one reason is I hate the Riders but seeing Geroy 'being sent home' is now a close second.....
Rammer
Team Captain

Geroy made the move for Geroy, he was offered more opportunity by signing with Saskatchewan. That didn't materialize in the end, in fact it may have been reduced even moreso in Regina than had he been playing in BC. I am not anti Geroy, his comments withstanding, but am more saddened at how far his involvement on the field has fallen. The pass that LaRose was cruising across the middle seemed to me that he was protecting his hammy on the final few strides, or perhaps that he was concerned about LaRose coming across, but that wasn't an effort that would have endeared me had he been a Lion. As for his comments, at least I can take satisfaction knowing that those comments can't be taken to heart for the Lions, as he had next to zero to do with the Riders moving on and even less to do with the Lions being out of the playoffs. They sound more like a bitter vent from a player without contribution and says more about him than it does about the Lions.
Entertainment value = an all time low
David
Team Captain

I uploaded the video so you guys can see for yourselves. Clearly not a guy who's at peace with being asked to take a reduced role with the Lions. Still, one catch for 6 yards - I hardly think Wally's losing any sleep over his decision - other than losing a veteran voice of course. But if that "veteran voice" is complaining incessantly about not getting the ball enough and his role in the offence, are you any further ahead?

[video][/video]

Roar, You Lions, Roar